PDA

View Full Version : Number of players on??? / Server issues.

Rage_
10-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Everytime I see streams there are at most 10 or less people playing at any given time. How is the server being stress tested with such a low number or active players? Has the server even received any volume of players at ANY time?

Seems like we've yet to even begin stress testing and that at least a few more waves should be added to test the servers so people can feel like progress is getting made.

BTW I'm only a slacker backer so i don't expect my invite for at least a month at this pace, but I'd like to be able to see more streams or just have the knowledge that things are moving towards lessening that month wait period.

Zarien
10-16-2013, 07:04 PM
You have to keep in mind, there ARE only around 1000-1300 people in the alpha currently from the player-base. Most of the early issues so far, are stability issues. A lot of those people have had issues getting on, downloading, etc. A lot of them may even be in a way different timezone than you as well. So yes, CZE probably wants to get some of the early stability issues and server/patcher/game error kinks ironed out before inviting even more people to have the same issues. Lets let them catch up a little before moving on to the inevitable errors we will encounter with a larger test pool.

Grumph
10-16-2013, 07:25 PM
I think all you see in the lobby are people not in a game. So there could be any number of matches going on

UDareUTake
10-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Yes, Once people are in a game, their names will disappear from the list you see on the right, but I believe the devs would have the data of how many ppl are logged in at a certain point in time as well as how many matches are occuring over a period of time and how the server is handling the load and with those info, they could scale up and better manage and predict for Wave 2 in Alpha

Myst
10-17-2013, 04:25 AM
Everytime I see streams there are at most 10 or less people playing at any given time. How is the server being stress tested with such a low number or active players? Has the server even received any volume of players at ANY time?

There is no reason for them to add any more players at this time. Server can barely handle creating/saving new decks, i have a 20% chance of actually finishing a game and the server load time is horrible. Let them work out a few of these issues first.

icetech
10-17-2013, 05:14 AM
Should be no rush to add more people anyway... get more bugs fixed.. and please i hope they take their time.. then add very small amounts at a time to make sure its all happy:)

Mr.Funsocks
10-17-2013, 07:41 AM
Those 10 people? They're stressing the server atm. There's a lot of bugs that need fixing related to server stability and load.

Though as people said, you aren't seeing those in games, it's more likely 100-200 people online at a time. But yes, that is enough to stress the server at first.

houjix
10-17-2013, 08:07 AM
There's also people playing the AI or using the deckbuilder that won't appear in that list.

I don't know how many concurrent users they are averaging, but even 100-200 seems on the high side. A short peak maybe, definitely not for extended periods. That would be something interesting they could publish in one of their updates is active user stats.

BossHoss
10-17-2013, 08:09 AM
^^ Wesley Sniped

Berkhtar
10-17-2013, 08:39 AM
There's also people playing the AI or using the deckbuilder that won't appear in that list.

I don't know how many concurrent users they are averaging, but even 100-200 seems on the high side. A short peak maybe, definitely not for extended periods. That would be something interesting they could publish in one of their updates is active user stats.

Sth like:

Hey guys we are proud to let you know our servers are crashing whenever more than 150 players are online^^... wow that's an awesome idea.

MatWith1T
10-17-2013, 09:18 AM
For the sake of bug testing and deck testing... it's been a lot easier to play AI. First of all, the game freezes... a lot. Thats fine, it's alpha, but it makes the slower pace of 1v1 matches (compared to AI matches where the computer speeds through passing priority) a lot more frustrating when every 3rd game ends in a freeze. Also, when you notice a card is acting wonky against AI, you can quickly concede and immediately replicate the scenario in a new match to test. So while a have a couple of decks I will play a handful of matches with in the lobby, the bulk of my alpha time has been spent building a deck from scratch, playing the AI with it a couple times, sending bug reports, and then rinse and repeat. That's my own personal reason for not being in lobby... your mileage may vary.

There's also no global chat implemented yet, so the lobbies are not all that social. Everyone is friendly and good-spirited, but unless you want to sit and chat and not play, there's no reason to hang in the lobby.