PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Decks by accident

blakegrandon
10-13-2013, 08:21 AM
Don't think this is a bug, but I feel this is actually a pretty big issue.

There is no confirmation button for deleting a deck, went to go check the stats and run some practice draws on my 288 card behemoth, and accidentally deleted it.

Yes, I can rebuild it with about 10 minutes of work, but remembering the exact distribution of cards is a bit of a pain.

I feel like a simple confirmation that you want to delete X deck would be nice... :-(

keldrin
10-13-2013, 12:36 PM
Yeah. With the system at work, to delete something, you have to click the item, then confirm by typing yes. That way you can't accidently click through it.
I would think something like that, should be a combination of click to delete, then some kind of keyboard confirmation (like Y or N, or press enter to confirm, something like that). So you have to stop a second and think about it, rather than just clicking.
A experienced TCG player, familiar with the cards, can reconstruct a deck relatively easily. But someone new to TCGs, who may have had to go online for deck construction ideas, or even had someone help them build their deck, may have a much harder time getting things back together again, into a actually playable deck.

Orcao
10-13-2013, 12:46 PM
It's also not entirely clear on how the delete deck button works when you click it. Prior to hitting it, you're not sure of how it's going to happen. My assumption going in was that it would bring up a "Which deck would you like to delete..." type interface, when in all actuality it just deletes the currently loaded deck. This just seems wrong to me, I guess (I accidentally deleted the alpha collection deck, which promptly resulted in me losing cards somehow? A repair seemed to fix it, though I still just have 2 Endbringers). Anyway, perhaps it should look like this:

Menu, Delete Deck
Select Deck to Delete
Confirm

It currently looks like this:
Menu, Delete Deck

To mass delete decks you'd need to:

Menu, Load Deck
Select Deck
Confirm
Menu, Delete Deck
Repeat

vs the proposed:

Menu, Delete Deck
Select Deck
Confirm
Repeat

Having it work in the proposed manner makes more sense to me, is less clicks per intended result, and meets the desire for a confirmation of some form as requested by previous posters.

knightofeffect
10-13-2013, 03:57 PM
As an aside to this, does anyone know the local location the client uses to store decks you create? I searched my entire computer including system files for a deck name and came up with nothing.

Orcao
10-13-2013, 04:58 PM
As an aside to this, does anyone know the local location the client uses to store decks you create? I searched my entire computer including system files for a deck name and came up with nothing.
They're saved to the Hex servers. You keep your decks when logging in on different computers. An Import/Export deck thing might be neat for sharing deck setups.