PDA

View Full Version : Input on my deck please.

Kersed
10-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Bertram Cragraven

Troop
--------------
4x The Ancestors' chosen
4x Eldritch Dream
2x Archmage Wrenlocke
2x Demented Demolisher
1x Menacing Gralk
1x Monkey of the Nine Tails
1x Rot Caster

Basic Action
-----------------
4x Oracle Song
3x Extinction
2x Necessary Sacrifice
4x Mimic

Quick Action
-----------------
4x Murder
1x Polymorph: Dingler

Artifact
-----------------
2x Chaos Key

Shards
-------------
12x Blood Shaard
13x Sapphire Shard

Kersed
10-15-2013, 08:17 PM
What sucks about it? Your input in not very valuable.

HyenaNipples
10-15-2013, 08:22 PM
Don't mind EmraldArcher, he is the forums' only dedicated, intentional troll.

As for your deck, the only thing I think odd is the inclusion of Extinction with all those troops. Aren't you worried about wiping out your own guys? Also- the Necessary Sacrifice while you don't have anything particularly cannon-fodderish.

Kersed
10-15-2013, 08:25 PM
I use the champion troop for fodder. The extinction, I haven't really run into to many situations where they're dead cards to me since my deck is not that fast.

HyenaNipples
10-15-2013, 08:26 PM
Cool. It looks interesting to me. I'd like to see it in action.

Kersed
10-15-2013, 09:15 PM
Anyone got any ideas on cards to replace with something else and your reason why?

Maphalux
10-15-2013, 09:38 PM
If you want it to be tournament legal, you'll need to add two cards. The current count is 58.

HyenaNipples
10-15-2013, 10:00 PM
Caught the tail end of your deck being played against a streamer just now Kersed. It looked pretty nice. You've opened my eyes to the possibilities of the Monkey of Nine Tails.

Kersed
10-15-2013, 10:00 PM
oh yeah, I see, I forgot to write something down. I use 2x Chaos Key

vulture27
10-16-2013, 07:16 AM
Changes I would consider;

Polymorph: Dingler to the sideboard, add 1x Murder - I assume the Polymorph is there for creatures like Fist of Briggadon? I think you would be better off using Murder and then sideboarding in the Polymorph for specific problem troops.

Drop Corrupted Afterlife, add 1x Extinction - Getting three 2/2s for six resources is just a generally underwhelming effect. A cost of 6 should usually give you something that wins the game, and this rarely will. As for Extinction, like you mentioned the deck is rather slow. I think you will need to draw one of these most games, and rarely be upset to see multiples.

Drop Corrupt Harvester, add 4x Eldritch Dream (Rage 2 blood gem) - Harvester is a decent card. Eldritch Dream is disgustingly over the power curve and will surely get nerfed. Until then, I cant imagine playing any Sapphire deck without him.

I see a certain tension in the rest of the deck that there could be a number of ways to resolve, but I don't know which is best. You have a lot of card draw effects, a lot of cards that cost 4 or 5, and Demented Demolisher. If you drop the Demolisher before you have 8+ resources you have almost no way of casting more then one card a turn, which makes all the card draw largely irrelevant. On the other hand, I don't think "get 8+ resources into play" is ever a reliable game plan unless you are playing a ramp deck. I might consider removing a few draw cards, the remaining 1x cards (Nine Tails could be good sideboard with Polymorph), and then adding Buccaneer + another 2 or 3 cost to help your early game.

Kersed
10-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Changes I would consider;

Polymorph: Dingler to the sideboard, add 1x Murder - I assume the Polymorph is there for creatures like Fist of Briggadon? I think you would be better off using Murder and then sideboarding in the Polymorph for specific problem troops.

Drop Corrupted Afterlife, add 1x Extinction - Getting three 2/2s for six resources is just a generally underwhelming effect. A cost of 6 should usually give you something that wins the game, and this rarely will. As for Extinction, like you mentioned the deck is rather slow. I think you will need to draw one of these most games, and rarely be upset to see multiples.

Drop Corrupt Harvester, add 4x Eldritch Dream (Rage 2 blood gem) - Harvester is a decent card. Eldritch Dream is disgustingly over the power curve and will surely get nerfed. Until then, I cant imagine playing any Sapphire deck without him.

I see a certain tension in the rest of the deck that there could be a number of ways to resolve, but I don't know which is best. You have a lot of card draw effects, a lot of cards that cost 4 or 5, and Demented Demolisher. If you drop the Demolisher before you have 8+ resources you have almost no way of casting more then one card a turn, which makes all the card draw largely irrelevant. On the other hand, I don't think "get 8+ resources into play" is ever a reliable game plan unless you are playing a ramp deck. I might consider removing a few draw cards, the remaining 1x cards (Nine Tails could be good sideboard with Polymorph), and then adding Buccaneer + another 2 or 3 cost to help your early game.

Thanks for the input and yes my chaos key and polymorph are there for cards like Fist of Briggadon. I definitely agree on removing the Corrupted Afterlife and Eldritch Dream is a nice suggestion. I think I might keep the other set in sideboard because the Corrupt Harvester comes in handy against aggro decks to gain back some life. I'm also going to test and drop 1/2 draw cards since I been doing good on staying with a hand full of cards. The decks that seem to be getting through on me are decks with burn just because after I get control of the game they're able to deal a lot of dmg directly to me and currently I have no answers for that until counters come in to play. I'll edit my post with deck changes once I work around with it and once again thanks for the detailed input.

Kersed
10-16-2013, 10:17 PM
Caught the tail end of your deck being played against a streamer just now Kersed. It looked pretty nice. You've opened my eyes to the possibilities of the Monkey of Nine Tails.

Oh nice, just noticed you wrote this. I made some new changes and I'm liking it so far. I'm not currently using Menacing Gralk since he's bugged and just keeps everyone tapped for the rest of the game.

Aradon
10-16-2013, 11:41 PM
I'm glad someone's playing Monkey. He seems really good, but I've never seen him cast on stream.