PDA

View Full Version : Request: Server status indicator

RyanJohn
10-25-2013, 04:21 AM
Especially with the game currently being in Alpha, it would be nice if we could jump on the forums here and with a quick look determine if an issue we are running into may be caused by the server being down.

I am suggesting this mainly because:
1) it appears the server is down currently, at least that was the conjecture of people I talked with.
2) it was recently revealed you are planning to go to multiple servers, so this would make sense to have in place as you add servers.

Apologies if this has been already requested in a thread somewhere or if it already planned, just decided to make an acccount on here to propose this since I haven't seen a server status link anywhere.

Best Regards,
RyanJohn
Hex Keep: Ryan

Hollywood
10-25-2013, 06:02 AM
Seconded.

Mahes
10-25-2013, 07:12 AM
Third that. Even putting the indicator on the opening patch screen would be nice. I am new to Alpha and so thought that was already in the game.

Soul-of-Void
10-25-2013, 07:37 AM
Put in site , launcher or anywhere you want just make it happen it will be great thing to have.

jetah
10-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Put the Server indicator in the Launcher AND on the HEX website (actually a rss or w/e type thingie so people could put it on their own websites).

Toybear
11-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Put the Server indicator in the Launcher AND on the HEX website (actually a rss or w/e type thingie so people could put it on their own websites).

Yes please make Server indicator for us. We want know actually status of servers.

Nekrabyte
11-21-2013, 11:49 AM
this sounds great.... but don't worry about it till the game itself is stable enough to play!

ChristianLove
11-21-2013, 11:51 AM
This is not a bad idea at all. I'm totally on board with this.

Shadowelf
11-21-2013, 02:29 PM
It is in their plans, so it will happen sooner or later

Sorry about that. It's definitely on our list of things that need to happen sooner than later, along with a message on when our servers are intentionally down as opposed to someone having a problem logging in.

Tranj
11-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Yes, this is in the plans, but will come a bit later on down the road. We are in the early and very ugly days of Alpha right now, so focus is on server stability, load balancing, server optimization, and bug fixing. Once these pieces are stabilized and the game is moved over to the full Gameforge platform, server status indicators, a more robust and reliable patcher, and more reliable and pre-determined maintenance windows will be in place.

SingByDeath
11-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Yay, you got my vote

Charko
11-21-2013, 07:52 PM
+1