PDA

View Full Version : UI suggestion

Jarric
10-18-2013, 11:59 PM
So after playing this game for a week now I have had a thought.

It is quite frustrating when you are spamming space bar to skip past all the priority prompts, only to realize you have spammed right past a main phase into your attack phase. Or past a Second main to end turn. I am sure I am not alone in doing this. (slow down pay attention etc., yes but people who play these types of games usually do so while multi-tasking.)

To help with this I was thinking that the Priority prompt could change to the words "END PHASE" when there is nothing on the stack that is causing a priority issue. You could also change the color of the pass priority box to a red or a Green.

Just a thought to help improve fluidity of gameplay.

The issue comes from I see pass priority I hit it thinking I am clearing the stack. there wasn't anything on the stack. So I skip my phase. oops. sure the stack window on the side "should" tell me that. But if you have been reading forums then you know there was priority issues in which the only way to advance was to spam space bar. Sometimes latency gets in the way and it fast forwards you etc. Lots of reason I can give. Point still remains it would be a nice "feature" for clarification purposes. User Friendlier options if you will.

Lefto
10-19-2013, 07:55 AM
+1
They way "Duels of the Planeswalkers" handles different phases, with a built-in timer and all, seems like a good place to start imo