PDA

View Full Version : tap effects...

chansen005
10-20-2013, 01:02 PM
I dunnow if this has been brought up yet or not, but the roostasaurs tap effects and the blue storm card that says tap X creatures for X. Somewhere down the road, can you select all the creatures and THEN the effect happends, in stead of clicking on the rooster, tap creature select creature, wait for it to tap, repeat process as many times as needed. Huge pain in the Butt.

copulat0r
10-20-2013, 03:10 PM
what does tap mean?

Maphalux
10-20-2013, 03:33 PM
Same thing as exhaust. Or, to put it another way, turn the card sideways.

chansen005
10-20-2013, 03:35 PM
tap = exhaust, sorry my magic terminology is strong.
But basically, what im saying is, save me a bunch of hassle and basically make the effects of succulent roostasaur, or any multi target spell/effect happen in 1 swoop, much like declaring your attackers

chansen005
10-20-2013, 11:05 PM
Hey guys, after watching some of the streamers play alpha i have a request to cryptozic somewhere down the line.

The succulent Roostasaur and the Blue spell StormCall, pay X, exhaust X troops. Every time you want to use it, you need to repeat the whole process of clicking on a card and clicking exhaust, in the roosters cast you need to select the rooster, select to exhaust a troop, select a troop, wait for it to resolve, and then do this as many times as needed.

I dont think it would be too hard to just select as many troops as you want for the effect much like declaring your attackers.

Ideas?

funktion
10-20-2013, 11:57 PM
Better yet, it would be nice to be able to click-drag to select things. Not only for what you mention but even just for attackers etc. You could still de-select things after the fact before confirming.

Edit: Just realized you double posted this in multiple forums, you might wanna avoid doing so. I'm pretty sure that's against the forum code of conduct.

Eierdotter
10-21-2013, 02:39 AM
there is a little problem with the roosta and tapping/exhausting all troops.

lets say you attack with the roosta and tap all your troops at once to buff him up.
enemy responds by burning him before all the buffs happen.
now you can respond by saccing your roosta and gaining 1 life.

stack resolves

you gain 1 life and all your troops are tapped/exhausted
enemy lost 1 mana and has a burn in graveyard

if you use the effect seperately it is safer...

chansen005
10-21-2013, 12:27 PM
it wouldnt be like that, u doing the action would select all minions to be exhausted, and they would go 1 by 1 where your opponent had to pass priority each time, would still be a major convenience issue. im not saying it all acts at the same time, im saying i dont have to go through the whole process 20 times

houjix
10-21-2013, 12:32 PM
What Eierdotter is saying is there is a strategic reason to do it the way he said to. If you do all activations at once, they can just burn it in response and you are out of luck. If you do it one at a time and let each fully resolve, the opponent's burn becomes much weaker as you can just respond to the burn with additional activations assuming you still have troops to exhaust.

SomeoneRandom
10-22-2013, 04:52 AM
I agree that you should be doing it one at a time to avoid removal spells. However, I don't see a problem adding this since the people that want to avoid removal would do it 1-2 at a time and others would do it all at once. Also when opponents are tapped out you would want to do it all at once. Seems like a fine request.

it wouldnt be like that, u doing the action would select all minions to be exhausted, and they would go 1 by 1 where your opponent had to pass priority each time, would still be a major convenience issue. im not saying it all acts at the same time, im saying i dont have to go through the whole process 20 times

However, don't do that.... if you allow a multi-select put it all on the stack at once.

Leingod
10-22-2013, 11:12 AM
Should definitely be able to multi-stack effects like that as an option along with the 1 by 1 method.