PDA

View Full Version : Q: Crush

The_Wine_Gnat
10-15-2013, 04:41 PM
If I defend with a troop card that has crush say Feral Ogre vs a Howling Brave, will the extra damage hurt the enemy champ?

vulture27
10-15-2013, 04:47 PM
I assume you mean if you attack with a crush troop and it gets blocked? Yes, the attacking troop has to deal damage equal to the blocking troop's toughness, and then the extra will be dealt to the player/champion.

In the case of the Ogre and Brave, the Brave would get dealt 1 damage to kill it and then 2 goes to the player.

Aradon
10-15-2013, 05:05 PM
If you defend with a troop with crush, it does not get to deal any extra damage to the enemy. Crush only works on the attack, and does not come into play on defense.

Vengus
10-16-2013, 03:48 AM
Crush
When you attack with troops, the opponent has a chance to block them with troops of their own. Normally when this happens, the troops deal damage to each other and that’s the end of combat. With Crush, the attacking troop has the potential to deal damage to the champion’s health total equal to the difference between its ATK and the blocking troop’s DEF. This lets you push through damage even if the opponent has a bunch of pesky blockers.
Crush usually shows up on bigger troops to show, in a flavorful light, the troop is so big that the blocking troop will not be able to distract him and keep him away from hitting the champion. That being said, one of the best ways to really push this keyword is with effects that can increase your troop’s ATK. Rage plays particularly well with Crush.
So what Aradon said. Which is a good thing, just imagine how OP Heroic Inspiration would be otherwise.

The_Wine_Gnat
10-16-2013, 11:04 AM
So what Aradon said. Which is a good thing, just imagine how OP Heroic Inspiration would be otherwise.

Heroic Inspiration was the very reason I was wondering this. Thanks for all the info!