PDA

View Full Version : Keep name

BigDog
10-19-2013, 12:22 AM
So i didn't read the update and got really excited to be able to change my keep name....is there a process or an email that will allow me to change my keep name? I know this is super low priority but i'm hoping that since the account appears to be tied to my email rather than my keep name that this is something i could accomplish.

Jarric
10-19-2013, 12:34 AM
my understanding is that since there is a bug allowing you to put spaces in the names, and they didn't want that, That there will be a chance to change you name once they fix that bug. Think carefully though cause I feel there is gonna only be one chance for this.

jetah
10-19-2013, 04:05 AM
There is a hardware problem in the server so this "instance" of the alpha will not be saved. See the sticky for more details, as I'm on my mobile.

Shadowelf
10-19-2013, 04:34 AM
Keep name reset that was a result of recent update will be temporary

10/18 - 5:14 PM

Engineers were able to pin the problem to a hardware failure. We've staged an entirely new environment on new hardware, so you can once again log-in, but your keep name and custom decks are in the old environment. Fret not, your keep name and custom decks will return on Monday or Tuesday. Our engineers will be monitoring the new environment and may take the server down for 5-10 minutes this evening for resource allocation. Otherwise, you are welcome to log-in and play.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27943&page=3

We may be given a chance to change our keep names in the future

Alpha is for fixing bugs, getting some information on how users interact with our client. I want to use some of this time in order to evaluate the naming convention. Whether it changes or stays the same, I see us giving players a window to change their names sometime during the beta.

BigDog
10-19-2013, 07:36 AM
I was aware that the current build was temp. I was unaware that the possibility of keep name change was being considered. Thank you SE, another link to the rescue

darkwonders
10-19-2013, 08:46 AM
Everything is going to be wiped when we hit beta anyways, so it doesn't really matter what your keep name is right now.

Jinxies
10-19-2013, 09:02 AM
Keep names wont get wiped.

darkwonders
10-19-2013, 10:00 AM
Keep names wont get wiped.

I'm pretty sure everything will be wiped, since people with multiple pledges can give their accounts to other players during alpha.

Chiany
10-19-2013, 10:09 AM
I'm pretty sure everything will be wiped, since people with multiple pledges can give their accounts to other players during alpha.

Everything but Keepnames will be wiped, this has been stated several times by Crypto!!

Shadowelf
10-19-2013, 10:36 AM
What Jinxies and Chiany said;

Despite the fact that we may be given a chance to change our names

Alpha is for fixing bugs, getting some information on how users interact with our client. I want to use some of this time in order to evaluate the naming convention. Whether it changes or stays the same, I see us giving players a window to change their names sometime during the beta.

i don't think there will be a name wipe. Reasons ?

Once we get close to Alpha launch, we'll let you know what's coming in an update both here and on the HEX website. You'll then receive an email via the email address we have on record with information directing you on how to register for your HEX account to reserve your character name,

update #31 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/503369#comments

Yes you will be registering names as you enter the Alpha, we are figuring out how to order entry of Alpha backers (and if its even feasible to use the Kickstarter data as a metric, such as level of pledge)

And also ;

What is a Keep? Most importantly, it is your primary identity within the game. Your Keep name will be completely unique. Your entire card and equipment collection will be bound to your Keep, as well as your identity within your guild and friends list. So, it would be a good idea to put some thought into your Keep name before you create your HEX account for the first time.

update #48 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/611776#comments

For those with multiple pledges, what will most probably be happening, is that you will get to choose the account with the keep name you like, then enter all you reward codes in there to merge

If I have 2 pledges, can I get a friend to use the second to play alpha, and then still merge them come alpha?

Yeah, that's the plan

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27721