PDA

View Full Version : Can't View Game

stavie33
10-25-2013, 02:09 PM
I just downloaded the game and was messing with the full screen option because the game wouldn't fit to my screen. When I selected full screen, my screen goes black and the login music still plays. Hitting tab still gets to the different options but I have no way of getting the screen back. I've tried repairing and reinstalling the game. Any tips?

jetah
10-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I wondered why the "apply fullscreen" didn't have a 15 second timeout and then revert changes.

I'm not seeing a config that would allow you to change the resolution in the HEX folder. I'll check another place.

So I checked the AppData folder and didnt even see HEX or CZE folder. So I have no clue where the resolution settings are stored.

GhundiPI
10-25-2013, 05:54 PM
If I remember correctly, I found the video settings in the registry. I'm unable to check now, but if you are familiar with editing the registry, look for Hex or Cryptozoic and it should come up. As usual, if you are unfamiliar with the registry, please ask for assistence from someone who knows about it.

I'll be happy to add a guide here, but that will be in the morning unfortunately. Or maybe someone else is able to do that sooner.

stavie33
10-26-2013, 04:07 PM
Tried looking for the registry, realized I had no idea what I was doing and got nowhere. If you could come up with a guide, it'd be much appreciated!

Mr.Funsocks
10-26-2013, 08:08 PM
alt+enter doesn't work?

stavie33
10-26-2013, 10:55 PM
Mr.Funsocks, I love you.

Mr.Funsocks
10-27-2013, 12:26 AM
Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best <3

GhundiPI
10-27-2013, 02:03 AM
Now that sounds a whole lot better than registry editing, great solution!

jetah
10-28-2013, 05:57 PM
For those that wanna know:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptozoic\HEX

There are 2 entries of ResolutionX_h<numbers> and ResolutionY_h<numbers>

oddly enough our saved login name is here too -.-

Also CZE I have 4 "Invalid DWORD (32-bit value)" Data entries
MasterVolume
MusicVolume
SfxVolume
Sound

waradiyn
11-19-2013, 06:37 PM
Just want to add that I just had this problem as well. Just downloaded the game, loaded it up, noticed it was a pretty small window and tried fullscreen. Instant crash and would not load up the game at all afterwords, even after a "repair installation". It constantly crashed as soon as it tried to start loading data and would send the crash report to the folder. In order to fix this, I had to go into the registry editor and change the fullscreen back to 0 from 1. I don't know that a 15 second check would have even worked because it immediately went to the "Oops! ..." pop-up and game closed down.

jetah
11-19-2013, 07:33 PM
Just want to add that I just had this problem as well. Just downloaded the game, loaded it up, noticed it was a pretty small window and tried fullscreen. Instant crash and would not load up the game at all afterwords, even after a "repair installation". It constantly crashed as soon as it tried to start loading data and would send the crash report to the folder. In order to fix this, I had to go into the registry editor and change the fullscreen back to 0 from 1. I don't know that a 15 second check would have even worked because it immediately went to the "Oops! ..." pop-up and game closed down.

I think the 15s check should happen before it does "oops i cant stand you *closes*".

Odd that a repair doesn't reset the registry..