PDA

View Full Version : UI Suggestion: 20+ troops are tough to see

Trevize
10-31-2013, 06:23 PM
I was testing out an all artifact deck. I used Inspiration Engines and Worker Bot Factories to get a lot of troops out on the board. It worked well, the UI got a little slow but it definitely seemed to handle it. However, it became very hard to see the troops line. I realize this is likely an extreme number of troops but I'd like to suggest that starting at ~8-10 troops they get split into 2 troop lines.

dwebber88
11-01-2013, 08:16 AM
I was testing out an all artifact deck. I used Inspiration Engines and Worker Bot Factories to get a lot of troops out on the board. It worked well, the UI got a little slow but it definitely seemed to handle it. However, it became very hard to see the troops line. I realize this is likely an extreme number of troops but I'd like to suggest that starting at ~8-10 troops they get split into 2 troop lines.

I'm sure they realized this and have thought about it. probably after some more critical fixes they''ll make it more than 1 row with a seperator for troops and constants. Or something that works even better.

hex_colin
11-01-2013, 05:10 PM
I'm sure they realized this and have thought about it. probably after some more critical fixes they''ll make it more than 1 row with a seperator for troops and constants. Or something that works even better.

Last I heard they were looking at ways of stacking similar/identical troops. I'm sure it'll happen when all of the actual bugs are sorted out and the cards have all been scripted.

Trevize
11-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Stacking similar units is a great idea!

I just wanted to get this on their backlog in case it wasn't. I know how these lower priority ideas can fall through the cracks in large software projects.

nicosharp
11-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Last I heard they were looking at ways of stacking similar/identical troops. I'm sure it'll happen when all of the actual bugs are sorted out and the cards have all been scripted.
Hopefully they do this. Having the option for 2 rows of troops, and stacking would be the best solutions to manage the board space. Stacking could have limits as well, like 4-5 cards of a single type would be the highest stack, and they would be slightly off each other so you could click on anyone from the bottom right corner of each card.

This feature is as important as tabs that individuals want for playing multiple games, and or PvE at the same time - in-between turns.