PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Patch Notes: 812-B

Shaqattaq
10-25-2013, 10:01 AM
General
- Fixed AI logic to remove some instances of games versus AI hanging. If you do get a hang the first thing to try is to hit the space bar a few times.
- Fixed some more issues of the Pass Priority bar not appearing. There are still more so keep those reports coming!
- When you log in, your collection will be compared to a master list of available cards. If you are missing any cards they should now be replaced.
- Many fuzzy images are now much sharper.
- Hex Moon on the matchmaking screen is no longer blinding.
- Some instances of game stalling have been addressed. There are still more out there.
- You can no longer select illegal decks.
- The challenge prompt will time out in 90 seconds.

User Interface
- You can now change your password from the Options menu.
- Slight increase to rendering speed in the Card Manager.
- Advanced search filters now work in the Card Manager.
- Keywords and their descriptions will show up on a zoomed card.

Chat
- First time users will no longer show up as a number in chat.
- A message is limited to 140 characters.
- Text typed into the Add Player field is no longer shared in the Ignore Player field.
- Whispers should no longer lose their color when you move from one screen to another.
- Whispers now tell you who to whom it was sent.
- Chat box is now moveable by clicking and dragging anywhere in the box.

Gems
- Gem Socketing is in.
- Every account has been given all working gems for testing purposes.
- Prime Blood Orb of Brutality (Major); [BLOOD]: When this troop enters play, it deals damage equal to its [ATK] to target champion.
- Diamond of Lifedrain (Minor); [DIAMOND][DIAMOND]: Lifedrain
- Prime Diamond of Endurance (Major); [DIAMOND]: When this troop enters play, your champion gains health equal to its [DEF].
- Ruby of Ferocity (Minor); [RUBY]: Speed
- Prime Ruby of Intensity (Major); [RUBY][RUBY]: When this troop deals damage to an opposing champion, gain 2 temporary resource points.
- Sapphire of Sky (Minor); [SAPPHIRE][SAPPHIRE]: Flight
- Prime Sapphire of Mind (Major); [SAPPHIRE][SAPPHIRE]: When this troop deals damage to a champion, draw a card.
- Wild Orb of Conservation (Minor); [WILD][WILD]: Spellshield
- Prime Wild Orb of Strength (Major); [WILD]: When this troop enters play, target troop you control has +[ATK]/+[DEF] each equal to this troops [ATK] and [DEF] this turn.
- Prime Wild Orb of Dominance (Major); [WILD][WILD]: When this troop deals damage to a champion, create a Rhinoceros and put it into play.

Cards
- Royal Falconer has been added.
- Shamed Gladiator: His effect will no longer go off when the next card is played.
- Protectorate Defender: This card will now enter the warzone normally.
- Wild Root Dancer: Continue button is now visible when the ability is activated.
- Wild Root Dancer: The trigger action will no longer hand when the card is in play and a resource is used.
- Nelebrin Scout: The scout was getting stuck on the chain after attacking. It won't now.
- Sensei of the Wounded Petal: Will now gain health when as the card describes.

Champions
- Nin the Shadow: Charge power will now show up in the tool tip.
- Champion portraits now appear in the Card Manager.

New Known Issues
-- Friends section of chat box is not yet functional.
-- Hitting ESC to concede does not work while you have priority (Space Bar + Esc will get you there)

Chiany
10-25-2013, 10:09 AM
Wow nice patch!!
yeah for gems, and hopefully the card collection check works.

Soldack
10-25-2013, 10:16 AM
does lifedrain work in alpha?

Icepick
10-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Oooh, new gems, nice!

Shadowelf
10-25-2013, 10:22 AM
Awesome patch, thank you so much :)

Vengus
10-25-2013, 10:22 AM
Hah, ruby resource destruction gem got scrapped. :p Atleast for this build.

Gulbech
10-25-2013, 10:26 AM
Looks great, cant wait to get into HEX again

So glad i can change password now.

RCDv57
10-25-2013, 10:28 AM
- Hex Moon on the matchmaking screen is no longer blinding.

Aww man, I was using that thing to test out my contrast Ratios :p

nickon
10-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Seems like worth the downtime! :D

Vorpal
10-25-2013, 10:34 AM
I'm happy to see gems.

No blood minor gem?

Zarien
10-25-2013, 10:37 AM
Awesome job! I wonder if crash of beasts was fixed, or if its still a dead card.

Soul-of-Void
10-25-2013, 10:37 AM
nice patch cant wait to test

houjix
10-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Whoa! Gems?

That's truly outrageous.

hammer
10-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Sounds like a nice patch - taking its time to download though is that normal or my connection.

Madican
10-25-2013, 10:51 AM
Normal considering it's not just the people in Alpha downloading the patch, but also everyone who used that torrent in the first wave.

beepharoni
10-25-2013, 10:52 AM
No info regarding multiple cerebral Fulminations or crash of beasts... otherwise a great sounding patch. can't wait to gem some cards and have some fun

ossuary
10-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Whoa! Gems?

That's truly outrageous.

Nice!

'net high five.

danagar
10-25-2013, 11:35 AM
Awesome patch, thanks CZE! Lot of good bugs and annoyances fixed. So glad I will be able to change my password. My main hurdles so far have been mainly addressed and in general there were a few game hangs that kept games from finishing.

As a 30 inch monitor gamer, my main wish list item is support for higher resolutions like 2560x1600 :D

Ludomancer
10-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Wild creatures get Spellshield? With a minor gem? Reeeeaallly?
Seems a bit unbalanced, especially compared to the other minor gems. Wouldn't Crush be more equivalent?

ossuary
10-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Seems a bit unbalanced, especially compared to the other minor gems. Wouldn't Crush be more equivalent?

I don't think it's inherently overpowered. There are common green creatures in MtG that have hexproof. You can still block them, or take them out with non-targeted effects (extinction).

Remember, too, that you can only put the gems on socketed creatures. It doesn't let you give ANY crazy wild creature spellshield. If they made a 9/9 crush for 5 with a gem slot... THEN you might need to worry. :)

Maphalux
10-25-2013, 12:06 PM
Beware, the password change function seems to only half work. It will change your pass from the randomly generated one but will not change it to whatever you type in. You will then lose access to the account.

EDIT: several people from guild reported they changed pass no problem so could be random bug or it might have to do with adding spaces since that is what I did.

Vorpal
10-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Yeah, there are only a handful of socketed troops, looks like one minor and one major for each shard.

If you could put a spellshield gem into, say, fist of brigaddoon, that might be problematic, but you can't.

Leingod
10-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Boulder brute just went up the list in draft significantly =D.

Shinjica
10-25-2013, 12:59 PM
I still miss some card, is there a problem?

Umaro
10-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Remember, too, that you can only put the gems on socketed creatures. It doesn't let you give ANY crazy wild creature spellshield. If they made a 9/9 crush for 5 with a gem slot... THEN you might need to worry. :)

Or, like, an Invincible 7/7 Crush for 6.

Oh. :)

Xtopher
10-25-2013, 01:39 PM
Can't recall who it was said improvements would start coming exponentially, but they're looking proved right. (Was it Keldrin??)

Arlond
10-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Anyone else missing Wild Root Dancer from their cards?

beepharoni
10-25-2013, 05:09 PM
Every game I have attempted to play has locked up for one reason or another. I ALMOST finished one, but as I was casting life siphon for the win, the card didn't enter play, and I lost all of my resources, priority phase bugged out.

It's a little frustrating. Hopefully CZE team can hotfix this and make the servers stable again... It feels like day 1 all over again

Vibraxus
10-25-2013, 05:58 PM
Every game I have attempted to play has locked up for one reason or another. I ALMOST finished one, but as I was casting life siphon for the win, the card didn't enter play, and I lost all of my resources, priority phase bugged out.

It's a little frustrating. Hopefully CZE team can hotfix this and make the servers stable again... It feels like day 1 all over again

Havent completed a game since Tuesday night. Now that the 250s are in Ive tried many more games...and still loses the pass button. Space wont work. Ive used different decks, even default ones...no dice. Can we get a hotkey for it, like ! since that is on either side of the button when it loads?

Deciphered
10-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Havent completed a game since Tuesday night. Now that the 250s are in Ive tried many more games...and still loses the pass button. Space wont work. Ive used different decks, even default ones...no dice. Can we get a hotkey for it, like ! since that is on either side of the button when it loads?

I'm confused. You want a hotkey for the pass button, in addition to the space bar?

Errantsquire
10-26-2013, 02:47 AM
does lifedrain work in alpha?

It works troop damage to troop only for the amount of toughness but not troop damage to champion.

Errantsquire
10-26-2013, 02:49 AM

The fight ability that was taken away was much more OP IMO.

Errantsquire
10-26-2013, 02:50 AM

Welcome to Alpha!

4acrossisemu
10-26-2013, 03:40 AM
buccaneer still missing? :(

Maphalux
10-26-2013, 04:18 AM
buccaneer still missing? :(

Nope. Check all the way down at the bottom of the card list. He's hiding out down there.

ossuary
10-26-2013, 06:25 AM
The fight ability that was taken away was much more OP IMO.

To be fair, it wasn't necessarily taken away, it might just not be working / coded yet.

Vengus
10-26-2013, 06:43 AM
To be fair, it wasn't necessarily taken away, it might just not be working / coded yet.
CRZ revealed the updated gem list: http://hextcg.com/socketed-cards/.

jay203
10-26-2013, 06:58 AM
mmmm, maybe it's just me. however, i seem to login with no cards at all. takes a couple relogs to eventually log in with an inventory that has cards in it to play
even then, every game i've played so far locks up due to missing priority confirm =\

beepharoni
10-26-2013, 08:04 AM
Welcome to Alpha!

I've been in alpha. this is as bad, if not worse as day 1 again.

incitfulmonk21
10-26-2013, 08:17 AM
CRZ revealed the updated gem list: http://hextcg.com/socketed-cards/.

This is not necessarily all the gems like the card spoil .pdf file there is a good chance that more gems will be added as they begin to work.

Conjugate
10-26-2013, 08:42 AM

Lochar
10-27-2013, 08:21 AM
Don't worry, if DNF came out, anything is possible!

RoyHarper
10-27-2013, 02:11 PM
I'm still having persistent issues with cards not appearing or disappearing. I've literally uninstalled and reinstalled dozens of times; every now and then I get a full set of cards, but inevitably some glitch makes them disappear. I've also done the repair install many times. It's pretty much impossible for me to play at all, since even the pre-loaded decks don't have enough (or any) cards to be legal decks for play.

ovlovian
10-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Roy, what's your OS? Have you tried restarting and then repairing?
Running as Admin? Installing in new directory?

Zarien
10-27-2013, 06:36 PM
Try this Roy http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=29370

if that doesn't work, another thing that works for me, is entering in the wrong password, then entering in the right one afterwards and my cards usually come up.