PDA

View Full Version : Repel ( the card)

beepharoni
10-12-2013, 08:39 PM
As someone who is relatively new to TCG's, some wording of cards and gameplay mechanics are unknown to me.

I was just playing in a game and I had the repel card, 4 cost quick action "target attacking or blocking creature is destroyed". So, on my attack phase, he chose to block me, i used my Repel, and then my attack arc for that character disappeared.

Is this working properly? I was under the impression that my attack would still go through because the repel stopped the blocker from blocking my attack.

Any help is appreciated.

Aradon
10-12-2013, 08:45 PM
In Hex, if a creature becomes blocked and the blocking creature is destroyed, the attacking creature is still considered 'blocked' and, unless it has crush, will not deal damage to the opponent. You can't 'unblock' a creature by removing the blockers.

beepharoni
10-12-2013, 10:38 PM
Ah. Thanks. I still have much to learn, but It's an enjoyable experience getting beaten by players who are good at the game. I'm not even losing all that terribly, so it gives me high hopes for once I figure out what I am doing!

Lochar
10-12-2013, 10:41 PM
An interesting aside on that as well.

If you block with a blood cauldron ritualist and another creature, you can then sac the creature to power the ritualist and still gain the benefit of having blocked with the other creature.

beepharoni
10-12-2013, 11:13 PM
Interesting trick. Thanks for the tip :)