PDA

View Full Version : Heavily Troop Centred Deck?

TheMorningStar
10-16-2013, 07:08 AM
What do you guys think of an Inspire deck made up of 32 troops 4 contants 12 ruby and 12 diamond resources? Would this deck be considered not viable due to its lack of any spells except its 4 constant cards

Soldack
10-16-2013, 07:22 AM
Too early to tell. Depends on the constants, the creatures, etc... That sounds like a weenie rush deck, that can win alot.

HyenaNipples
10-16-2013, 08:16 AM
Sweep cards, like Heatwave, Extinction and Yesterday will give you trouble. But if you play conservatively and build in some form of card gain capability, you should be able to minimize the dangers.

blakegrandon
11-17-2013, 02:49 PM
I have an inspire heavy deck relying on fulmination/burn to control the board until I can get more inspire troops out.

My problem with the deck is that if you get an ideal draw it's amazing with a turn 1 drop followed by an increasing inspire every turn, but if you draw it out of order you can be screwed for the most part, dropping a turn 3 inspire followed by turn 1-2 inspires is no bueno.

My feeling is that inspire heavy decks depend heavily on the draw, while other decks can control the board until you draw what you need.

Not having as much fun with my inspire decks as I am with artifact heavy or control decks.

I do have a 179 card Troop focused deck that plays REALLY well though...

Leingod
11-18-2013, 07:58 PM
My problem with inspire atm is that most of the effects you would want to use for a heavy troop deck are in ruby/saph inspire, but I don't think inspire would be competitive without Blessing the Fallen. So you end up having to get a bunch of meh diamond inspire troops that don't really make things threatening enough to hold stuff in hand.

mortikal
11-23-2013, 04:20 AM
I've been running a ruby/diamond aggro deck that does fairly well. No cards over 4 mana. 4 burn 3 ragefire 3 inner conflict 4 major socket diamond troop for removal. lots of speed dudes. it's weak against heat wave. usually does enough damage to extinction based decks where you can finish with ragefires.