PDA

View Full Version : KS Rewards and the policy of not changing cards

FellintoOblivion
10-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Last I heard, KS rewards were going to be delivered during beta. Since CE has a policy of not changing cards does that mean all the final testing and balancing of cards has to be done prior to the end of alpha?

keldrin
10-16-2013, 08:27 PM
They will be given in beta, at which point the cards won't be changed anymore, pending something major.
They have stated they will more likely ban cards from certain formats, rather than nerf cards.
That said, when they said in beta, they did not say at the beginning of beta. So, until they actually give us our kickstarter bonus, and start selling boosters etc for real world currency, then a card change is possible.
I will say though, it is probably unlikely, since alpha should bring to light any serious problems with PVP cards.

Gwaer
10-16-2013, 08:43 PM
The not changing cards is for PVP cards. All the ks PVP cards are simply alternate art. The PVE cards and champions are subject to nerfs if they are trivializing PVE content.

ossuary
10-16-2013, 08:46 PM
Also, the rewards are going to be given out during beta, but not necessarily right at the beginning of beta. Once they are comfortable that everything is working properly and that the cards / content is properly balanced, or in other words once we reach a point where there will definitely never need to be any more wipes for balance purposes, then the rewards will be given out - and no PVP cards will be nerfed / changed from that point onwards (though I assume this wouldn't apply to a rules clarification where a card's actual functionality was somehow unclear).

Commoble
10-16-2013, 09:11 PM
I don't recall them confirming that PVE cards would be subject to rebalancing (mercenaries, yes (http://hextcg.com/exclusives-treasure-and-mercenaries/)).

Zomnivore
10-16-2013, 09:13 PM
They were going to do more wacky things with PVE cards...so more degenerate things would/could happen in pve, they don't seem to mind altering those cards out of degenerate states from what I recall...instead of banning them.

Aradon
10-16-2013, 09:55 PM
Most recent news is that yes, PvE cards can be nerfed. PvP cards will be banned if necessary.

Shadowelf
10-17-2013, 04:36 AM
I don't recall them confirming that PVE cards would be subject to rebalancing (mercenaries, yes (http://hextcg.com/exclusives-treasure-and-mercenaries/)).

Cory confirmed it at this interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUK4FDtKALg check 0:22:40

jetah
10-17-2013, 06:17 AM
This is all speculation...

We dont know how the transition from Alpha to Beta will work. We might get an Alpha Slacker Backer or Open Alpha (which would include all KS tiers + SB). This may transition to Beta which might not get KS rewards will closer to Open Beta. Even in Open Beta we might not get any KS rewards till Launch. Until CZE tells us of what they intend to do, we can only speculate (however at this time even CZE might now know exactly).

FellintoOblivion
10-17-2013, 08:11 AM
This is all speculation...

We dont know how the transition from Alpha to Beta will work. We might get an Alpha Slacker Backer or Open Alpha (which would include all KS tiers + SB). This may transition to Beta which might not get KS rewards will closer to Open Beta. Even in Open Beta we might not get any KS rewards till Launch. Until CZE tells us of what they intend to do, we can only speculate (however at this time even CZE might now know exactly).

Corey has said KS rewards will be given out during beta.

Vorpal
10-17-2013, 08:15 AM
Last I heard, KS rewards were going to be delivered during beta. Since CE has a policy of not changing cards does that mean all the final testing and balancing of cards has to be done prior to the end of alpha?

They have a policy of not changing PvP cards after release.

I don't think you an argue that they can't change cards *before* release. I mean, that's the time to change them!

Also bear in mind a lot of the KS cards are PVE cards. The PVP cards are alternate art of existing PVP cards being tested right now, so they probably shouldn't need any changes. But I'm certainly not going to complain if they wind up making some changes to PvP cards in beta.

Shadowspawn
10-17-2013, 08:17 AM
"during" is a very broad term and the answer is - we won't know until we get more specific info. Beta could be 6-9 months. We may not see the rewards until month 8.

FellintoOblivion
10-17-2013, 10:30 AM
They have a policy of not changing PvP cards after release.

I don't think you an argue that they can't change cards *before* release. I mean, that's the time to change them!

Also bear in mind a lot of the KS cards are PVE cards. The PVP cards are alternate art of existing PVP cards being tested right now, so they probably shouldn't need any changes. But I'm certainly not going to complain if they wind up making some changes to PvP cards in beta.

The KS rewards also include (for some tiers) hundreds of booster packs. CE has given the very firm impression cards won't be changed once they are into a monetized beta, which is when the KS rewards will be going out according to Corey.

Vorpal
10-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Once we're in a monetized beta, people can straight up by booster packs from the store, so at that point, yes, things pretty much need to be locked down, regardless of kickstarter rewards.

There's a big gap between 'end of alpha' and 'monetized beta', however. Although I hope it's not *too* big.