PDA

View Full Version : server stability?

Grumph
10-17-2013, 01:04 PM
How is the server stability with the new patch? Im at work and unable to watch twitch, wondering if it was a success or not.

Gwaer
10-17-2013, 01:05 PM
Seems amazing so far. But it's usually very snappy after a reset. Time will tell.

blakegrandon
10-17-2013, 11:02 PM
It's been alright, nothing stellar, I really was expecting much better performance.

I only got about 100 shin'hare on the board before my opponent froze playing on his tablet...

>.<

http://i.imgur.com/fr3LkdM.jpg

Hexmage
10-18-2013, 06:27 AM
Gheesh those get tiny....

They should probably fix that. Because this most likely is a viable gamestate especially, against low level AI.

Mahes
10-18-2013, 07:02 AM
It's been alright, nothing stellar, I really was expecting much better performance.

I only got about 100 shin'hare on the board before my opponent froze playing on his tablet...

>.<

http://i.imgur.com/fr3LkdM.jpg

Clearly duplicate cards should just use a number instead of constantly repeating the card. I am surprised they allowed that.

Tinuvas
10-18-2013, 07:15 AM
Clearly duplicate cards should just use a number instead of constantly repeating the card. I am surprised they allowed that.
But they're not just a number. You have cards with alternate art, full art, foily, cards that have been modified by other cards, cards that are exhausted. Just having A card with A number on it can't express the full capabilities of this game. Part of the selling point of this game is the unique quality of each card.

Even if you just take in game manufactured cards (such as battle hopper) you still have some that are blood based and some that are wild based (depending on the effect that made them). You also still have cards with different states (exhausted, modified in some way etc.).

I wouldn't mind seeing the capacity to 'pile' cards near or on top of each other to some degree, though I might need control of my opponents card placement (at least on my screen) to make it happen.

Hexmage
10-18-2013, 07:17 AM
Its because all those cards can be different from each other and if you don't want all of them to attack how would you decide that?

Vengus
10-18-2013, 08:25 AM
I don't really see a viable solution for this clutter unless we all played on 1000 inch monitors. XD

Marsden
10-18-2013, 08:34 AM
I don't really see a viable solution for this clutter unless we all played on 1000 inch monitors. XD

It'll get better once proper high resolution support comes in and the graphics are made more legible.

Rhuidan
10-18-2013, 08:36 AM
Gheesh those get tiny....

They should probably fix that. Because this most likely is a viable gamestate especially, against low level AI.

They have stated that they will look into this and most likely add some feature into the game later. The important information from this post is that users can still "freeze" the client by using the cards available. This is all good information for CZE. Polishing gameplay like tokens will be for beta.

beepharoni
10-18-2013, 11:48 AM
They just need to add a 2nd line of troops to solve that issue. if you have 2 lines of troops, one on top of the other, while the size of the cards is still smaller in comparison to say having 2-4 cards out. You can still have a general idea of what's going on.

Also: Servers have been greatly improved since that patch. I've only had ONE game end due to a priority phase hang up, and it was because I played 2x Cerebral Fulmination, which apparently is still a bug that causes a fatal error in the priority phase pass.

The true test will be tonight's stress test!

SomeoneRandom
10-18-2013, 11:56 AM
But they're not just a number. You have cards with alternate art, full art, foily, cards that have been modified by other cards, cards that are exhausted. Just having A card with A number on it can't express the full capabilities of this game. Part of the selling point of this game is the unique quality of each card.

Even if you just take in game manufactured cards (such as battle hopper) you still have some that are blood based and some that are wild based (depending on the effect that made them). You also still have cards with different states (exhausted, modified in some way etc.).

I wouldn't mind seeing the capacity to 'pile' cards near or on top of each other to some degree, though I might need control of my opponents card placement (at least on my screen) to make it happen.

I think the stacking would come into play for "tokens" even though they are full cards. You don't need 100 individual battle hoppers unless they have been modified by something, you can easily split them into exhausted and ready.

Lochar
10-18-2013, 12:08 PM
I think the stacking would come into play for "tokens" even though they are full cards. You don't need 100 individual battle hoppers unless they have been modified by something, you can easily split them into exhausted and ready.

Or at worst, stacks depending on how many times they've been hit with things like spirit dance.

Arkaal
10-18-2013, 12:32 PM
They could have stacks of troops that zoom in when you mouse over them, so you can interact with the individual troops (for attacking/targeting/etc).

Just because it's a stack doesn't mean you can't find some way to deal with them on an individual level. (might also be nice to have some sort of multi-select option for attacking with 100+ shin'hare)

blakegrandon
10-21-2013, 06:35 AM
They just need to add a 2nd line of troops to solve that issue. if you have 2 lines of troops, one on top of the other, while the size of the cards is still smaller in comparison to say having 2-4 cards out. You can still have a general idea of what's going on.

Also: Servers have been greatly improved since that patch. I've only had ONE game end due to a priority phase hang up, and it was because I played 2x Cerebral Fulmination, which apparently is still a bug that causes a fatal error in the priority phase pass.

The true test will be tonight's stress test!

I wish overflow would go into the artifact/constant space if you're not using artifacts/constants. It wouldn't be too difficult to stack multiple rows of cards and then click on the bottom of each card you want to select.

What's interesting is I've been playing against the AI and fulmination works fine, I've had tons of games with 2-4 fulminations against the AI without any issues.

I kind of want to see how extinction handles massive amounts of creatures, I wonder if it'll bug up due to the sheer # of creatures being played. Chronic madness seems to handle a deck alright although they could speed it up when it's milling 50+ cards...