PDA

View Full Version : Blood Burn

darkwonders
10-13-2013, 01:35 PM
This has been my favorite deck so far. It's kinda lacking in the troop department, so I'm hoping everyone will be able to provide some suggestions. Perhaps I'll have to wait until more cards are revealed.

Resources - 23
12 Blood Shard
11 Ruby Shard

Troops - 14
4 Wailing Banshee
4 Giant Corpse Fly
4 Corrupt Harvester
2 High Tomb Lord

Basic Action - 14
3 Life Siphon
4 Call of the Grave
4 Ragefire
2 Heatwave
1 Extinction

Quick Action - 7
4 Burn
3 Murder

Constant - 2
2 Pact of Pain

Shandrakor
10-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Hey again Darkwonders. As we discussed in our game, here's my similar deck composition:

Resources - 26
13x Blood Shard
13x Ruby Shard

Troops - 6
2x High Tomb Lord
4x Giant Corpse Fly

Basic Action - 18
4x Life Siphon
4x Extinction
4x Burn to the Ground
4x Ragefire
2x Heat Wave

Quick Action - 8
4x Murder
4x Burn

Constant - 2
2x Pact of Pain

Total - 60 Cards

Between the Pact of Pains and Giant Corpse Flies you get some card advantage. Add to that Extinction and/or Heat Wave knocking off 2 or more creatures and you further get card advantage. After that, it's just a matter of laying down the High Tomb Lord and/or burning the opponent down with any combination of Ragefire, Burn, Burn to the Ground, and Life Siphon + Gozzog's ability.

Amusingly, the Giant Corpse Fly can actually do some damage too because you can just burn down any opposing creatures. That and you don't have to worry about having them as casualties to your area effect spells, because it just makes your High Tomb Lord that much stronger.

I was considering dropping 2 Burn to the Grounds for 2 Misfortunes, but not sure on that one yet. I.e. more card advantage and champion damage.

HyenaNipples
10-13-2013, 03:03 PM
I'm going to offer the idea of a sub-optimal card:

Consider Blood Thrall.

It's a pretty bad card- but consider: You have three cards with pretty big evasion: Banshee, Corpse Fly, and Harvester. You could do some serious damage to a player's hand with a well timed Blood Thrall.

vulture27
10-13-2013, 03:55 PM
I've been considering a very similar Blood/Ruby control deck.

http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=392

The Fiendish Cabalists are actually Ruby Arc from the game files (same cost/threshold is why I am using it as a placeholder - Deal 3 damage divided as you choose among any number of target champions and/or troops).

I like Ash Harpy as a finisher over High Tomb Lord. The evasion gets around annoy Lixil The Deathless Gem. It should also be able to kill the opponent faster then Tomb Lord if you fight another creature light deck, or they can pop more chump blockers out after a wipe (Worker Bot Factory, etc).

Bombsmith and Xentoth's Inquisitor are strong against aggro decks in my limited testing, but they are the two cards most likely to be changed.

darkwonders
10-13-2013, 04:01 PM
oh man. Shards of fate is gonna work so nicely in dual color decks. My issue always has been I have enough resources, just it's usually a 3/1 or 4/1 when lots of cards on both sides require 2 for the threshold. Good to see it balanced in not actually giving you a resource. Just a charge + threshold.

Aradon
10-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Shards of Fate actually does give a resources, just not a temporary one for that turn. So you'll be getting more resources the next turn. Not sure if that is what you meant, but it's more than just a charge and threshold. It'd actually be pretty awful for just a charge and threshold, I would think. At that point, I'd rather play the Adaptible infusion device.

darkwonders
10-13-2013, 04:16 PM
oh ok. the site didn't say that it got a resource, so I wasn't sure. If it delays it a turn, then that works too.