PDA

View Full Version : Fix for missing cards

hammer
10-27-2013, 02:52 PM
This is a very simple fix to prevent losing cards from your collection or to restore all the cards.

1) Log out.
2) Reboot Client.
3) Enter Username and then wait at least 25 seconds
4) Enter Password.
5) Hit Login Button Do not press enter - Actually Click Login!

That's it works every time and is reproducible. The fast you enter the password the less cards you have :D

Shadowelf
10-27-2013, 06:59 PM
Confirmed, worked for me, thanks hammer :)

Zahmet
10-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Not working for me. Not sure I have the exact same problem as others tho, I seem to have most cards, but I'm missing Shards and Gems (no gems at all, and only some White, Red and Blue shards, 10-20 each)

knightofeffect
10-27-2013, 10:27 PM
This is the best thread I have yet to read on these forums. Excellent work Hammer, solved my issues. I think this should also give the team a huge lead on what the problem is if they didn't know it already =)

I would upvote this thread as much as I possibly could, made my week.

Seph454
10-27-2013, 11:15 PM
this worked for me. People thought you had to enter a wrong password but all that was actually doing was taking up time which is apparently what you need to fix this issue

Verdant
10-27-2013, 11:50 PM
This is some sort of weird black magic, but it works. Tried it quite a few times in the morning with a stopwatch, looks like my client needs 30+ seconds to "load" cards.

hex_colin
10-28-2013, 12:32 AM
This is some sort of weird black magic, but it works. Tried it quite a few times in the morning with a stopwatch, looks like my client needs 30+ seconds to "load" cards.

Not black magic, just a side effect of the code they added in the last patch to ensure that all accounts had all of the available cards. :)

hacky
10-28-2013, 01:09 AM
+1 A+++ would test fix again

Seriously, I probably should have looked for a fix here sooner, I've been bothered by this all week.

mudkip
10-28-2013, 06:15 AM
Worked for me.

Are there only 254 (including resources) cards in game? I thought they said there was only 50 cards missing, not 100?

hammer
10-28-2013, 06:32 AM
Worked for me.

Are there only 254 (including resources) cards in game? I thought they said there was only 50 cards missing, not 100?

I am not sure of the correct figure but yes around 250 if you exclude the tokens and champions. There are still lots of cards to be added from SET1. I like this though as it keeps the alpha fresh as new cards are added to shift the top tier decks. Highlights missing include.

Vampire King
Zombie Plague
Uruunaz
Ozawa Cosmic Elder
Comet Strike
Reginald Lancashire
The Kraken
Eye of Creation
Jadiim
Xarlox the Brood Lord

SomeoneRandom
10-28-2013, 06:50 AM
This is interesting, and actually makes sense why after changing passwords people are losing cards. Now that I know my password by heart and type it a hundred times a day plus the "remember me" button I am out of the login page in a second and have no cards =]

Hopefully this fixes my new account.

Shadowelf
10-28-2013, 07:07 AM
This most probably works because as of the latest patch notes;

- When you log in, your collection will be compared to a master list of available cards. If you are missing any cards they should now be replaced.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=29169

so i you login too fast your collection isn't properly compared to that master list of cards, and thus cards are missing

Kudos to hammer for catching this up :)

Synesthesia
10-28-2013, 09:23 AM
+1, this is very relevant/ helpful

Verdant
10-28-2013, 09:32 AM
so i you login too fast your collection isn't properly compared to that master list of cards, and thus cards are missing
So they tried to fix a bug with missing cards and thus created another instance of a bug with missing cards? Oh my, I do appreciate a good irony. Alpha is nothing short of amusing ^_^

hammer
10-28-2013, 09:36 AM
So they tried to fix a bug with missing cards and thus created another instance of a bug with missing cards? Oh my, I do appreciate a good irony. Alpha is nothing short of amusing ^_^

To be honest I think the two are unrelated. The delay I recommend to implement is before you login not after. Seems the client needs to fully load or something, the checking of the collection due to the patch must be once youve actually tried to login.

Damascus
10-28-2013, 11:20 AM
Awesome, this fix worked for me, thanks.

RoyHarper
10-28-2013, 01:08 PM
This did not really "fix" the problem on my account. After you build simply one deck and save, most of the cards in the set disappear, and you must go through all this again.