PDA

View Full Version : Where to go to promote Hex?

Soldack
10-21-2013, 06:11 AM
Are there gaming media sites that Hex fans can post on to promote Hex?

What are some of the best ones to talk about how much we like Hex?

Kami
10-21-2013, 06:14 AM
You have an entire subforum dedicated to what you're looking for here: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109

As to which are best, that's really subjective and up to your own opinion.

Soldack
10-21-2013, 06:19 AM
I wasn't clear.

I am asking what media sites we should go to to promote Hex. Like I go to massively a lot, but not sure they cover much TCGs.

What media sites would Hex like to be covered in?

Soldack
10-21-2013, 06:21 AM
Like some websites even has a "News" section where media mentions of Hex would be tracked. Something like that would be great.

jetah
10-21-2013, 06:21 AM
all of them. just start a new thread or something and start boasting away. as long as it is truthful it shouldn't be a problem.

WhiteBubbles7
10-21-2013, 07:28 AM
If you are talking about a way to get the latest updates I go to their Kickstarter page and Twitter. If you are talking about a place to get people to play Hex then go to....
all of them. just start a new thread or something and start boasting away. as long as it is truthful it shouldn't be a problem.

Shadowelf
10-21-2013, 08:31 AM
Yeap everywhere would have been my proposal too; other game's forums, twitter, you can even start a group at facebook for hex fans. I became aware of hex, and finally backed it, when somebody posted about it at Duels of champion's forums. Mouth to mouth advertisment is also good; already persuaded two of my friends to back hex

Jbizzi
10-21-2013, 12:34 PM
To the streets man!

Hemotherapy
10-21-2013, 02:07 PM
2 words.

Sky writing.

Thank about it.

really doe it sounds like all the bases have been hit "everywhere" is really what you'd do, TCG fansites, twitter and FB. Other forums with similar nature for TCg's.

Heck dare I say Tumblr Instagram and Pintrest!

Edit: Shadowelf I'm surprised you didn't link Shaqattaq's "Door to door" post about how they plan on selling Hex.

Soldack
10-21-2013, 02:22 PM
Best I could find was this:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/10/18/betawatch-october-12-18-2013/

mentions HEX so drop a good comment in the comments below it please

Nicalapegus
10-22-2013, 12:35 AM
Let's worry about media coverage of Hex when the game A. runs well B. can be accessed by more than 5% of the Kickstarter population, and C. Pve has released.

Soldack
10-22-2013, 05:48 AM
Let's worry about media coverage of Hex when the game A. runs well B. can be accessed by more than 5% of the Kickstarter population, and C. Pve has released.

I enjoy watching many of the great streamers such as errantsquire, shaggy and infamousneo. If I hadn't heard about Hex yet I would be appreciative to discover it even now.

Prism
10-22-2013, 06:41 AM

This. Anyone who doesn't know about this game that comes and sees it in its current state will just be off put.

Soldack
10-22-2013, 06:50 AM
This. Anyone who doesn't know about this game that comes and sees it in its current state will just be off put.

NO NO NO
Reading the KS page, reviewing this website, watching the youtube videos, watching the alpha streamers....HEX LOOKS AMAZING!

Don't stop spreading the word. Please.

jetah
10-22-2013, 04:35 PM

I don't know, Hearthstone seems quite popular and only about 5% of the population has access it to. I'll give you that the client seems to be release ready, however, Blizzard stats it isn't.

Nicalapegus
10-22-2013, 08:27 PM
I don't know, Hearthstone seems quite popular and only about 5% of the population has access it to. I'll give you that the client seems to be release ready, however, Blizzard stats it isn't.

Hearthstone is beyond the point of 5% of the population having access to it. There are ~1k players who have access to the Alpha right now. Of the ~20k Kickstarter Backers. That was my point. The game isn't ready to be popular quite yet-it's still in pre Alpha.

Soldack
10-23-2013, 02:57 AM
The game isn't ready to be popular quite yet-it's still in pre Alpha.

Hex is in alpha not pre-alpha. And is in great shape for where it is in the development process. We needs to be telling people about it!

jetah
10-23-2013, 06:16 AM
Hearthstone is beyond the point of 5% of the population having access to it. There are ~1k players who have access to the Alpha right now. Of the ~20k Kickstarter Backers. That was my point. The game isn't ready to be popular quite yet-it's still in pre Alpha.

5% of world population is what i was referring to.

Jbizzi
10-23-2013, 07:40 AM
5% of world population is what i was referring to.

So we need to wait for 350 million people to have access?

jetah
10-23-2013, 07:02 PM
So we need to wait for 350 million people to have access?

of course -.-

Nicalapegus
10-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Hex is in alpha not pre-alpha. And is in great shape for where it is in the development process. We needs to be telling people about it!

I call it pre-Alpha because only ~5% have access to it.

Shadowelf
10-23-2013, 09:23 PM
I call it pre-Alpha because only ~5% have access to it.

It would have been more accurate to call it closed/open Alpha; closed till everybody gets in and open the stage after this, where they will start rolling out additional features. ;)

Soldack
10-24-2013, 03:24 AM
It would have been more accurate to call it closed/open Alpha; closed till everybody gets in and open the stage after this, where they will start rolling out additional features. ;)

In my mind, it will always be a closed alpha. Even when all the backers are in. "Open" refers to anyone being able to sign up and be a tester without restriction. Paying to be a backer is a restriction. But I think I am parsing words for no reason. sorry.

What we do agree on is that it is alpha, not "pre-alpha"