PDA

View Full Version : Gems different from list on main page?

jtatta
10-25-2013, 10:14 AM
The gems in the patch notes are considerably different from the gems list on the main page. I assume this is intended. Main change is that it looks like they took out the resource destruction gem. Certainly makes Eldritch Dream a different card.

What do you guys think? For reference, here are the gems:

Gems
- Gem Socketing is in.

- Every account has been given all working gems for testing purposes.
- Prime Blood Orb of Brutality (Major); : When this troop enters play, it deals damage equal to its [ATK] to target champion.

- Diamond of Lifedrain (Minor); [DIAMOND][DIAMOND]: Lifedrain

- Prime Diamond of Endurance (Major); [DIAMOND]: When this troop enters play, your champion gains health equal to its [DEF].

- Ruby of Ferocity (Minor); [RUBY]: Speed

- Prime Ruby of Intensity (Major); [RUBY][RUBY]: When this troop deals damage to an opposing champion, gain 2 temporary resource points.

- Sapphire of Sky (Minor); [SAPPHIRE][SAPPHIRE]: Flight

- Prime Sapphire of Mind (Major); [SAPPHIRE][SAPPHIRE]: When this troop deals damage to a champion, draw a card.

- Wild Orb of Conservation (Minor); [WILD][WILD]: Spellshield

- Prime Wild Orb of Strength (Major); [WILD]: When this troop enters play, target troop you control has +[ATK]/+[DEF] each equal to this troops [ATK] and [DEF] this turn.

- Prime Wild Orb of Dominance (Major); [WILD][WILD]: When this troop deals damage to a champion, create a Rhinoceros and put it into play.

Easier to read Gem List:
Blood:
[B]Prime Blood Orb of Brutality (Major) - [B]: When this troop enters play, it deals damage equal to its [ATK] to target champion.

Diamond:
[B]Diamond of Lifedrain (Minor) - [D][D]: Lifedrain
Prime Diamond of Endurance (Major) - [D]: When this troop enters play, your champion gains health equal to its [DEF].

Ruby:
Ruby of Ferocity (Minor) - [R]: Speed
Prime Ruby of Intensity (Major) - [R][R]: When this troop deals damage to an opposing champion, gain 2 temporary resource points.

Sapphire:
Sapphire of Sky (Minor) - [S][S]: Flight
Prime Sapphire of Mind (Major) - [S][S]: When this troop deals damage to a champion, draw a card.

Wild:
Wild Orb of Conservation (Minor) - [W][W]: Spellshield
Prime Wild Orb of Strength (Major) - [W]: When this troop enters play, target troop you control has +[ATK]/+[DEF] each equal to this troops [ATK] and [DEF] this turn.
Prime Wild Orb of Dominance (Major) - [W][W]: When this troop deals damage to a champion, create a Rhinoceros and put it into play.

Edswor
10-25-2013, 10:21 AM
I think these gems are "better" (no so overpowered as before) and will make "small" but great additions to the cards.

Icepick
10-25-2013, 10:22 AM
These aren't all the gems, just all the gems currently working, so while they have obviously been changed since there are new gems in there, it doesn't necessarily mean the resource destruction gem is gone. Also, some of the gems have double thresholds now, which is interesting. I'm a big fan of the Rhino gem, personally!

jtatta
10-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Well considering we have Demolition already in game, I think we can deduce that the gem would function properly. I think it's safe to say that they removed it. But sure, we do only have half of the gems.

Indormi
10-25-2013, 10:30 AM
About the resource destruction gem, I think is safe to assume that it is going to be double threshold which means that to play eldricht dream we will need 2 sapphires and 2 rubys which is quite de cost. It will still be very strong, but if shards of fate is a non-basic resource(ie 4 max per deck) there is not that much threshold fixing in sapphire or ruby. (The artifact that did it may be change and the card that does it in ruby is kinda bad).

Edit: this also goes for the other cards. Adding a double threshold of the other color on top of a duo threshold is really hards in multicolored decks. So is not going to be that easy to play this creatures.

Icepick
10-25-2013, 10:37 AM
Well considering we have Demolition already in game, I think we can deduce that the gem would function properly. I think it's safe to say that they removed it. But sure, we do only have half of the gems.

The Rhino gem is there, but Crash of Beasts doesn't work. *shrug*

jtatta
10-25-2013, 10:39 AM
The Rhino gem is there, but Crash of Beasts doesn't work. *shrug*

Which could mean 1 of 3 things:

1.)Crash of Beasts works now
2.)The Rhino gem doesn't work even though they claim it does
3.)I'm wrong and the resource destruction gem exists and isn't in game yet.

houjix
10-25-2013, 10:41 AM
About the resource destruction gem, I think is safe to assume that it is going to be double threshold which means that to play eldricht dream we will need 2 sapphires and 2 rubys which is quite de cost. It will still be very strong, but if shards of fate is a non-basic resource(ie 4 max per deck) there is not that much threshold fixing in sapphire or ruby. (The artifact that did it may be change and the card that does it in ruby is kinda bad).

Edit: this also goes for the other cards. Adding a double threshold of the other color on top of a duo threshold is really hards in multicolored decks. So is not going to be that easy to play this creatures.

The Gems aren't adding to the threshold cost to play the card, it adds an ability to the card that will be active if that threshold is active.

Icepick
10-25-2013, 10:44 AM

Well don't get me wrong, I hope the resource destruction gem is gone too. A deck filled with socket troops and RD gems is going to make for some very unfun games for anyone forced to play against it.

Zomnivore
10-25-2013, 11:10 AM
I don't think resource destruction is particularly unfun.

Not any more than a locked board state or some other wall you have to solve for.

Svenn
10-25-2013, 11:12 AM
The Gems aren't adding to the threshold cost to play the card, it adds an ability to the card that will be active if that threshold is active.
Hmm, here's an interesting question... is this on top of the existing Threshold or is it a separate threshold for the ability? For example, Eldritch Dream requires 2 Sapphire Threshold to play. If you socket it with Prime Sapphire of Mind that requires 2 threshold... does the gem become active at 2 or 4 Sapphire Threshold?

Vengus
10-25-2013, 11:16 AM

Crash of Beasts doesn't work, just tested.

jtatta
10-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Hmm, here's an interesting question... is this on top of the existing Threshold or is it a separate threshold for the ability? For example, Eldritch Dream requires 2 Sapphire Threshold to play. If you socket it with Prime Sapphire of Mind that requires 2 threshold... does the gem become active at 2 or 4 Sapphire Threshold?

Two. That's detailed in how gems work on the main page.

SomeoneRandom
10-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Prime Diamond of Endurance (Major) - [D]: When this troop enters play, your champion gains health equal to its [DEF].

So glad this is defense and not cost... Opens up a lot more control decks now that Diamond/Blood isn't automatically the best.

ossuary
10-25-2013, 11:57 AM

Two. That's detailed in how gems work on the main page.

Exactly. Each individual ability can have its own threshold cost to be available, but those costs are not cumulative, it's just an individual requirement for that individual ability.

IndigoShade
10-25-2013, 12:12 PM
After seeing several comments about Eldritch Dream here, I just wanted to point out that he's no longer unblockable. I think he was clearly OP as an unblockable 3/3 with a major gem socket. I just wish they would have made him a 1/1 and left the unblockable part.

Aradon
10-25-2013, 01:21 PM
After seeing several comments about Eldritch Dream here, I just wanted to point out that he's no longer unblockable. I think he was clearly OP as an unblockable 3/3 with a major gem socket. I just wish they would have made him a 1/1 and left the unblockable part.

I had just noticed this myself. A bit disappointing, but I can't disagree that it was a bit unbalanced. Still, a 4-mana 3/3 flier isn't too awful.

the_artic_one
10-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Been watching KroanNL play Dream and he still seems to be unblockable. The text might just be bugged.

Aradon
10-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Well, the text's no longer on his card. Whether functionality was updated or not, I don't know. The AI failed to block him, but hanged shortly after.

KiraForce
10-25-2013, 06:11 PM
They said all functional gems were added. Meaning, to me, there will be more coming. Especially since there is no minor Blood gem