PDA

View Full Version : HEX Alpha Patch Notes - 813

Shaqattaq
10-29-2013, 10:04 AM
HEX Patch Notes v0.813 10/29/13

General
- We have been having an issue where the Pass Priority bar was not appearing in matches which made them impossible to complete. We have fixed the known causes of this problem. If this happens to you in a game versus another player please report it on the Alpha bug forums.
- Improved server stability.
- [ESC] now properly brings up the concede window when you have priority.
- Players will now receive a complete collection on log in, and should never see a partial collection in the card manager.

Chat
- When your friends are online they will appear in the chat box.
- You can click on a friends name to send a whisper.
Gems
- Blood Orb of Ferocity now correctly grants Rage 1.
- Diamond of Duty now correctly grants +1[ATK] / +1[DEF].
- Prime Diamond of Solidarity now correctly grants +1[ATK] / +1[DEF] to all your troops when he damages a champion.
- Gems now have the correct shard icons in their game text.
- Gems now display the correct shard icons on the socket area of a card.

Cards
- Troops with Lifedrain now correctly award health when they deal damage to a champion.
- Construction Plans: War Hulk is now functioning properly.
- New Card! - Construction Plans: Inspiration Engine

New Known Issues
- The gameplay tool tips from the Gem selection window have temporarily vanished.

Soldack
10-29-2013, 10:06 AM
HEX Patch Notes v0.813 – 10/29/13

General
- We have been having an issue where the Pass Priority bar was not appearing in matches which made them impossible to complete. We have fixed the known causes of this problem. If this happens to you in a game versus another player please report it on the Alpha bug forums.

- New Card! - Construction Plans: Inspiration Engine

WOOT and DOUBLE WOOT

Vengus
10-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Oooh, Inspiration Engine. Gonna be fun to see it in action, if only they weren't dead before they got the chance to use it. :p

Shadowspawn
10-29-2013, 10:29 AM
Is it possible to know what the "known" pass priority issues were for two reasons:

1) To ensure those issues are indeed fixed
2) To try and understand any patterns on the ones fixed (which could help future reporting be more specific and helpful on this issue)

P

BlueAvocado
10-29-2013, 10:45 AM
Is it possible to know what the "known" pass priority issues were for two reasons:

1) To ensure those issues are indeed fixed
2) To try and understand any patterns on the ones fixed (which could help future reporting be more specific and helpful on this issue)

P

It had to do with messaging between the client and server. The only way to really test is to play games.

Reldan
10-29-2013, 10:49 AM
Yeah, the priority stuff happened so randomly that I can only imagine that it was due to a background process running asynchronously that could get itself stuck due to network or server issues.

Shadowspawn
10-29-2013, 10:51 AM
It had to do with messaging between the client and server. The only way to really test is to play games.

Ok, so can you suggest the best practice to report future priority bugs? Is it simply to list which cards were out and what was on the stack when the error occurred? is it helpful to note anything else?

Zarien
10-29-2013, 10:52 AM
I made CZEpaladon aware of it today. But life drain creatures were gaining life (x2) when blocking other creatures as well. Has that been fixed?

Vorpal
10-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Hooray for war hulks!

Great job, guys :)

Xenavire
10-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Great news, and a fantastic sounding patch. At this rate the game will be near-flawless by the time all the waves are sent. And the addition of new features and cards seem to be coming along nicely too.

I doubt it needs to be said, but great job everyone who has been working so hard on Hex.

Typhon
10-29-2013, 11:20 AM
What What! Patch Day!

See you all online in 1 hour (that's when I get home .. not implying that it will take an hour to patch)!

Maphalux
10-29-2013, 11:27 AM
I was really hoping for a fix to champion powers. /sadface

Everything seems to be really smooth now though. Turns are passing without a hitch. No freezing games, as of yet.

Vengus
10-29-2013, 11:59 AM
One bug and one bugfix so far:

1: The chatbox sometimes disappears.

2: Prime Ruby of Destruction got fixed aswell. it's not in the patch notes.

hammer
10-29-2013, 12:30 PM
wow - what happened to the victory screen !

ctzn99
10-29-2013, 12:37 PM
Actually just got the missing priority bar again in an AI fight against Kranok when he went to use his character ability. Admittedly this is the farthest i've been able to get in an AI game (and was able to complete a handful of them).

incitfulmonk21
10-29-2013, 01:05 PM
Sadly now every time I quit Hex the next time I try and log in the game won't let me. I have to repair each time to be able to play again.

Damascus
10-29-2013, 02:28 PM
great job with the priorty bug fix, that was the biggest issue imo

mudkip
10-29-2013, 03:07 PM
...If this happens to you in a game versus another player please report it on the Alpha bug forums.

What about vs AI? Is that fixed too?

Kilo24
10-29-2013, 03:54 PM
What about vs AI? Is that fixed too?

Evidently not (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=29435).

And evidently all sources of the PVP priority soft-lock aren't fixed either (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=29455).

mudkip
10-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Boo-urns.

Mejis
10-29-2013, 04:45 PM
Great job at pumping out the regular updates!

Morden
10-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Actually just got the missing priority bar again in an AI fight against Kranok when he went to use his character ability. Admittedly this is the farthest i've been able to get in an AI game (and was able to complete a handful of them).

Yep, that just happened to me now :(

Well, at least, playing versus other players seems WAY more stable now.. I can finally finish almost all my games. Still some freeze here and there, but major improvement so ; Good job!