PDA

View Full Version : Question about Mimic

Kersed
10-17-2013, 10:22 AM
I was wondering since Hex tends to keep everything permanent no matter where the card goes. When you bounce Mimic back to your hand does he come back as Mimic or the card you copied?

Aradon
10-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Mimic is an Action, so once you cast Mimic, it'll go to the graveyard. It puts a card into play that's a copy of a troop. If you return Mimic from your graveyard to hand, it'll be a Mimic in hand. If you return the card it makes from wherever it is to your hand, it'll remain the card it was in play.

So, if I mimic something, and the troop I get from it is returned to hand, it'll be the same thing when I cast it again. You won't get to copy something new.

Arkaal
10-17-2013, 10:58 AM
Yeah, if you use something to get Mimic back, you can re-cast it without affecting the creature you got from the first cast.

Likewise, if your Mimic'd creature dies and you use Cosmic Totem, you'd be shuffling both the copy of the creature AND the mimic spell back into your deck.

Raith
10-17-2013, 11:01 AM
Right, it becomes the troop (with original stats) it copies in all regards. That means color and threshold as well. So if you copy a troop from a shard you aren't playing, then recasting the troop becomes impossible if it gets bounced back to your hand.

FellintoOblivion
10-17-2013, 11:19 AM
The way Mimic currently works it seems to not copy buffs but copies de-buffs of the targeted creature.

Seems like it should be all or nothing.

Aradon
10-17-2013, 11:25 AM
Mimic is currently bugged. The created creature often fails to copy abilities triggered on enters-play or static abilities.