PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Login to Alpha

NastyNate
10-28-2013, 10:37 PM
I've been playing the Alpha without any serious problems until last night. For some reason, I am no longer able to login on the game client. I enter my information and receive a message a few seconds later saying that login failed. I haven't changed any of my account information, including the password. Can one of the mods please help me? Has anyone else experienced this issue? Thanks.

Zarien
10-29-2013, 12:26 AM
did you have a space in your password or something? I can't think of any reason you would randomly not be able to access it outside of changing account info unless you have capslock or something enagaged by accident, i dont know.

Shadowelf
10-29-2013, 03:04 AM
There are reports in this thread of people saying that repair solved the issue

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=28796&page=12

NastyNate
10-29-2013, 12:08 PM
Just updated with the new patch and I still have the same issue. I haven't changed any of my login info and I'm certain I'm typing everything in correctly. It keeps giving me the "Login Failed" message.

NastyNate
10-29-2013, 12:28 PM
Ok, just got it to work. I think there might have been a mistake with my password. Thanks for the help!

Zedd
10-29-2013, 07:57 PM
One thing I noticed when I changed my password is that there seems to be a character limit on whatever function they're using to hash our passwords. I attempted to change it to a 24 character password, and after doing so, could not log in. I eventually discovered that by truncating my new password to 15 characters, I could log in. So that's evidently the password they stored in the db (hashed, I sincerely hope).