PDA

View Full Version : Singleton: call to arms

funktion
10-27-2013, 02:10 AM
This is really just a call to arms for anyone else out there. I really enjoy playing 60 card and 100 card singleton. If you happen to be online and want to play some singleton shoot me a whisper. Maybe anyone else here who enjoys the format can reply and I can start a list of people who wanna play?

Anyhow right now with such a limited card pool, we've been doing (really just for the time being):

60cs anything
100cs (must have 10 resources of at least 3 different colors)

What I love about singleton is that you come across a lot of interactions which you wouldn't normally find in typical constructed games. You get to play with a lot of cards which you might not normally get to (I've been wanting to goof around with incubation slave myself). Finally, there is much more variation in how the games play out... with typical constructed matchups you end up feeling like you are playing the same game over and over some times.

Anyone else enjoy singleton?

LargoLaGrande
10-27-2013, 11:28 AM
I haven't really been playing the Alpha since a lot of the cards I wanted to try out keep showing up as 2 and 3 ofs in my collection, but I would be down for a few games of singleton.

Errantsquire
10-28-2013, 05:02 AM
I'll have to hit you up sometime w/ a singleton Funktion. It'd make for a great stream especially a 100card one as the decks actually reflect the amount of cards in them.

Zarien
10-29-2013, 01:52 AM
Hmm, I'll make a singleton deck later today and hit you up.

Kingmax
10-29-2013, 07:44 AM
I like the idea but did not build a deck so far but you can count me in.

Fachxphyre
11-22-2013, 04:08 PM
One of my favorite MtG game types is EDH, so I'd love to see something similar implemented, with singleton being a decent substitute at this time. Count me in, name in-game is "Fachxphyre". Crazy coincidence, no?