PDA

View Full Version : A simple change suggestion for the deck editor (search lag)

havocattack
10-14-2013, 05:09 PM
I have noticed, as I'm sure many have, that when using the search bar in the deck editor and you start typing and or backspacing your previous search, what happens is it starts filtering the cards dynamically.

By doing this it makes everything lag (even trying to type) as it keeps updating as each letter you add or remove. This will only lag more with time, when more cards are added.

Solution:

Probably a bunch of different things that could be done, but what I thought of was, when someone types into the search bar, if X seconds (prob 2 or lower?) go by and no user input has been received then it will assume the user is finished typing and search based on what is in there.

I think this or something similar could work.

Cheers

HAVOC
Catch me streaming @ www.twitch.tv/hexedhavoc

Commoble
10-14-2013, 05:27 PM
I don't even have the alpha and I like this idea (or even just make the player press enter before it starts filtering). Filters that actively filter while you're typing are annoying if they can't keep up with your typing in realtime.

Truhls
10-14-2013, 05:38 PM
honestly the whole deck builder needs to be optimized still ( cards should not take more than a few seconds to load, especially with so few ) . That and they really need to make the search function better for what you can search for ( eg searching for Escalation , Flight , Invincible does nothing )

Commoble
10-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Yeah, fair point. A usual (closed) dev cycle is features first, bugfixes second, polish and optimization last: build the shed, make sure it won't fall over, and THEN paint it.

Drake6k
10-14-2013, 07:17 PM
I always want to narrow the search to single card types and colors (like blood troops, or ruby quick-actions), but by default you have to click every type you don't want first. Maybe have right clicking on one color or card type disable the other types? Maybe this already works somehow and I'm missing it.