PDA

View Full Version : Lost Keep Name

Lennier
10-18-2013, 05:49 PM
I logged in after the patch today and found I had to reassign a keep name, and my keep name no longer works. Are we going to be able to get our original keep name back? I was so excited to get in early enough to get the name, and now it looks like I've lost it to someone else.

Shaqattaq
10-18-2013, 05:52 PM
Hi Lennier. You haven't lost your keep name. We're in a new, temporary environment while we solve a hardware problem with one of our servers. You'll have everything back Monday or Tuesday. You can read up on it here: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27943&page=3

Lennier
10-18-2013, 05:58 PM
Thank you so much for the quick reply! I hadn't read today's alpha notes yet, now I see it's not a big deal.

Engineers were able to pin the problem to a hardware failure. We've staged an entirely new environment on new hardware, so you can once again log-in, but your keep name and custom decks are in the old environment. Fret not, your keep name and custom decks will return on Monday or Tuesday

jetah
10-18-2013, 06:58 PM
Shaqattaq

you could have just said some hamsters were found dead in their server cage and have to be replaced.
Well I guess you really couldn't say that.. but it would have been funnier...

Chiany
10-18-2013, 07:17 PM
Hi Lennier. You haven't lost your keep name. We're in a new, temporary environment while we solve a hardware problem with one of our servers. You'll have everything back Monday or Tuesday. You can read up on it here: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27943&page=3

What happens if we choose a keepname that probably was taken in the Old enviroment, but was free in this new one?
Because I now have chosen one that probably was taken (not sure though)?

Aksell
10-18-2013, 08:41 PM
I had thought that in Alpha these sorts of things were just the way of it. I'm guessing we'll see more like this just because it's not yet finished. I'd recommend not getting too attached to ANYTHING right now, it'll all get wiped before Beta and then again (ish) before open beta (or whenever the KS rewards are doled out). CZE should be spending as much time as possible on working through the program's issues, though I'll admit it's a great way to test their hardware recovery strategy (in the event of a failure). So great job in keeping our "old" logins (hopefully), though I won't be sad if y'all can't get it back.