PDA

View Full Version : An idea with the Deck Builder.

Mahes
10-29-2013, 07:23 AM
This has probably been mentioned a few times and if so, sorry. Is there anyway that we can change how the deck builder loads the cards?

Could we make it where the slate is clean when we enter the deck builder zone. Allow a player to use the search/check parameter to actuate the card display as the player needs to. It takes too long for the program to load every card. Also, if there are display bugs it makes it much easier to reset the UI by backing out and coming back in. I can only imagine that having every card load up upon entering the zone will only get worse as more sets become available.

Thankyou

Vengus
10-29-2013, 09:15 AM
I agree it would probably be easier for the server if instead of the deck builder loading every card, it allows us to enter the search parameters before loading the cards. This would pretty much become a requirement eventually because like you said it would only get worse when more cards are released. Heck, such a change might even solve a few pass priority bugs. (If they are caused by serverload that is).

Svenn
10-29-2013, 09:56 AM
I agree it would probably be easier for the server if instead of the deck builder loading every card, it allows us to enter the search parameters before loading the cards. This would pretty much become a requirement eventually because like you said it would only get worse when more cards are released. Heck, such a change might even solve a few pass priority bugs. (If they are caused by serverload that is).
Well, the long part of the loading is the game loading all of the card art. This is not related to server load at all. The only thing it should be doing is sending a list of all the cards you own (and I'm not even sure it's doing that right now) when you first load it up and saving decks once they are created. This shouldn't really affect server load at all.

As for the idea itself, I could see this helping some people but I'm not sure how well it would work. It seems like it tries to load the art for every card as soon as you load it up even if you filter out most of them anyway. You can tell by loading it up and immediately putting in a filter to show only a couple cards, then watch how long it takes for those couple cards to get their art up. Instead of loading the filtered card's art first it seems to try and load the art in whatever order it wants. I think once everything is working and they actually get to optimize things this will speed up.

Mahes
10-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Ok, how about an "Option" for a player to setup how the reveal works upon entering the Deck Build zone. It can be a simple "Highlight Check" that either allows for all cards to be entered or for no cards to be entered.

I know which one I would use.

FLOWDANGO
10-30-2013, 02:20 PM
I can support this idea, because my actions when I go into the Deck Builder is right to the side to select what I want to see.