PDA

View Full Version : Gems Now Available

Shaqattaq
10-25-2013, 11:35 AM
With patch 812-B, we’ve implemented Socketing into the game and you can begin customizing your cards with gems. For those of you that may need a primer on what these gems do, you can visit our Socketed Cards web page.

http://hextcg.com/gems-now-available/

LargoLaGrande
10-25-2013, 11:57 AM
RIP Stone Rain gem. And battle gem.

Leingod
10-25-2013, 12:17 PM
Well, outside of losing stone rain gem (which was probably going to be too good) and battle gem, looks really nice. I think the minor gems in particular are much better now thanks to some stronger effects on the double threshold versions.

NemesiN
10-25-2013, 12:25 PM
I am assuming that this interface was tossed together for the sake of being able to test the socket system and the gems in general. I have a few recommendations.
Make it so the interface automatically pops up when you are adding the card in, kind of like a gateway. You can just have the card displayed in the center of the screen with the 5 colors of gems displayed outwards in a star formation. Each line would, going outwards, be minor - major, in that order. The player could click and drag a gem to the card to socket it and then it would add it to your deck with that socket or they can just double click the card and it would add it "naked".
Also, I don't know if your card text is currently dynamic, but I would definitely like the see the Gem effect text replace the [Socketable Minor] text on the card.

Cory_Jones
10-26-2013, 02:13 AM
I am assuming that this interface was tossed together for the sake of being able to test the socket system and the gems in general. I have a few recommendations.
Make it so the interface automatically pops up when you are adding the card in, kind of like a gateway. You can just have the card displayed in the center of the screen with the 5 colors of gems displayed outwards in a star formation. Each line would, going outwards, be minor - major, in that order. The player could click and drag a gem to the card to socket it and then it would add it to your deck with that socket or they can just double click the card and it would add it "naked".
Also, I don't know if your card text is currently dynamic, but I would definitely like the see the Gem effect text replace the [Socketable Minor] text on the card.

this is correct, its not final (not even close)

FeelNFine
10-26-2013, 03:25 AM
Yay for gaining a permanent 1/1 permanently! :P

In all seriousness it all looks and sounds good, though I am a bit surprised that flash is a 1 threshold minor gem. I'll be curious to see how the table holds up into beta.

Edit: Oh, and thank you for letting us socket copies of the same card differently within the same deck, that's a big positive for me!

NemesiN
10-26-2013, 03:30 AM
I am really excited to get my chops into this game. The amount of creativity that is expressed with the mere concepts at hand is insane. Breaking off the shackles of the physical medium opens up so many opportunities. Keep up the good work and I will make sure to throw in my ideas whenever I have the chance. It is great to see that you guys actually read the forums and care about your customer base, even before the game is released. You are the man Cory.

Norious
10-28-2013, 12:15 PM
I wonder if there will ever be a chance that the devs would offer some powerful gems that were chasable only via playing the game. It seems to me such an opportunity as a game design, but thats me. I understand the decision to make gems a free option for all. I wouldn't change a thing at this point. Maybe think about ultra rare gems that are used up after a game (like a lotus flower) that can only be found as rare rewards for tourneys, raids, primal packs, completing an equipment set or special achievement, etc.

Just a thought

BigDog
10-28-2013, 02:26 PM
I wonder if there will ever be a chance that the devs would offer some powerful gems that were chasable only via playing the game. It seems to me such an opportunity as a game design, but thats me. I understand the decision to make gems a free option for all. I wouldn't change a thing at this point. Maybe think about ultra rare gems that are used up after a game (like a lotus flower) that can only be found as rare rewards for tourneys, raids, primal packs, completing an equipment set or special achievement, etc.

Just a thought

If this were the case, i hope that it would be a "PVE-only" scenario.

Cory_Jones
11-05-2013, 07:15 PM
We have talked about PVE only gems, and I love the idea, but I love EVERY idea that finds us more design space
In the end I would say… if you can imagine it AND its fun, it will probably make its way into HEX eventually
SO keep the good ideas coming!

Derringer
11-11-2013, 01:26 AM
So, question about thresholds.

For instance, with eldritch dream with a prime sapphire of mind:

Cost: 4 (SS)
Gem: SS

If I have 4 resources (SSDD), I can cast it and get the effect of the gem. My intuition was that I would need a whopping 4 sapphire. However, I only need two according to my experience in the alpha. So, is this a glitch, or are gem thresholds not "additive (such that the dreamer would need four sapphire to play with the gem)"?

Eierdotter
11-11-2013, 02:49 AM
threshholdrequirements for gems are not added to the cards threshhold
it is seperated
so in your scenario you have (SS); (SS)
with (SSDD) both requirements are made for the card and the gem.