PDA

View Full Version : Shard Symbol Distinction, Deck Editor...

Zomnivore
10-14-2013, 10:45 AM
When in the deck editor I get confused about which symbol is which, when I click the shard filter (top right below card type)

I feel like the symbols for sapphire and diamond are particularly confusing to me. Both shapes in my mind refer back to a diamond shape, and what it's called.

When pressing the button the colors no longer present another visual cue to which is which. My suggestion would be to have some color still present somewhere. Maybe the outlined gold could be changed to a muted shade of the particular color.

Its not a particularly huge problem but I think it will be one of those annoying things that nibble at me, until I memorize the shape.

I think that what you have now with how blood/wild segregates the shards sort of helps to alleviate the problem...but for me it still persists.

Does this problem happen to anyone else? What solutions do you think would help? Should the internal bit of the shard be colored and the outside bit be a sort of high opacity (in the center) fade out to the circumference?

Not wanting to go away from a distinct shade of color...is probably a priority so the faded color option might not be the best in regards to creating distinct color identity to each thresh.

HyenaNipples
10-14-2013, 12:11 PM
I was thinking on this myself:

I think this would differentiate symbols nicely, and I believe would remove any difficulty for all types of color-blindness.

As an added bonus, we would be able to call Wild cards "Canada" cards, and thus have mono-Canada decks.

P.S. The Ruby is a Hexagon. Get it? HEX-agon. HAHA! I'm hilarious.

Zophie
10-14-2013, 12:17 PM
As an added bonus, we would be able to call Wild cards "Canada" cards, and thus have mono-Canada decks.

Even if they don't change the icon I'm still going to call them Canada cards from now on.

EmraldArcher
10-14-2013, 12:18 PM
I was thinking on this myself:

I think this would differentiate symbols nicely, and I believe would remove any difficulty for all types of color-blindness.

P.S. The Ruby is a Hexagon. Get it? HEX-agon. HAHA! I'm hilarious.

It would actually be illegal (in Canada) to use that symbol for Wild.

HyenaNipples
10-14-2013, 12:23 PM
Interesting. That is something I did not know.

Well, any pointy leaf shape would suffice. So long as it isn't Mary Jane.

Zophie
10-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Mary Jane decks might be too OP for Set 1, we probably have to wait until 2 or 3 at least.

HyenaNipples
10-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Mary Jane decks might be too OP for Set 1, we probably have to wait until 2 or 3 at least.

Yeah, those decks might be too chill for most people to handle.

Silentknyght
10-14-2013, 12:41 PM
i think they could do a pair of leaves for "wild". One would be slightly smaller, and the sides of each leaf would be smooth. With a "V" or inverted "V" shape to look at, it'd be easier to distinguish.

Sidewinder
10-14-2013, 12:43 PM
While we're at it, I'd like the resource cost on Burn to the Ground to be more obvious. The templating is off, what with the 1 just kinda sneaking in there.

Tinuvas
10-14-2013, 12:48 PM
While we're at it, I'd like the resource cost on Burn to the Ground to be more obvious. The templating is off, what with the 1 just kinda sneaking in there.

I've had a couple games where my opponents messed that one up and didn't QUITE kill my troop because of it.