PDA

View Full Version : Q: Bone Warrior mechanics

The_Wine_Gnat
10-22-2013, 11:40 AM
To appease the mighty Kami, I didn't want to necro this old thread (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=25192&highlight=bone+warrior), but I am curious now that Alpha is out if anyone has tested Bone Warrior's mechanics.

See below:
If you give a permanent effect to bone warrior, and it would die, it instead transforms into a pile of bones (tiny 0/1 that cant attack/block) would the pile of bones have the permanent effect on it? and if it transformed back into bone warrior would it still have the effect?

ex, i have bone warrior, i give it rage 2 with infusion of ruby, it then dies
do i now have a 0/1 with rage 2?, or if bone warrior has attacked once, do i have a 2/1 with rage 2?
and if i transform it back to bone warrior, does it keep rage 2 and any attack bonus it had previously gained?

Anyone know the answer?

Second question I have is if you play Extinction, do your Bone Warriors turn to Piles of Bones? If that's true (which I believe it is, but I want to confirm), then that's a pretty cool combo to survive Extinction. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!

Zomnivore
10-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Fairly certain it works the way you're thinking, the Shin'hare high lord works in a similar way.

I do not know that it retains permanent effects though.

BossHoss
10-22-2013, 12:07 PM
Bone Warrior is not currently in Alpha yet so we cannot help confirm

Vorpal
10-22-2013, 12:07 PM
Bone Warrior wasn't in the PDF of available cards in the alpha, so it may not even be something the testers can use at the moment.

The_Wine_Gnat
10-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Bone Warrior wasn't in the PDF of available cards in the alpha, so it may not even be something the testers can use at the moment.

Bummer. Wasn't aware of that.

Shadowelf
10-22-2013, 12:15 PM
However, permanent boosts or 'permanent mods' persist through transformations. In this way, if a permanent mod grafted actual text onto a card, that text would still persist through the transformation.

As for your second question, i think that the answer is yes

Jbizzi
10-22-2013, 02:18 PM
I believe the effects persist and I would think it would be transformed into a pile of bones upon extinction.

The card reads and leads me to believe the "Troop" itself remains, just transforms on occasion. So the card never actually goes away or creates a completely separate troop, the troop itself merely transforms.

just my interpretation.