PDA

View Full Version : Selix'x SW Replicate Deck

Selix
10-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Selix's Sapphire Wild Replicate Deck (Or for you MTG players BG)

I've been working on deck ideas trying to find good dual color decks where the cards had lots of synergy and this deck has been performing pretty well for me.

Champion
Feather Drifting Downriver
2S/3C Target troop gets permanent Flight.

Resources
11x Sapphire
11x Wild

Troops
4x Flock of Seagulls
4x The Ancestors' Chosen
4x Cottontail Ronin
4x Moon'ariu Sensei
4x Pack Raptor
4x Stargazer

Actions
4x Wild Growth
4x Replicator's Gambit
4x Oracle Song
2x Mutate

The basic idea behind this deck is to overwhelm your opponent with creatures by out card drawing him and playing multiple creatures a turn.
Pack Raptor and The Ancestor's Chosen can become severe problems if left unchecked but even when they are killed the card drawing ability provided by cards like Moon'ariu Sensei, Replicator's Gambit, Mutate and Stargazer will often let you get more. Stargazer in particular will let you discard excess resources or mid-late game useless creatures like Cottontail Ronin to get those Pack Raptors/Ancestral Specters into play faster. The cheap cost of the cards allows for early game defense when combined with Wild Growth. Mid to late game defense is provided by Flock of Seagulls.

The champion ability combined with an early Cottontail Ronin gives them another creature they can't ignore which takes pressure off of your Stargazer (card draw) and/or The Ancestors' Chosen

Weaknesses
Direct Damage decks can be a problem without a good hand. No life gain means escalation Ragefire might kill you before you can kill them. Deck can be slow to get going as you need time to dig for those Pack Raptors and Ancestral Specters.

I haven't played against one yet but I imagine (W) crush decks would walk all over this.

Suggestions? Comments? Ideas for improvement?

*Known Issue
Replicator's Gambit does not work but the card draw does work. For 1S that is a pretty cheap card draw and card draw is king in this deck.

Truhls
10-21-2013, 08:43 PM
im playing a deck quite like this at the moment, but instead of mutate im running 2 spirit dance to make the pack raptors and the ancesters huge when you play them. Didnt play gambit though, maybe ill try it.

purehybrid
10-21-2013, 09:18 PM
To me, it seems really wrong to have any combination of The Ancestors' Chosen, Pack Raptor and Replicator's Gambit. Both tAC and PR gum up your deck so much that you're even less likely to draw your replicated card than normal. Without being able to tutor for your replicated card, Replicator's Gambit is just a trash card regardless.

You're essentially trying to play tempo, but Gambit ruins your momentum.

Imo, drop gambit, and pick either raptor or ancestor's chosen, but not both. Personally I think chosen is miles ahead simply due to their cantrip... There are going to be a lot of decks built around him... it will be interesting to see which comes out on top.

Selix
10-21-2013, 10:24 PM
To me, it seems really wrong to have any combination of The Ancestors' Chosen, Pack Raptor and Replicator's Gambit. Both tAC and PR gum up your deck so much that you're even less likely to draw your replicated card than normal. Without being able to tutor for your replicated card, Replicator's Gambit is just a trash card regardless.

You're essentially trying to play tempo, but Gambit ruins your momentum.

Imo, drop gambit, and pick either raptor or ancestor's chosen, but not both. Personally I think chosen is miles ahead simply due to their cantrip... There are going to be a lot of decks built around him... it will be interesting to see which comes out on top.

Interesting and I thought about building a deck around chosen or pack raptor instead of both but having only 1 or the other made them to easily targeted. Because they are cheap I can play them both as they come into my hand but they are both threats so my opponent has to choose which one to take out.

Choose to take out the pack raptors and I am more likely to draw spectrals. Take out the ancestors and I am more likely to draw pack raptors. Leave them both alone and the spectrals will help my card draw for both more specrtals or pack raptors.

What would you replace the pack raptors with?

And though the deck is called replicate it isn't so much based off of replicators gambit as it is based off of card draw (cards) + card draw (spectrals) + pack raptors

Selali
10-21-2013, 11:18 PM
This honestly feels like its a deck that is just made for the Alpha and less of an idea for a deck once all the cards are released. There is nothing wrong with that but I think that it might lose its power once the full set of cards is released.

Eierdotter
10-22-2013, 12:51 AM
this looks like a Decklist to me...
i think it would fit perfectly in the "HEX Strategy and Decklists" Subforum, what do you think?

Selix's Sapphire Wild Replicate Deck (Or for you MTG players BG)
BG = Black Green, i think you mean UG as Blue Green

Y U No post a -hex.tcgbrowser.com- cardlist?

Do you have a wincondition besides swarming the enemy with 1/1īs and 2/2īs?
what do you do after turn ~5, when the opponent starts to swing each turn with his big guys.
having a buff to make your troops real threats seems essential to me.
Spirit Dance and Onslaught come to mind here.
what about a board wipe like Yesterday, that costs your opponent a few turns of board position and
you gain all the come into play bonuses again, more raptor, more card draw.

Popiute
10-22-2013, 01:36 AM
Spirit dance seems powerful but it's a bit too late in game (need to draw the buffed card etc). Onslaught is a nice card.
Anyway, you got huge weakness against counterspell.Counterspell on raptor or ancestral spirit and you will cry :p

Truhls
10-22-2013, 01:37 AM
i think it would fit perfectly in the "HEX Strategy and Decklists" Subforum, what do you think?

what do you do after turn ~5, when the opponent starts to swing each turn with his big guys.
what about a board wipe like Yesterday, that costs your opponent a few turns of board position and

yeah my current deck has no replicate, but 2 onslaught, 3 spirit dance, and 2 stormcalls for win conditions. The deck is a little bit slow, but once i get rolling there isnt anything you can really do to stop me. you can board wipe me, or send everything back to my hand or try to deck me, but between my card draw and buffed creatures ( and strings of creatures that lead into more, after turn 9/10 every ancester tends to string into 3+ creatures ) i just dont see a way to stop it with the current cards. The only good way to beat this deck is to win faster than it gets rolling. Which isnt too hard to do yet, but im still making changes. So far Green ramp decks are my biggest bane, escalation doesnt win vs me lol.

Blackhoof
10-22-2013, 05:20 AM
Replicator is unnecessary here.
I explore SW decks for two weeks or so, it's my favourite shard combination for now and i think replicator has awesome combo with Wyldeboar (it will shuffle in deck whatever) and flash Nelebrin Scout (weak creature itself it can give instant +14/+14 after replication).

malloc31
10-22-2013, 06:47 AM
The problem with Gambit for card draw is you are sacing 2 cards (the gambit and the creature) to draw one.

Eierdotter
10-22-2013, 08:03 AM
The problem with Gambit for card draw is you are sacing 2 cards (the gambit and the creature) to draw one.
for only 1 cost :-P

Selix
10-22-2013, 12:02 PM

1. UG yes *sheepish grin*
2. Never used hex.tcgbrowser.com I'll look at it when I get home
3-4. There are 4 ways to deal with their creatures and win.
A. Mutate (switch atk/def and card draw) then kill it with a small creature then kill them with whatever disposable creature you have
B. 3 (or more) pack raptors with swiftstrike are generally a good defense until a few more card draws overwhelms them
C. If they have been killing your pack raptors but not your Ancestor's then you should have 3+ spectrals on the board with all of your card draw. Just use them to kill attacking creatures (or flock of seagulls for delay!) while drawing more cards. Remember each spectral draws a card when played.
D. Wild growth + creature to wipe out any of those early attackers then you out card draw them to your own creatures
C. Cottontail + champion flight power Killed my pack raptors, ancestors and stargazers? Ok now kill this 4/1 flying + rage rabbit with your empty hand. Defend with flock of seagulls and use every card you get replace those early creature losses

5. Board wipe is dangerous but it has happened to me. Generally it happens when they need to desperately clear the board because I have to many pack raptors or specrals to deal with. If I survive the next turn then chances are all of the pack raptors/spectals waiting in my deck will be drawn or the card draw to draw them will be drawn and I will have 3+ creatures out again in 1-2 turns. This is how is has he few times board wipe has happened but I don't discount the possibility that I have had a bit of luck. Still you have to consider that ancestors and pack raptors will seed your deck with powerful cards that you are likely to draw at least one of.

Generally to defend against board wipe I just hold back a couple of resources or rabbits which I can quickly stargazer into useful creatures to play post wipe. This deck uses excess resources as additional card draw through star grazer! Nothing goes to waste if I can help it. (You only need about 4-5 resources in play although more blue helps spread the champion flying power to more creatures)

Selix
10-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Spirit dance seems powerful but it's a bit too late in game (need to draw the buffed card etc). Onslaught is a nice card.
Anyway, you got huge weakness against counterspell.Counterspell on raptor or ancestral spirit and you will cry :p

Honest question here what counterspell? I was looking to actually put counterspell in this deck but couldn't find any so I put in replicator's gambit instead for cheap card draw.

Selix
10-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Replicator is unnecessary here.
I explore SW decks for two weeks or so, it's my favorite shard combination for now and i think replicator has awesome combo with Wyldeboar (it will shuffle in deck whatever) and flash Nelebrin Scout (weak creature itself it can give instant +14/+14 after replication).

The weakest part of this deck is probably Replicator's Gambit. I didn't want Onslaught or the like because of their cost and my plan with this deck was to use fast, cheap, easily draw/playable cards which large expensive cards would just get in the way of. Every card in this deck has 2 or more ways it can be of value which is important for the early game where creature removal is especially dangerous to getting your card draw off the ground.

The good news is this deck has 16 creatures (4x cottontail, flock of seagulls, pack raptors, ancestors) which are prime targets for creature removal.You have a good chance of drawing 5-6 of those in your first couple of turns and they don't have as high a chance to draw enough creature removal to deal with them all unless they are playing a DD deck. Especially if you can wild growth/mutate to keep some alive.

Eierdotter
10-22-2013, 02:39 PM
a fast deck with cheap cards, that only works if building up troops for several turns... counterproductive...