PDA

View Full Version : Alpha testers thoughts about release date??

DreamPuppet
10-14-2013, 03:19 PM
I know this ends up just being speculation and the opinions of people who aren't in the Crypto loop, but it's not like a lot of us have anything better to do at this time other than chat...lol

What are peoples thoughts on the alpha so far and after experiencing the expected alpha build bugs and other problems what are everyone's guesstimates on an actual release time?

Now i only have a couple of $250 KS tiers so i'm not playing the alpha myself at this moment but from watching hours of streams and seeing where the game is at i foresee it being in alpha until early 2014, followed by a beta of at the very least 6 months which would push any semblance of a finished product to at least fall 2014.

Considering that none of the PVE is open for testing yet and the promise of dozens upon dozens of PVE dungeons and raids which will probably be filled with a lot more problems than just the PVP alpha build that we have now i think that the beta testing will be very long.

Kami
10-14-2013, 03:29 PM
Considering the last day of Summer is September 20, 2014, I'd say they have more than enough time to hit their release estimate bar any extreme unforeseen circumstances.

Alpha is very rough at this stage but playable! We've not had any crashes, BSODs, etc. That's a good thing! That means they can focus on adding features and eliminating bugs.

The Beta estimate though... I see that being late this year or even as late as a couple months into 2014.

hacky
10-14-2013, 03:30 PM
Honestly, I think HEX is on track, give or take a few weeks. Content isn't the bottleneck - it's seems it's almost entirely client stability, infrastructure, and coding in content.

Considering that none of the PVE is open for testing yet and the promise of dozens upon dozens of PVE dungeons and raids which will probably be filled with a lot more problems than just the PVP alpha build that we have now i think that the beta testing will be very long.

I want to point out that a "dungeon" in HEX likely doesn't need nearly as much sheer volume of assets (art, design, modeling, layout and otherwise) as it does in a 3D action MMORPG.

Hexgo
10-14-2013, 03:44 PM
That means they can focus on adding people and eliminating bugs.
A little correction.

Kami
10-14-2013, 03:48 PM
That means they can focus on adding people and eliminating bugs.
A little correction.

Please don't do that. I meant what I said.

Adding people is NOT a priority. The game needs a lot of work still. Adding features and eliminating bugs MUST be done before they can even consider adding more people.

The goal is the same although you don't see it that way.

tautologico
10-14-2013, 03:51 PM
My guess (for what it's worth, which isn't much) is beta by February-March 2014 and release by the end of 2014.

Aradon
10-14-2013, 03:55 PM
We've all heard CZE talk about wanting to get everyone into the alpha as soon as possible. They haven't said much about adding all the features ASAP, so I think they're more concerned about adding players rather than features. In Alpha, bugs will be persistent for a loooong time, it doesn't make any sense to 'fix the bugs' before adding the rest of the players to the alpha.

Hexgo
10-14-2013, 04:05 PM

Adding people is NOT a priority. The game needs a lot of work still. Adding features and eliminating bugs MUST be done before they can even consider adding more people.

First of all it needs to be mentioned that you shouldn't take it so negativ, when people complaining about not beeing in the alpha yet.
It is rather a compliment than anything else. It translates to:"your game looks awesome, I want to play it now plx!"

Other than that I don't think adding features etc. should come before adding people to the alpha.
It's an alpha, it's very well playable, as you said. Cryptozoic could have stated that they want a small alpha, to clear out all bugs
and adding features, but instead they said that they want the backers in as fast as possible.
I don't claim that it is possible yet, but they don't have to fix any game mechanic bugs or add features to let people in.
So I have to disagree with you.

Well I think you know what I want to say with that.

Shadowelf
10-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Their highest priorities at this point appear to be;

1)The Server; stability, hardware

We are inviting people in groups because we need to evaluate hardware needs; we can't throw 20,000 invites at an untested server and expect it to hold. We're gathering good data on our server hardware,

update #51 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts

2)Fixing bugs

Our internal testers have given great feedback on keys, functionality, characters. You external testers have done a great job documenting bugs, and I have a HEX team member combing through the bug reports to get those to the engineers

(http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27943&page=2)

3)Approving a Quick Start guide

I'm moving through the Cryptozoic customer service queue to help people who should've received keys and did not, as well as getting the Quick Start guide approved so people new to TCGs can have a document to help them understand the game.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27943&page=2

4)Getting more people into Alpha

We don't have a date yet for Wave 2, but we will get players into the alpha as soon as we can do so safely.

update #51 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts

As for features , i don't believe we will see more before every backer is in Alpha

butttoots
10-14-2013, 04:12 PM

Haha pwnt by Shadowelf

keroko
10-14-2013, 04:20 PM
there are other aspects like soak of twitch viewership lockout to consider (but that'd be stirring the pot so I should avoid that).

Hexgo
10-14-2013, 04:23 PM
there are other aspects like soak of twitch viewership lockout to consider (but that'd be stirring the pot so I should avoid that).

Did I hear soak and pot...?
:-)

Shadowelf
10-14-2013, 04:24 PM
Haha pwnt by Shadowelf

It's not my intention to pwnt anyone; i'm just making logical assumptions based on the info provided. But i'm not in cze's mind. Kami may as well be correct. I guess time will tell

keroko
10-14-2013, 06:37 PM
Did I hear soak and pot...?
:-)

i cant help myself!

http://youtu.be/QS-aerse5Ig