PDA

View Full Version : What does "revert target troop" actually do?

danagar
10-15-2013, 11:18 AM
Question in title. I looked on the wiki for "revert" and only found pages for the cards that have "revert" in their text and no explanation of what revert means/does.

I am new to TCG, so pardon my ignorance.

The example card I am trying to figure out is: http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Boltpaw_Wizard

Thanks.

Arkaal
10-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Revert will reset the card to it's default values. It will undo any permanent changes or transformations applied to the card since the beginning of the game.

HyenaNipples
10-15-2013, 11:58 AM
It's actually still a little unclear exactly what revert will do. We know it will undo transformation, but we're not entirely sure if other permanent changes will also be undone.

danagar
10-15-2013, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the replies. I wonder if it will revert constants permanently.

For example there is a Sapphire card that buffs all fliers with +1/+1. Would this flier buff revert permanently?

Aradon
10-15-2013, 12:49 PM
I don't believe so. Air Superiority doesn't modify a card directly, it just gives a boost to that card. In other words, you are trying to revert a card that doesn't have any modifications attached to it.

HyenaNipples
10-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Right. The question is more centered around cards like Bravery and Atrophy.

The_Wine_Gnat
10-15-2013, 03:37 PM
Question in title. I looked on the wiki for "revert" and only found pages for the cards that have "revert" in their text and no explanation of what revert means/does.

I am new to TCG, so pardon my ignorance.

The example card I am trying to figure out is: http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Boltpaw_Wizard

Thanks.

I'm wondering this myself.

WhiteBubbles7
10-16-2013, 04:24 AM
For some reason, I was thinking that Revert was more like convert in the sense that the card being reverted becomes your card. Guess I was completely wrong. :rolleyes:

Icepick
10-17-2013, 04:14 AM
It's actually still a little unclear exactly what revert will do. We know it will undo transformation, but we're not entirely sure if other permanent changes will also be undone.

Really? My understanding was the exact opposite of that - we knew it would undo permanent buffs to cards (like Inspires) but not sure whether or not it reversed transformations...

HyenaNipples
10-17-2013, 04:46 AM
Well.. now i just have no idea!

Eierdotter
10-18-2013, 03:56 AM
From my understanding Revertign a troop means the troop gets back to the state that it has by default.
removes effects that are like MTG Auras, like inner conflict.
same examples and what i think will happen when these troops get reverted:
Hop'Hiro any state - becomes Hop'Hiro Samurai with 0 counters
Pile of Bones - becomes Bone Warrior
Shin'Hare Eulogist 9/8 - becomes 2/1 again
Xenthot's Inquisitor with cost 11 - becomes a cost 3 again
Endbringer that buffs +4 rage to all orcs (Player A 7life, Player B 3life) - nothing happens after reverting
Living Totem with a ton of buffs - becomes a clean 2/2
Princess Victoria with cost 0 - becomes cost 3
Mancubus with used oneshot - oneshot available again
Research Librarian with used card draw - card draw available again
Honeycap 7/7 - becomes 0/0 and dies