PDA

View Full Version : "Account is being created. Please wait."

An_Idiot
10-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Been at the "Account is being created. Please wait." for over five min now, is this normal? are the names i'm choosing taken?

Answer:

An account that has a name taken already will sit on "Account is being created. Please wait." indefinitely. If the name is not taken, it will take about 30 seconds to process. The much needed "Name is already in use" response is not currently provided at this moment in time.

I suggest waiting a couple minutes to be sure, but yeah--mine all went through in 15-30 seconds. Those that were taken just sat on "Account is being created". I left them running 5 minutes on test for a name I knew I already reserved.

CZE: Please unsticky once notification given that keep name is already in use.

Daer
10-24-2013, 03:26 PM
I just created a keep for my $250 tier and it took maybe 25 seconds.

hex_colin
10-24-2013, 03:30 PM
Been at the "Account is being created. Please wait." for over five min now, is this normal? are the names i'm choosing taken?

Yup, that's likely the issue - the UI doesn't deal with that situation gracefully ATM.

BigWrig
10-24-2013, 03:30 PM
I'm having the same problem. I'm stuck on the account is being created.

Jonesy
10-24-2013, 06:03 PM
all 5 or so keep names i tried failed. I backed out and now my password doesnt work anymore...

Stok3d
10-24-2013, 07:40 PM
An account that has a name taken already will sit on "Account is being created. Please wait." indefinitely. If the name is not taken, it will take about 30 seconds to process. The much needed "Name is already in use" response is not currently provided at this moment in time.

I suggest waiting a couple minutes to be sure, but yeah--mine all went through in 15-30 seconds. Those that were taken just sat on "Account is being created". I left them running 5 minutes on test for a name I knew I already reserved.

elsimer
10-24-2013, 08:24 PM
When i reserved mine it never went away (waited two minutes) but when i exited and came back i was in and all was well

Aisriyth
10-25-2013, 07:31 AM
Heres the problem with all this. I was able to login with my keep name earlier in the week, now I can't and it sticks at the indefinite account being created because clearly i have the name in some fashion since i was able to log on previously.

Daer
10-25-2013, 07:35 AM
Heres the problem with all this. I was able to login with my keep name earlier in the week, now I can't and it sticks at the indefinite account being created because clearly i have the name in some fashion since i was able to log on previously.

Was that maybe on the temporary server they were running earlier?

Aisriyth
10-25-2013, 07:42 AM
Yes, but the kicker about that was I never had to enter in a keep name, it went right in. I have a sneaking suspicion that something else is going on. Earlier on during the alpha i had to constantly rename my keep since every time I left, it made me rename it, which I think caused my name to be taken despite not actually being taken or if taken, it is taken by me but gets odd and won't let me sync the login account to the keep account.

Ronayn
10-25-2013, 11:20 AM
Ok, I have the same problem, so I exited the game. When I tried relaunching it, it started the whole process (reloading all the files!). I have a slow internet connection; please tell me that there is a shortcut to the log in screen?

Shadowelf
10-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Ok, I have the same problem, so I exited the game. When I tried relaunching it, it started the whole process (reloading all the files!). I have a slow internet connection; please tell me that there is a shortcut to the log in screen?

Could be the new patch that is downloading ? If not, generally it takes substantially less time to , when files have already been downloaded. As for shortcut i doubt there is one .

Ronayn
10-25-2013, 11:40 AM
Could be the new patch that is downloading ? If not, generally it takes substantially less time to , when files have already been downloaded. As for shortcut i doubt there is one .

No. I just got the invite today and spent several hours watching it download. It then locked up at "account be created". I killed the app, and re-ran it, and it looked like it was reloading ALL the files (not doing any kind of check to see if the files were already up to date).

If that's the case, I am going to have to try HEX later. Cant lock up my internet everyday just to reload things already downloaded :(

Shadowelf
10-25-2013, 12:35 PM
No. I just got the invite today and spent several hours watching it download. It then locked up at "account be created". I killed the app, and re-ran it, and it looked like it was reloading ALL the files (not doing any kind of check to see if the files were already up to date).

If that's the case, I am going to have to try HEX later. Cant lock up my internet everyday just to reload things already downloaded :(

Ok just got home and started downloading the patch; total files number is 3377, excluding patch files (patch files 444). If you are getting the first number upon downloading (ex 14/3377), then you are most probably redownloading everything, if the number is less then files are being repaired/replaced and finally if the number is 444, you are only d'loading the patch

Aisriyth
10-25-2013, 09:15 PM
Well, it's good to see they have given a name taken clause now. I still think something else is going on though, wish i could get in contact with them easier.