PDA

View Full Version : Call to Arms - AI Server Stress Test: CANCELLED

Shaqattaq
10-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Edit: This event has been cancelled. We will provide a new date, time early next week.

HEXers! We need your help in a mighty battle against... our AI server. IT'S MUCH SCARIER AND TOUGHER THAN YOU'D THINK!

For those of you in the alpha, we need to stress test the AI server. Please log into the game on Friday, 10/17 (that's tomorrow) and play games against the computer (AI games) from 5 to 5:30 pacific (that's Los Angeles (http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_US-CA.aspx?city=Los_Angeles) time). We'll have engineers monitoring the server, client and generating reports. We need your numbers to really put some heat on this silicon scourge, so please participate if you can. Thank you!

Mejis
10-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Does this include tiers not already invited into the alpha?? ;)
I would be more than happy to stress test for you, but I am a lowly Slacker Backer who unfortunately missed the Kickstarter.

lamaros
10-17-2013, 06:09 PM
Only minor useful, but for those in Australia (all handful of us):

That's 11am AEDT (Sydney, Melbourne, yadda) on Saturday the 19th.

Sidewinder
10-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Is it possible to get a fix for those of us with empty alpha collections? I'd love to battle the insidious server!

hammer
10-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Meh doesn't sound likely any 250$ tiers get in for the weekend. Hope the test goes well and can allow more invites soon.

Errantsquire
10-17-2013, 08:08 PM
I'll be there and I hope to be streaming as well.

ArcaneWeapon
10-17-2013, 08:14 PM
Mission Accepted!

Shaqattaq
10-17-2013, 08:29 PM
I wouldn't recommend streaming this content. The entire point of it is to stress the server and possibly crash it. Doesn't make for good TV.

Gridian
10-17-2013, 08:44 PM
I wouldn't recommend streaming this content. The entire point of it is to stress the server and possibly crash it. Doesn't make for good TV.

Depends on the point of view... "Good TV" is rarely peace and happyness, if you look around what is running on TV around the world. Thus, the server crashing and whincing would make "good TV" indeed :p

That being said, I wholeheartedly wish us all that the server will rise and shine! :D

mudkip
10-17-2013, 08:58 PM
Actually, now that you mentioned there might be a crash I'll tune in!

It's like watching an air show or a car race.

renword
10-17-2013, 11:16 PM
I will gladly let my boss know I need to fire up a game of Hex at work. ;) (Seriously :D)

Skirovik
10-18-2013, 12:01 AM
11am-11:30am Saturday 19th AEDT you say? Shouldn't be too hard to jump on and give it a crack. :D

Shadowelf
10-18-2013, 12:34 AM
Well i never contributed towards crashing a server before; challenge accepted :)

Kardh
10-18-2013, 01:21 AM
I don't think I'll be able to join at that time, but I think the AI "dislikes" trying to figure out if it should attack or not when there's a lot of troops out, so I'd try to play decks that populate the board a whole lot and try to make the games last long.

joseph5185
10-18-2013, 02:19 AM
Sounds great..

I'll be in and hopefully the server survives!

=)

dhogoth
10-18-2013, 03:28 AM
You have my sword!

Chiany
10-18-2013, 03:31 AM
I really want to help out, but once again login is impossible.
reopened a earlier ticket about this, hope it gets fixed so I can still join the stresstest.

Shadowelf
10-18-2013, 03:46 AM
I really want to help out, but once again login is impossible.
reopened a earlier ticket about this, hope it gets fixed so I can still join the stresstest.

I'm posting from work atm, so i can' t login and verify, but have you tried any of those (unless of course it is a server issue and has nothing to do with the patch)?

New Known Issues
• Users may have to log out and log back in again the first time connecting to the update.
• If the patch downloads each time you start the client please click the ‘Repair Install’ button after completing the patch.
• Game Victory/Defeat screen has a big purple circle

Edit; i'm loging in just fine

Chiany
10-18-2013, 04:40 AM
I'm posting from work atm, so i can' t login and verify, but have you tried any of those (unless of course it is a server issue and has nothing to do with the patch)?

Edit; i'm loging in just fine

After the patch I got in with no problem, this morning however I keep getting Game Login Failed.
Even when I copy/paste the info, still same message pops up.

also tries repairen, no success.

true
10-18-2013, 06:18 AM
Does this include tiers not already invited into the alpha?? ;)
I would be more than happy to stress test for you, but I am a lowly Slacker Backer who unfortunately missed the Kickstarter.

Hey i am a $250 backer and i am not in yet. They are taking it slow. very very painfully slow.

Soldack
10-18-2013, 07:20 AM
If anyone in the alpha can't play at that time, feel free to PM and I will log in and help the cause on your behalf. :)

Soldack
10-18-2013, 07:22 AM
Hey i am a $250 backer and i am not in yet. They are taking it slow. very very painfully slow.

Im only a slacker backer so a couple of months longer for me. But I remember so many $250 people telling us SB in haughty tones, "you may have to wait a few days to get into Alpha" as they expected to be in in a day or two at most...

Torchedqwe
10-18-2013, 08:03 AM

Yea everyday I check the forums and updates an wish maybe today maybe...

origosis
10-18-2013, 08:09 AM
And I will stress the twitch server, by watching 5 streams at once.

*sniff*

Raslan
10-18-2013, 08:24 AM
Guys,

surely the stress-test should wait for there be sufficient load, you need to be checking

- Bottle-Necks in traffic
- Redundancy in in case of fail-over.

Doing a stress test with 3000 users is not going to be sufficient, please can you, really want you guys to succeed, so please do not place to much value in to this stress test

Hexmage
10-18-2013, 08:31 AM
I think that the main thing they want to test is: Will the AI die when we add the next wave?

My reason for thinking this is the case is that, if they invite more people the AI will be used more at the same time. If it can survive a coordinated stress test from a lot of the current testers, it could probably handle the next wave as well.

Rhuidan
10-18-2013, 08:33 AM
Guys,

surely the stress-test should wait for there be sufficient load, you need to be checking

- Bottle-Necks in traffic
- Redundancy in in case of fail-over.

Doing a stress test with 3000 users is not going to be sufficient, please can you, really want you guys to succeed, so please do not place to much value in to this stress test

If they can handle 80% of the current number of alpha testers,800~, this will most likely be a green light for more invites, 250$ tier. If after that the servers still do ok, more and more will be invited. Hope for this test to do well!

Jacklau89
10-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Got to wake up early to join the stress test but I will be there!:)

Showsni
10-18-2013, 09:10 AM
That's, what, 1am Saturday morning UK time? I guess I can stay up late.

Ashal
10-18-2013, 10:32 AM
I hate these time zone thingies :)

But i think its 3am Saturday here in Finland?

FenMiHuo
10-18-2013, 10:36 AM
If they can handle 80% of the current number of alpha testers,800~, this will most likely be a green light for more invites, 250$ tier. If after that the servers still do ok, more and more will be invited. Hope for this test to do well!

I think people should really stop assuming "if they do this they will let in a new wave" or such things. I'm now of the opinion that until they tell us what the criteria is for allowing in a new wave, it wont be happening. Assumptions do no one any good

Chiany
10-18-2013, 10:40 AM
I hate these time zone thingies :)

But i think its 3am Saturday here in Finland?

Probably, its 2 am here in the netherlands.

TheBokononist
10-18-2013, 10:43 AM
You have my sword!
....and you have my bow...

Rhuidan
10-18-2013, 10:58 AM
I think people should really stop assuming "if they do this they will let in a new wave" or such things. I'm now of the opinion that until they tell us what the criteria is for allowing in a new wave, it wont be happening. Assumptions do no one any good

While I agree you make a good point, one can still hope that the test goes well. Regardless of invites or not, if the servers allow players to finish games and not freeze, it will give us something to watch on twitch = D. That aside, there can only be so many reasons to stress test after the stability patch. CZE has stated in a locked thread in the general forums that at any point the servers allow for a next wave of invites they will do that. A stress test is a good indication of possibility.

Shaqattaq
10-18-2013, 11:01 AM
You have my sword!

The best reply in the thread =)

persath
10-18-2013, 11:48 AM
You should realy consider using event time announcer for this kind of event ;)

Stress Test Time (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20131018T17&p1=137&am=30)

Sidewinder
10-18-2013, 12:12 PM
Shaq, has there been any progress on people who don't have cards in their alpha account? I'll wait until release if I have to, but I'm champing at the bit to alpha test!

Shaqattaq
10-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Shaq, has there been any progress on people who don't have cards in their alpha account? I'll wait until release if I have to, but I'm champing at the bit to alpha test!

We've been discussing that problem over the last couple of days. We with certainty know what happened, but it's in debate what is the best way to fix the problem out of the proposed solutions. My plan is to hit up the engineers today when they have a moment to make a final decision on how to deal with that particular issue. Our apologies that we've been a bit slow in solving that problem.

TheBokononist
10-18-2013, 12:16 PM
Delete this post, Shaq answered Sidewinder's question before I did.

Sidewinder
10-18-2013, 12:25 PM
No prob! I'm trying not to act like a six year old on Christmas eve, but it's tough. :-) Thanks for the response.

Deckofmanythings
10-18-2013, 01:59 PM
Is the server going to let us log-in for the 5pm test? Still not completing the log-in process here.

Gwaer
10-18-2013, 02:02 PM
still have 3 hours to get it straightened out.

syphonhail
10-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Stress test canceled :(
https://twitter.com/HexTCG/status/391320882976530432

Shaqattaq
10-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Hey all. We're going to cancel the 5 PM alpha stress test. We will give a new date, time early next week. Thanks for attempting to help out.

ShaolinRaven
10-18-2013, 02:55 PM
So the server stressed out about its test today and called in sick? Next time don't let the server know, it should be a server pop quiz.

Lochar
10-18-2013, 02:57 PM
A pop quiz, on a Friday?

Do you want to have the server stressing all weekend about the results?

Shaqattaq
10-18-2013, 02:58 PM
There have been many commiserating jokes made today about "stress test" in the office =)

Gwaer
10-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Everyone that hasn't had a heart attack or mental breakdown in the CZE engineering staff passed todays stress test, congrats!

Storm_Fireblade
10-18-2013, 03:10 PM
I really hope cancelling the stress test won't delay the second invite batch too much. By now I regret having pledged 3 Pro Player Tiers instead of one GK and one Pro. This regret will fade away instantly as soon as the invite is there and as a pvp-oriented player even more in the long run, but it is so hard to live with the waiting period, if you feel like a little child in anticipation of christmas :)

Vengus
10-18-2013, 03:41 PM
HEXers! We need your help in a mighty battle against... our AI server. IT'S MUCH SCARIER AND TOUGHER THAN YOU'D THINK!

Hey all. We're going to cancel the 5 PM alpha stress test. We will give a new date, time early next week. Thanks for attempting to help out.
Looks like you lost the fight. Should have used Kyle to fight the AI, atleast he's a professional bear wrestler. :p

BossHoss
10-18-2013, 04:05 PM
You have my sword!

My sword just went limp...

RCDv57
10-18-2013, 04:36 PM
I guess i'll just pen in my all day Hex spree for late 2015 then.

joseph5185
10-21-2013, 02:32 AM
I was surprised to learn this just now as I haven't been involved in HEX as much as I thought I would.

In fact, I haven't actually played since last Sunday. I'm sure many of you are sad by this as you are not in yet, but I've just been addressing other things/life lol..

I look forward to participating in the new stress test once it's announced and hopefully the next tier will get in soon.. =)