PDA

View Full Version : HexPatch only showing retry

firedancer27
10-24-2013, 05:53 PM
I have Windows Vista Service Pack 2

I have the hex installer but when I attempt to install I only get a succession of "retry"s for hexpatch.txt.new. After about 9 or so of the "retry"s, "starting up" is replaced by "update failed" and the "retry" happens again. Anybody else experience this?

Morden
10-24-2013, 06:59 PM
Got the exact same thing. Is there any ports that need to be opened manually?

Edit : I did try this one more time, shutting down my firewall and it worked.. Not sure wich port should be opened though... :)

Hope this help!

firedancer27
10-25-2013, 02:08 AM
Thanks Morden!!! I had turned off my anit-virus firewall and tried but that didn't work. Seeing your message though made me dig further...I thought my windows firewall was turned off but it was not. I turned off the windows firewall in addition and then I was still getting the issue. I restarted the computer with both firewalls off and now the download is working! See you in the game!

colemang
11-07-2013, 05:39 PM
i've turned off all firewalls and security programs. still stuck on the stuttering "starting up downloading hexpatch.txt.new"

download bar never moves. i've restarted with no firewalls and i've uninstalled/reinstalled.

berserkskulls
11-07-2013, 10:42 PM
i've turned off all firewalls and security programs. still stuck on the stuttering "starting up downloading hexpatch.txt.new"

download bar never moves. i've restarted with no firewalls and i've uninstalled/reinstalled.

i have the same issue

colemang
11-08-2013, 05:16 AM
i have the same issue

berserker - i uninstalled again this morning and installed to another drive. it worked. maybe try uninstall and to a different folder altogether. not sure. there's a solution in there somewhere.

i installed to my OS drive instead of my games drive.