PDA

View Full Version : Syncing after each turn

danagar
10-15-2013, 12:39 PM
My last game was rather delayed because the game was slowly syncing after each turn. It would cycle through all the graveyard of each player and rearrange the cards on the field for each player. It was taking quite some time (15+ seconds x2 PER TURN) toward the end of my last game.

Has this syncing always been in their client and its usually way faster and I didn't notice it? Or is this something new they have added to keep the games from hanging. Two games before this last game, I had a game hang, and I had to escape out to concede. Makes me think this is something new since I haven't seen it before.

Bluewolf
10-15-2013, 12:47 PM
I've had this happen before twice. Once with the same exact symptoms (long synching of every move after the resolution of each player's turn). And a second time where it only did it once during a match I was having for that single turn.

Quite annoying and unsure what causes this type of behavior to occur. As far as I know, synching normally always occurs, but is much faster and doesn't seem to go through all of the previous moves from the entire match like this bug does. It shouldn't repeat in your future games unless they bug again.

BossHoss
10-15-2013, 12:58 PM
I had this issue when a menacing gralk was played where it would tap, untap and retap creatures in play and go through a very long syncing process

Erebus
10-15-2013, 12:59 PM
It tends to happen during very complicated board states I've noticed.

Empyrium
10-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Happened to me while the Tomb Lord was in play, and you could see the cards changing in each graveyard, as if someone was counting them off by hand. :)

Gwaer
10-15-2013, 06:19 PM
You can replicate this really easily by getting the guy that steals troops from graveyards out and stealing your oppenents troops, midnight something or other.