PDA

View Full Version : Set 1 meta

Wodahs
10-29-2013, 05:58 PM
Hextcgpro is doing a great job of analysing the tier 1 alpha decks/cards that define the metagame(fist, wild root, extinction, etc.). But I haven't found discussions of what will be some of the not officially released but spoiled set 1 cards that will shape the metagame ( the white angel for example). Any guild/blog/forum where this discussion is going on?

jtatta
10-29-2013, 08:31 PM
If that's something that you want to read about, I can publish an article on hextcgpro about it. I just need to go back over the spoiler in depth again. Honestly, the reason I haven't done it yet was because the cards aren't exactly "official" yet and didn't want to talk about them before they're live.

Wodahs
10-29-2013, 09:35 PM
That sounds great. A suggestion : an article on the top 10 cards (and/or potentially combos) that will most likely define the metagame once the full set is out.

It would be cool if it involved statistics, like % of a turn 3/4/5 Fist in a mono-Wild vs % chance of free casting an angel as mono Diamond on turn 2/3/4, because many players will have confirmation bias when looking at a potential bomb and say "wow a 4/4 flying on turn 2, that's so OP" and either play it all the time or complain about it a lot. Perceptions can be wrong, statistical analysis can't. (at least that's my perception of how to analyse cards in Hex).