PDA

View Full Version : Pass Priority To Everything on the Chain/Stack

ExperThies
10-18-2013, 09:28 PM
I am finding that passing priority when multiple effects trigger is really annoying. This is especially true when they are all my effects and I have no intention of responding to any of them. It would be nice if there was a way to pass priority to everything on the chain/stack with one click. However, it would still ask for priority if something new is added to the chain/stack. If there already is a way, please let me know.

Thanks

Shaqattaq
10-18-2013, 10:17 PM
Agreed =)

Torchedqwe
10-19-2013, 11:38 AM
Agreed =)

I have a suggestion for spell stacks but wont necessarily work for phase changes. Make it auto pass.... unless the opposing player presses space. Give like a 3 sec chance for space to be triggered then it pauses the game for the player to play his response.

It would make the game more engaging whilst playing, ie you have to stay awake and also should make it seem smoother... I think

Drake6k
10-19-2013, 01:55 PM
It would be nice if you could hit "end turn" and it would pass all priority unless something new was added to the stack.

Torchedqwe
10-19-2013, 02:32 PM
It would be nice if you could hit "end turn" and it would pass all priority unless something new was added to the stack.

That would be cool, cause right now from the streams it seems very staggered the playing, hate to do it but compared to hearthstone where there isn't this constant stop and go I think would make the game feel smoother and also be more interactive

Shadowelf
10-19-2013, 03:27 PM
They said at the pre Alpha launch stream that there will be 'a pass all priority' option. Unfortunately that stream is lost so i can't link this info

Torchedqwe
10-19-2013, 04:14 PM
They said at the pre Alpha launch stream that there will be 'a pass all priority' option. Unfortunately that stream is lost so i can't link this info

Yea but that gives an issue if you actually do want to add something to the stack, if you had some kind of interrupt button that then allows you to play that would get around it

kormai
10-20-2013, 02:20 AM
I would prefer a switch from pass to spacebar to interupt and cast also
It would ease up the play (magic 2014 on steam did this and it plays nicely

Mr.Funsocks
10-20-2013, 04:54 PM
I would prefer a switch from pass to spacebar to interupt and cast also
It would ease up the play (magic 2014 on steam did this and it plays nicely

I think you mean "it becomes infuriating when you don't realize in time that you had something you wanted to cast".

Timed passes are just... bad in games like this.

Eierdotter
10-21-2013, 01:47 AM
What about two seperate duelmodes
- one where the 30min timer is ticking and waits until you pass priority.
- one where you have a timeframe to press "space/use priority" if you want to respond to the current stack and a shorter timer like 15min.

so if you create a game you select which gamemode you wanna play, the 2.nd one is a faster one for more experienced players, that allows for faster games.

For the general pass priority

Priority window where it is with the "Space" hotkey, but to pass a whole phase a window in the middle of the screen, where the phases are shown, maybe make the seperate phases clickable. (For example you play a creature in MP1 and you click the end turn-symbol, opponent gets prioritys for end MP1, end CP, end MP2, end of turn, that he has to pass until his turn starts.

A 2.nd Hotkey to pass current stack would be so amazing, seeing 2 righteous paladin and 4 adamanthian scrivener spamming their abilities after a troop got summoned is just horrible to pass prioritys, maybe make a little box in the top right corner that you can mouseover and then shows how the stage of the game would look if the whole stack resolves. (in this example: your life will be highlighted and show a +8 and the paladins are highlighted too with +4/+4. So if you are not that experienced to know how this stack affects the board you can check if the paladins are still in ruby lance range or whatever.)

Another idea: pass the priority of seperate cards, by clicking them in the stack window

Toggleable option only in PVE: If you could play a ability at the end of a turn, but you pass priority it asks you if you are shure and highlights the cards you could use currently.
For example you have 0/7 resources left, but you have a Hex Engine and a Surge Mechanism. The system highlights both cards and asks you if you are shure to pass priority and end the turn. (at the end of your turn and at the end of enemys turn)

cheers Eierdotter

lite
10-21-2013, 03:07 AM
I would get a "pass priority" strip prefer.
Where you can click with the mouse exactly to the phase up to the you want.
additionally with definable keys (F1 -> F7 or 1 -> 7 or a-> j)

lite

Llauorn
10-21-2013, 03:45 AM
Just add a feature to right click on a card and choose a yield to all effects option to the abilities of that card.