PDA

View Full Version : Undo / Revert choice / "do not accept" / button?

Hieronymous
10-26-2013, 10:55 AM
Presumably there must be some command to "undo" a selection after I've made it but before I've clicked the "accept" button -- otherwise there wouldn't be any purpose in the "accept" button existing, right? I'm getting extremely annoyed because I'll mis-click on things and can't figure out how to go "whoops, no" like I would in a physical game?

Before this last patch I could just hit "escape" and then deny the "concede" option, but I can't figure out how to do it now. Little help please?

Thanks!

Mr.Funsocks
10-26-2013, 11:01 AM
Yeah, happened to me a half dozen times. A "cancel that" button for when you targeted the wrong thing, or clicked on the wrong card, would be nice...

Shepherd74
10-26-2013, 11:15 AM
I thought you used to be able to click on the original card to cancel. But I could not do that yesterday.

Idus
10-26-2013, 12:48 PM
I agree there needs to be something in there, as either user error or game lag has caused me to quite a few time go "oops, that wasn't what I wanted to do" but could not back out.

Grissnap
10-26-2013, 08:08 PM
so many roostersaurs sacrificed just as I am about to deal the final blow....

Gorgol
10-26-2013, 08:36 PM
I thought you used to be able to click on the original card to cancel. But I could not do that yesterday.

yeah seems they removed that option for some reason

Ravallian
10-26-2013, 09:25 PM
I think it was mistakenly remove or a bug as you definitely need that Un-target button!

Badgered
10-26-2013, 09:31 PM
Yep. Would very much like a "cancel" button.

Elementalist
10-26-2013, 09:35 PM
You use to be able to hit esc then no, and that would cancel it. Now you can't due to a "bug" fix. So make sure you meant to click on the card you want to activate, at least till they change it back.

Soldack
10-27-2013, 12:13 PM
+1...... nah +10000000000000000000000

Harmonica
10-27-2013, 12:24 PM
always people with those "suggestions" in alpha. as if there wont be an option to undo stuff prior to hitting that pass priority button. you guys are mistaking the alpha for a beta again. the game is not ready and there are not all features available.

funktion
10-27-2013, 12:31 PM
Even if they add something, in the end this is going to take some getting used to for people. It did for me with MTGO. When you're playing paper tcg's it is pretty easy to do take backs or say you used the wrong resource etc, but you'll just have to get used to your choices being more permanent.

Sure they could add a "is that your final answer button" but then what if people want "is that really your final answer?" as well.

People will get used to it pretty quickly over time, and they'll actually become better players than they would have otherwise.

Marsden
10-27-2013, 12:32 PM
always people with those "suggestions" in alpha. as if there wont be an option to undo stuff prior to hitting that pass priority button. you guys are mistaking the alpha for a beta again. the game is not ready and there are not all features available.

It was there before the last patch.

Hieronymous
10-27-2013, 07:14 PM
It was there before the last patch.

Yeah, I was just asking what the new button for it was. I assumed they'd just changed the control settings or something.

Badger
10-27-2013, 07:44 PM
A simple right click is all that is required to cancel.

Hieronymous
10-28-2013, 07:59 AM
A simple right click is all that is required to cancel.

I went in and tested this. I could've sworn when I posted the thread that there was no such option -- I distinctly remember right and left clicking all over the place -- but now it appears left click does actually cancel at least some actions (right click just zooms into the card). Maybe it was patched in? Or maybe there's some sort of bug?

MatWith1T
10-28-2013, 08:36 AM
Sure they could add a "is that your final answer button" but then what if people want "is that really your final answer?" as well.

Yup - thats what this game needs... more confirmations.
Soon: Are you SURE you want to Pass Priority? :p

TheBokononist
10-28-2013, 01:07 PM
so many roostersaurs sacrificed just as I am about to deal the final blow....

Hahaha, same here. I also had a situation where I accidently started to activate the permanent flying champ ability when my opponent was the only one with a creature out.... I was very sad.

Kersed
10-30-2013, 01:58 AM
I have had it cancle by pressing escape and then not quitting the game