PDA

View Full Version : Will the game support 2560x1440 resolution?

TheFallen
10-24-2013, 02:18 AM
The maximum alpha res. is 1920. I suppose the game will support 2560x1440 resolution at the release, but confirmation would be nice :)

ossuary
10-24-2013, 04:51 AM
I'd say it's probably WAY too early to be asking that kind of question. Those kinds of UI features get polished up and added in much, much closer to live release. The devs themselves probably haven't even looked at that sort of thing yet.

Edit: also, they want to keep the computer versions and tablet versions pretty similar, so you probably won't see extremely high resolutions supported (to maintain parity). Additionally, HEX is designed to run on low-end machines so that more people are able to play it; so again, you don't want people to have vastly different experiences, so the resolution options may be somewhat limited to support that.

Niedar
10-24-2013, 06:10 AM
Tablets have a higher resolution most computer screens.

Jeronan
10-24-2013, 06:16 AM
I'd say it's probably WAY too early to be asking that kind of question. Those kinds of UI features get polished up and added in much, much closer to live release. The devs themselves probably haven't even looked at that sort of thing yet.

Edit: also, they want to keep the computer versions and tablet versions pretty similar, so you probably won't see extremely high resolutions supported (to maintain parity). Additionally, HEX is designed to run on low-end machines so that more people are able to play it; so again, you don't want people to have vastly different experiences, so the resolution options may be somewhat limited to support that.

Ehh what? You do know that tablets (like iPad, New Nexus and even New Note) have even higher resolutions right?
Hell, a lot of New Laptops these days come With high resolution displays now. So Retina MacBook Pro (which I have) is no longer the only highres Laptop either.

A decent 27inch monitor (like the IPS panel I have at home) has 2560x1440 as native resolution. Pretty much all games these days support this resolution.

ossuary
10-24-2013, 06:18 AM
And if HEX were being built to only run on the highest-end machines available, that might mean something. :)

Marsden
10-24-2013, 06:40 AM
The maximum alpha res. is 1920. I suppose the game will support 2560x1440 resolution at the release, but confirmation would be nice :)

I'll certainly be very disappointed if they don't.