PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to restore missing cards?

kevalvaine
10-21-2013, 06:50 AM
I've created two decks of my own (Wild/Sapphire and Wild/Ruby) and then deleted all four preconstructed decks. Now when I log in I'm missing some of the cards in collection. Sometimes it's just 1 card left out of four, sometimes it's all gone. It seems that missing cards are those that were in preconstructed decks.

Is there any way to restore collection to default 4x everything?

Shadowelf
10-21-2013, 10:36 AM
Have you tried repairing ?

Edit: Some users are experiencing the wrong number of cards or that some cards are missing. "Repair Install" seems to be solving that problem.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27943&page=3

Chiany
10-21-2013, 11:15 AM
Repairing is very situational for me at least, on average I have to repair 10+ times after booting the pc, to have almost all cards 4 of.
Hope they solve this soon, otherwise I might have to leave the computer running 24/7

kevalvaine
10-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Repairing doesn't work for me - I've repaired the game countless times now and i'm still missing cards from the preconstructed decks I've deleted. After rollback I do have dwarf preconstructed deck but I'm missing the others.

sukebe
10-21-2013, 03:20 PM
I too am missing a lot of cards. I have repaired at least 20x now and have not yet reached 4 of every card. This is making testing the game fairly difficult as my decks keep losing cards in them.

Sidewinder
10-21-2013, 04:18 PM
I think it is a different problem for some of us than the problem Shadowelf linked. I didn't have cards initially, did for (a glorious) three days on the new hardware, and now don't again. I think it's account based, but I'm not sure how that is interacting with the old hardware to make this work as it's working. I'm not super knowledgeable about servers, I just know I had cards on the new server, and don't on the old!

WhytePanther
10-21-2013, 04:30 PM
I did a repair, which did not work, but decided to load my deck in a vs AI game, not having saved it in the editor while showing missing a few cards, and the deck did load and the cards I did not see in the editor were a part of it. Maybe some more repairs will be needed to fix it all the way, but for now, if you just want to play the deck, you should be able to as long as you don't want to edit it.

Erde
10-21-2013, 07:38 PM
I did a repair, which did not work, but decided to load my deck in a vs AI game, not having saved it in the editor while showing missing a few cards, and the deck did load and the cards I did not see in the editor were a part of it. Maybe some more repairs will be needed to fix it all the way, but for now, if you just want to play the deck, you should be able to as long as you don't want to edit it.

I had to repair like over 20 times to get all the files to download. It's easy to miss how many files the client downloads after the files have been scanned since they are very small ones and they go by fast. It was super annoying.

Aksell
10-22-2013, 03:10 AM
Reading the above threads I'd thought I'd try something of my own. I deleted ALL of my decks. Then I created a new deck that consisted of incomplete card sets, that is, those cards that had 3 or less. I saved it as my only deck and logged out.

Then I performed repair 11 times and finally logged back in again.

The situation has worsened considerably. None of the cards in the "missing" deck were returned to the collection. Cards that were in the collection as a set of four are in some cases fewer.

I've noticed that all of the sets that have degraded were in decks that I deleted and so far none of the cards that were NOT in the demo decks or in decks that I had created and subsequently deleted are affected... yet.

The following sets degraded;

Murder - 3 gone, 1 remaining
Adamanthium Scrivener - 3 gone, 1 remaining
Protectorate Clergyman - 2 gone, 2 remaining
Kraken Guard Mariner - 3 gone, 1 remaining
Righteous Paladin - 2 gone, 2 remaining
Shield Trainer - 2 gone, 2 remaining
Ruby Aura - 3 gone, 1 remaining
Oracle Song - 3 gone, 1 remaining

Note that many of these are from different decks. Murder, Adamanthium Scrivener and Righteous Paladin in one deck. Protectorate Clergyman, Kraken Guard Mariner and Shield Trainer in another. Ruby aura was in a deck with Protectorate Clergyman, but not Kraken Guard Mariner or Shield Trainer. Oracle Song was in an all Sapphire deck.

The only discernable pattern I can guess at is that it has something to do with "deleted" decks. Some cards were played much more frequently than others, so frequency of play doesn't appear to be relevant either. There are many sets of 4 cards that were in decks that were deleted that remain unaffected, so far, so there's every chance I'm missing some crucial clue.

Finally, I did not delete any decks in the "new" hardware patch of the game and did not have any issues with missing cards from sets (though there may have been sets missing, a probable unrelated issue). And there was no degradation of sets over the life of that login.

kevalvaine
10-22-2013, 07:50 AM
Murder - 3 gone, 1 remaining
Adamanthium Scrivener - 3 gone, 1 remaining
Protectorate Clergyman - 2 gone, 2 remaining
Kraken Guard Mariner - 3 gone, 1 remaining
Righteous Paladin - 2 gone, 2 remaining
Shield Trainer - 2 gone, 2 remaining
Ruby Aura - 3 gone, 1 remaining
Oracle Song - 3 gone, 1 remaining

Hmm... it seems that I'm missing the same cards in the same quantities. At least from what I remember here at work - I will check it later at home.

TheBokononist
10-22-2013, 12:32 PM
Shadowelf I've tried that on the computer I'm on now, even went as far as a full reinstall (btw uninstall doesn't seem to remove the files; I had to manually delete them). It seems collection changes are tied to computers, since my personal computer stopped having collection missing errors (after Crypto's repair over the weekend). However this computer still does (Both are AMD 64-bit processors running Windows 7 Ultimate).

tl;dr - This fix worked on my personal computer, but not on the computer I am working on now.

Have you tried repairing ?

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27943&page=3

UDareUTake
10-23-2013, 07:22 AM
Sadly, I'm faced with the same issue now =( Missing cards and despite repairing a few times, doesnt solve it

Svenn
10-23-2013, 07:36 AM
I logged in yesterday to find a bunch of my cards missing. Luckily repair seems to have worked, although I have 85 of some resources and only about 70 of others.

Someone mentioned it earlier, but those of you who are missing cards and repairing doesn't fix it... have you deleted any decks? I have never deleted a deck and haven't really had much issue with missing cards. It could be that deleting decks is somehow deleting access to cards or something.

UDareUTake
10-23-2013, 07:37 AM
It could be as I recently deleted all the pre-constructed decks =(

Shadowelf
10-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Someone mentioned it earlier, but those of you who are missing cards and repairing doesn't fix it... have you deleted any decks? I have never deleted a deck and haven't really had much issue with missing cards. It could be that deleting decks is somehow deleting access to cards or something.

Yeah it's possible, since i have deleted all precons; couldn't play against the AI with a customised deck though unless i did this. Now after a dozen or so repairs, still got cards missing and playing against the AI is impossible, since the game doesn't allow me to load any of my saved decklists.

Shaqattaq
10-23-2013, 07:04 PM
I spoke to engineering and it should not be possible to delete cards out of collections, and we're in the final stages of a fix for anybody who is missing cards.

Shadowelf
10-23-2013, 08:50 PM
I spoke to engineering and it should not be possible to delete cards out of collections, and we're in the final stages of a fix for anybody who is missing cards.

Great news, thanks for the update:)

Chiany
10-23-2013, 09:32 PM
and we're in the final stages of a fix for anybody who is missing cards.

Let's hope it works /fingerscrossed

UDareUTake
10-23-2013, 10:46 PM
Wow thats good news! thanks for the update Shaqattaq ! :)

Aksell
10-24-2013, 01:17 AM
Thanx Shaqattaq for the news. Made my day! ;)

Zarien
10-24-2013, 03:27 PM
I'm glad this is being worked on. Because repairing my files only made it worse.

Zarien
10-24-2013, 04:13 PM
Update: For anyone having issues with this, where "repair installation" didn't work. Try uninstalling the game, deleting every single hex file, and downloading the entire game over again once or twice. I did this, and I now have every card in the game this time. See you in the alpha!

Vibraxus
10-24-2013, 05:33 PM
Repair worked for me. But the install screen does say they will shake up our available cards. :p

Aethnen
10-24-2013, 05:40 PM
I now only have half a deck left after two repairs. Yikes.

Ebynfel
10-24-2013, 06:09 PM
I just got in, and have 17 ruby resource, 19 wild, and 27 blood....aaaand that's it since I logged in to create my keep name earlier. trying the repair now

Vibraxus
10-24-2013, 06:11 PM
I take my previous post back....I had to log oout from the freeze and now Im missing about 15 cards from my deck. So we are in same old bug it seems. More data points at least for CZE.

Ebynfel
10-24-2013, 06:18 PM
I just got in, and have 17 ruby resource, 19 wild, and 27 blood....aaaand that's it since I logged in to create my keep name earlier. trying the repair now

Repair resulted in total loss of collection, even those few resources. So, trying a reinstall.

knightofeffect
10-24-2013, 06:30 PM
Funnily, after my last repair, I show no cards in any of my decks or the collection, just nothing at all.

However, I can challenge the AI with any of my decks, and it actually lets me play with all the cards apparently in the decks.

Zarien
10-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Like I said fellas. I had the exact same issues as all of you when I first got in. No matter how many times I repaired, it wouldn't fix it. Uninstall your game, delete your hex folder inside your program files, and download it again from scratch. My second download I was able to get all of my cards.

Ebynfel
10-24-2013, 06:47 PM
96% through install. This one is taking a lot longer than last time, but if it works it'll be time well spent. If it doesn't, then I'll try 2-3 more times and report anything that seems off.

Ebynfel
10-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Nothing on the install. Able to play against the AI with the demo decks...until it freezes to priority bug.
Otherwise, 0 cards in collection.

copulat0r
10-24-2013, 09:50 PM
i have reinstalled, repaired multiple times. no luck. got some cards back after reinstall, but not all. against AI i can play my decks, but not against opponents. and i cant modify decks cuz so many cards are missing.

Shinjica
10-26-2013, 12:27 AM
i've the same problem. After change the password 80% of card are missing from my collection. Repairing and reistalling but no luck yet

Ditsch
10-26-2013, 05:16 AM
Same here cards missing, can't create new decks, old decks don't work, pre constructed decks also faulty and i can't choose them to play the ai , and if you play against ai you get a random deck one of the 4 pre constructed. Did repair like 5 times does not change anything.

UDareUTake
10-26-2013, 05:30 AM
Not sure what happened, but after the latest patch, I got all my cards back!

BigDog
10-26-2013, 02:20 PM
i've the same problem. After change the password 80% of card are missing from my collection. Repairing and reistalling but no luck yet

I had this experience as well, i had all of the cards and all of my saved decks, i changed my password, played ai, game crashed and when i started hex again, i was now missing cards. My first repair has not solved the issue, but i wonder if it might be related to changing passwords if shinjica experienced something similar

ev1lb0b
10-26-2013, 08:00 PM
I have had the same experience, many repairs and logging in with incorrect username but to no avail. Here's how I fixed it:

I had a deck with 55 of 60 cards, it was missing 3 Pack Raptors and 2 Fists. Neither Pack Raptor nor Fist showed as available in the list of cards to choose from so I added 5 random cards to make the original 60 and saved the deck. I played a game then came back to edit the deck and low and behold I had 3 Pack Raptors and 4 Fists in the list of available cards. I replaced the 5 randoms with the missing, saved and have had no issues since. Give it a try, it might work if you are only missing a handful of cards..if not then perhaps adding a 1/2 dozen random cards and saving might make the missing cards available.

mudkip
10-26-2013, 08:08 PM
I went from zero cards to most of them after the new patch and a repair

Ztikz
10-26-2013, 09:11 PM
I had my decks and card collection restored after the patch, and now after a few games, they are all gone again. I repaired my client multiple times and they are still gone, sometimes when I log in they are partially filled decks, but most of the time the decks just have resources in them and my collection can't even make up a full playable deck.

Verdant
10-27-2013, 05:17 AM
Had a few games over the last few days, today all the decks (including default ones) and cards were gone just like that. Tried reinstalling and repairing multiple times, didn't help. I guess I'll have to wait for the next patch, looks like it is the only solution that somewhat helps.

Sidetrack
10-27-2013, 06:15 AM
Today many of my cards disappeared too. I was modifying a deck, saved the changes and then closed the client by accident. When I relogged suddenly many of the cards in all my decks and in the general pool were gone. No amount of repairing and reinstalling could bring them back.

issowi
10-27-2013, 07:59 AM
I am having this same issue as of today. I built a few decks this morning then went to do some other things came back later and all my decks are missing cards. Repaired 3 or 4 times now and still same issue.

Zahmet
10-27-2013, 10:28 AM
I have no clue what cards are missing, I seemed to have "most" things atleast, but when trying to make a new deck I noticed I only have White, Red and Blue shards, since those were the shards from the precon-decks that I had access to (Dwarfs and Humans).

I think there is some connection to the precon-decks, but I had many of the blood cards even if neither of the precons had blood in it, but no blood shards, so can't make a blooddeck.

I've tried to repair, and uninstall, havn't worked so far, right now I'm doing another reinstall but this time I also deleted every file in my Hex catalog after the uninstall. Lets see if this works better.

Madysin
10-27-2013, 11:30 AM
After changing my password on my main account, I lost a lot of the cards in my collection. I repaired the install many times with no change. I just signed in with my secondary KS account and that account has all the cards. I think that changing your password causes you to lose cards.

bluehawk80
10-27-2013, 11:50 AM
I experienced this bug too.

Just restarting the client solved it for me. But i have to relog many times.
So probably this is a server issue and maybe all other suggested fixes are just a coincidence.

mudkip
10-27-2013, 02:01 PM
I went from zero cards to most of them after the new patch and a repair

I spoke too soon. Logged in again today and all my cards are gone again.

RoyHarper
10-27-2013, 02:14 PM
I've been having this problem as well and persistently since joining Alpha in the second wave. This makes it pretty much impossible to play the game at all, as cards are disappearing so frequently I can't even make or save a legal deck.

hammer
10-27-2013, 10:52 PM
I posted a verified fix for lost cards and to prevent further losses: Please confirm in the thread when you have success!

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=29370