PDA

View Full Version : How does the Alpha Invite Wave works?

Havok4615
10-25-2013, 08:38 AM
10/24 - 5:35 PM

In case you hadn't heard, we invited over 3,000 backers to the alpha servers today. Our engineers will be gathering information and testing our hardware with the new users.

There will be downtime tomorrow morning at 10 AM Pacific in order to patch the HEX alpha client. We'll be publishing patch notes tomorrow morning and you check both here and our Twitter account @HEXTCG for any updates.

Okay, 3000 backers, is this the second wave? Slackers next? Im reading about, polishing stuff, making new Decks, fixing, bugs but nothing like "our devs balblalb...next wave" i dont wanna sound like a cry baby but why the [removed] dont you invite more ppl? We all PAID, we all want to play you should optimize the Server stuff instead of uploading new pics for cards or some shit. We need more Players, not more polishing. Can someone from Cryptozoid finally announce something at least "about 2-3 Weeks" and stop updating like "yea cool new cards, cool new pics, cool new polishing, but new cool news about our server"

Im just pissed more everyday and the trigger for this flame post was the cooperation with GameForge!

elsimer
10-25-2013, 08:47 AM
3000 backers which consisted of all the $250 pledges in one go. Compare that to the first wave of 1000 and the complications that resulted and it becomes obvious why they don't just throw the doors open to all. Compare the number and severity of load-relate issues between the two waves and it also becomes obvious that they've been working on the servers, including "uploading new pics for cards or some shit".

jtatta
10-25-2013, 08:48 AM
This is the 500th thread about this so this one will likely be closed, moved, or whatnot. I'll answer quickly:

- The second wave was the $250 tiers and was about 3000 backers. Shortly after the invites, the server crashed and games haven't been able to be created for over 12 hours now. The patch today should hopefully address this. This is why you can't just "invite more people."

- The company's name is Cryptozoic. While I'm just nitpicking, calling them Cryptozoid just means that you don't really care about the company, or alpha "testing," you just want to play the game. That's fine but you can't cry wolf when you don't get into alpha when it's convenient for you.

- Lastly, we ALL paid. That said, we will ALL get access. Just wait your turn. I apologize if this came off as harsh but you could have easily done research and found the answer to your question. These requests are getting ridiculous.

Quasari
10-25-2013, 08:49 AM
It depends on the servers. The 3000 are from the 250 tiers, there's probably going to be a couple more waves before slacker backers. Just be patient.

Tinuvas
10-25-2013, 08:49 AM
...Can someone from Cryptozoid finally announce something at least "about 2-3 Weeks"...

Every time they do commit to a time frame, expectations are set. If those expectations are not met FOR ANY REASON (misunderstanding, servers go sideways for a few days, earthquakes, flood, government shutdown, etc. etc.) hate and vitriol commence! Not sure I would jump into that trap given a million bucks (or 2.5 mil even).

Could happen. Don't think so though. Best of luck with your frustrations. I hope you find satisfaction and peace somewhere.

Havok4615
10-25-2013, 08:52 AM
This is the 500th thread about this so this one will likely be closed, moved, or whatnot. I'll answer quickly:

- The second wave was the $250 tiers and was about 3000 backers. Shortly after the invites, the server crashed and games haven't been able to be created for over 12 hours now. The patch today should hopefully address this. This is why you can't just "invite more people."

- The company's name is Cryptozoic. While I'm just nitpicking, calling them Cryptozoid just means that you don't really care about the company, or alpha "testing," you just want to play the game. That's fine but you can't cry wolf when you don't get into alpha when it's convenient for you.

- Lastly, we ALL paid. That said, we will ALL get access. Just wait your turn. I apologize if this came off as harsh but you could have easily done research and found the answer to your question. These requests are getting ridiculous.
my finger glitched from c to d

Kilo24
10-25-2013, 08:54 AM
If they invited everyone simultaneously right now, no one would get to play. Ever since the new wave, only a small fraction of the games have been finishable. The rest of them have frozen due to the pass priority bug. Since before the last wave, the game was much more stable: this strongly suggests that it's related to server load.

If many more people came in, games would be even less stable. Given the choice between rewarding the people who supported them the most and getting server stress data versus rewarding no-one by giving them an unplayable alpha and getting little server stress data, they've chosen the former.

Kami
10-25-2013, 08:56 AM
Im just pissed more everyday and the trigger for this flame post was the cooperation with GameForge!

As you stated yourself. Consider this thread closed.

Please take the time to review the: Code of Conduct (http://www.cryptozoic.com/coc)