PDA

View Full Version : Pass Priority Indicator Suggestion

Kylocke
10-25-2013, 07:28 AM
Could you add text to the Pass button that indicates who's turn it is easier? I found that especially in the first couple rounds when you really don't have much to counter with, I was spending a lot of time figuring out who's turn it was so I didn't pass any of my rounds.

I am at work, so can't post a screenshot of the screen and where I personally would like it seen, so I can post images when I get back home tonight, or if you have any questions, I can better explain myself.

elsimer
10-25-2013, 07:30 AM
there is an indicator for turn and phase at the top of the screen...

Daer
10-25-2013, 07:34 AM
The ring on the board lights up for whichever players turn it is.

jotting
10-25-2013, 07:36 AM
I agree with Kylocke. Yes, there are other indicators, but the pass button is where the bulk of our focus is and a simple color change depending on who's turn it is would help playability.

Kylocke
10-25-2013, 08:25 AM
I noticed the other indicators. For the first few rounds, you are doing a lot of passing, and quickly, so you are focused on that button. I was checking the very top of the screen for who's turn it was. Against the AI, I don't feel I'm wasting anyone's time, against a player, its extra seconds where there is nothing for me to do that halts the game.

jtatta
10-25-2013, 08:33 AM
The biggest issue is that the pass button is at the bottom of the screen and the phase reminder is at the top. I've misclicked through entire turns before because of this. However, I'm almost certain that will be changed at some point.

FLOWDANGO
10-25-2013, 12:48 PM
Actually happened to me yesterday, I was playing and for some reason I thought I lost the coin toss and that the Pass Priority button was just there for me during the other players turn, but alas it was for me as the 1st turn player and I did not play anything. I wasted a 1st turn and did not have a resource down.

Again my fault for not realizing and just passing but any kind of visual clue within the pass button would be great. Perhaps green when it is your turn and a shade of red when you are passing on opponents turn. Something like this could be useful.

Svenn
10-25-2013, 01:02 PM
I've done this a couple times as well... pass, pass, pass, pass.... oh crap, I just skipped my turn?

Honestly, I think the best way to do it is changing the button (color, shape, whatever) for your main phases only. Any reaction priority you have (whether your turn or another player's) stays the same, but when it's your main phase or something the button turns green.