PDA

View Full Version : Buccaneer MUST target a troop

Malakili
10-25-2013, 01:05 PM
Although the card reads that when the Buccaneer comes into play you MAY return a troop to it's owners hand, as currently implemented you are given no choice and you MUST return a troop to it's owners hand. This is true even if the Buccaneer himself is just put into play as the only troop on the field, and immediately you must bounce him back out in order to move on with the game.

SomeoneRandom
10-25-2013, 01:46 PM
I think and hope that this is a text bug and not a functionality bug, you should have to bounce something IMO.

Malakili
10-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Also, it appears I accidentally posted in this in the alpha forum instead of the bug report forum, can someone please move it?

Vorpal
10-25-2013, 02:44 PM
Why would you *have* to bounce something? There's already a sapphire card where you must bounce something (of yours), the devoted emissary.

A 2/2 for 3 isn't strong enough to warrant a drawback of being unable to be played on an otherwise empty board, or being forced to bounce another of your own troops back to hand and increase its cost.

Errantsquire
10-26-2013, 02:56 AM
Why would you *have* to bounce something? There's already a sapphire card where you must bounce something (of yours), the devoted emissary.

A 2/2 for 3 isn't strong enough to warrant a drawback of being unable to be played on an otherwise empty board, or being forced to bounce another of your own troops back to hand and increase its cost.

It depends on the intent of the card. I fond memories of Flametounge Kavu a 4/2 that would deal 4 damage to a creature when it entered play however if it was the only creature in play it would simply deal it to itself which made it less than optimal at times.

mudkip
10-26-2013, 09:47 AM
I think and hope that this is a text bug and not a functionality bug, you should have to bounce something IMO.

I agree, I like it.

The wording should be a bit clearer on a number of cards. I hope CZE get a better wording standard.

Malakili
10-26-2013, 10:51 AM
If it's a text bug it is a pretty big oversight, since it says you MAY, and the next sentence begins with "If you do..."