PDA

View Full Version : no update today?

sagar52983
10-31-2013, 08:54 PM
Haven't seen any updates today on the alpha notes. Did I miss something?

butttoots
10-31-2013, 09:07 PM
Haven't seen any updates today on the alpha notes. Did I miss something?

There wasn't one Tuesday either. Getting lazy.

Chiany
10-31-2013, 09:09 PM

I hope you are being sarcastic.

Zarien
10-31-2013, 09:16 PM
Yeah, I mean, cut them a break >_>. It's halloween, and if they actually had more news for us, they would have given it to us. If nothing has changed, no point in an update.

sagar52983
10-31-2013, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I mean, cut them a break >_>. It's halloween, and if they actually had more news for us, they would have given it to us. If nothing has changed, no point in an update.

Halloween is not a holiday...get over it. A break? So let's see they invited people into their testing grounds..locals layers while there are still thousands on the outside that payed for a chance to play...STILL...after 2 months of a missed projection...that still aren't playing.

Not to mention I paid 85 of my hard earned dollars for this. We got down to 1 update a day. That's all we get to look forward to with our funding.

Yea I think I'll take that update NOW.

Forum warriors need not reply, this thread isn't for you. This is off those us left out in the dark still lookin in for something.

beepharoni
10-31-2013, 09:56 PM
Not to mention I paid 85 of my hard earned dollars for this. We got down to 1 update a day. That's all we get to look forward to with our funding.

What exactly did you pay 85 dollars for?

mudkip
10-31-2013, 09:57 PM
I'm pretty sure this thread is satire. Otherwise it would be sad.

Arkaon
10-31-2013, 09:59 PM

You are the reason that the $85 dollar tier isn't in the alpha yet. Your self entitled attitude is what keeps CZE from putting out more invites.

You are exactly the type of person to get into an ALPHA and start telling all their friends how much the game sucks because of how buggy it is.

You want into the Alpha sooner? Be supportive. Show CZE that they don't have to fear their user base turning on them if the game isn't perfect the moment they log in.

As for forum warriors, I still haven't gotten in either, so I am still on the outside looking in. The problem isn't what I see looking in, its the pack of rabid, sniveling, self entitled pieces of crap I see on the outside, crying about how they haven't gotten what they don't deserve.

You paid $85 dollars to support an idea, and in return, CZE is giving you more than $85 worth of assets. You get it when they give it to you, and not a second before.

If you are going to act like a child, you are going to get treated like one.

SealFate
10-31-2013, 09:59 PM
thousands on the outside that payed for a chance to play
Nobody has payed anything, but we did all make donations with the promises of rewards.

An update would only be posted if a 'change' has been made. Before a 'change' is made; research and planning are required. After a 'change' is made a review would follow.
Since a patch was released 2 days ago, there would be a day or two of reviewing the changes. Then from the review if small changes are needed maybe a day for research, planing, changing and posting an update. If a major change is requires add a couple more days.

ChristianLove
10-31-2013, 10:04 PM
Halloween is not a holiday...get over it. A break? So let's see they invited people into their testing grounds..locals layers while there are still thousands on the outside that payed for a chance to play...STILL...after 2 months of a missed projection...that still aren't playing.

Forum warriors need not reply, this thread isn't for you. This is off those us left out in the dark still lookin in for something.

This post.... I am so... Wow.. just Wow. And being labeled a forum warrior for this if I must. I was so taken aback by this, that I almost fell out of my chair. I am so appalled that I can't even type a proper rebuttal.

mightbes
10-31-2013, 10:09 PM
Honestly, I can see him raging just reading those aggressive words.

I understand that CZE is pushing us (People who left out) back by far BUT there's nothing to rage about.

They will be done when they are done, and community will decide on CZE consistency and efficiency.

Zarien
10-31-2013, 10:14 PM

I seriously can't tell if you're just trolling or you genuinely feel so entitled that you think CZE should have a new update for you every day in an Alpha state environment when they don't have an update for you.

CZE has been nothing but transparent about where they are at in their process. You're also faulting them for inviting people to help test their products in their after-hours as well...even though it's a productive use of their time after work? Seriously?

Halloween IS a holiday. Just because you don't get the day off, doesn't mean it's not a holiday. Educate yourself Halloween Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween).

So yes, you didn't get your update today, the CZE employees have lives outside of their work and yet they are still one of the most active and transparent development teams with their community I have personally ever seen. I'm not saying your wrong in voicing your question for an update. But your delivery of your follow-up to your question, is seriously lacking in the social courtesy department.

tl;dr: Be patient, they update when possible, attitude not needed.

Aradon
10-31-2013, 10:35 PM
Here, just pretend my name is Shaqattaq: "We have been steadily working on the alpha client. No major updates to report for today, however."

Because you know that's what the case is. If anything else were the case, they'd have said so. Now you can stop wondering how the daily life at the CZE offices is. Still office-ey. Lots of typing. No date for the next Alpha wave. Didn't need them to tell you that.

On a more serious note, I was super eager to get into the alpha, but now that I've received my invite, I don't find myself playing all that much. I would suggest tempering your eagerness to avoid a big let-down. It's still alpha, and not as exciting as it seems.

butttoots
10-31-2013, 11:04 PM
We'll get a real (hopefully) update tomorrow from the KS. No worries.

Zarien
10-31-2013, 11:24 PM
We'll get a real (hopefully) update tomorrow from the KS. No worries.

This, it didn't even cross my mind to bring this up as well because I have tomorrow off. But OP, you were harping about an update...the night literally before their normal weekly update... *facepalm*

beepharoni
10-31-2013, 11:30 PM
Honestly, I would just ignore him. This is the same person who asked when the next wave of invites was going to get in minutes after the announcement of the 250$ tiers getting their invites.

he is under the impression that he paid for the alpha. But what he needs to learn is that he paid for the FINAL version of the game. Everything that comes before that is icing on the cake.

rcl
11-01-2013, 12:00 AM
After lurking on the boards for a while I had to make a first post here to just say how absolutely ridiculous OP is and how in contrast to the entire rest of the community this person appears to be. Totally ridiculous

valerios
11-01-2013, 01:29 AM
patience is a virtue.
It seems not everybody has this quality :)

Jinxies
11-01-2013, 03:36 AM
I'm just happy he doesn't represent the majority ^__^ If we're all lucky he's grumpy enough to ask for a refund and leave soon ^__^

keroko
11-01-2013, 04:12 AM
Humans create this game.

Some humans have offspring, significant others, friends and family or a desire for that.

We have limited lifespan.

Quality corporations provide a work life balance for their staff; this is especially important when those staff have been under duress from high workload.

Morale is a thing that exists, as is maintenance of group mental health.

Put the rest together.

Xenavire
11-01-2013, 05:19 AM
Dear OP. Halloween is about the only break these people have had since before alpha started. And they were still working, despite the fact it is a holiday for some people.

And guess what? Friday is the big update. Why waste time on a thursday when you can save your 'Things seem fine' speech for a big update that everyone will see?

Shadowelf
11-01-2013, 06:03 AM
patience is a virtue.
It seems not everybody has this quality :)

Yeap that's why it is so appreciated :)

Mahes
11-01-2013, 06:31 AM
To sagar52893:

Alpha is not all it sounds like it might be. If you were in Alpha, you would initially play this game a lot. You would build different decks with different strategies trying out almost all of the cards. This would last maybe 4-5 days. After a while you would notice that many of the fun trick cards are not properly working. You would go to post, only to find that the bugs have already been posted. So after a while you would realize that while the game will be fun in the future, it kind of gets stale fast in its current incarnation.

Will the game be fun as hell when everything is implemented? Yes. Is it as fun as you think it is now? No. You are not missing anything because nothing counts. There is nothing to win or to lose. Many of the features that look to be in the game, still need a lot of fixing. Yes there might be an advantage to playing the cards before others, but that advantage is nullified when Beta starts and everyone is in the game. Beta is not when we get our rewards by the way, open beta is.

Having tested this game, when they say the game is in Alpha, they mean the game is in Alpha.

Chiany
11-01-2013, 06:40 AM
To sagar52893:

Alpha is not all it sounds like it might be. If you were in Alpha, you would initially play this game a lot. You would build different decks with different strategies trying out almost all of the cards. This would last maybe 4-5 days. After a while you would notice that many of the fun trick cards are not properly working. You would go to post, only to find that the bugs have already been posted. So after a while you would realize that while the game will be fun in the future, it kind of gets stale fast in its current incarnation.

Will the game be fun as hell when everything is implemented? Yes. Is it as fun as you think it is now? No. You are not missing anything because nothing counts. There is nothing to win or to lose. Many of the features that look to be in the game, still need a lot of fixing. Yes there might be an advantage to playing the cards before others, but that advantage is nullified when Beta starts and everyone is in the game. Beta is not when we get our rewards by the way, open beta is.

Having tested this game, when they say the game is in Alpha, they mean the game is in Alpha.

Completely agree with this.
I am in the Alpha already, but now I only play for 1 hour tops a day.

After a patch I play some more, but fall back fast.
Beta after KS rewards are given is when the fun starts.

Vengus
11-01-2013, 08:05 AM
I agree with Mahes and Chiany. It gets stale, there isn't much in yet. I had lots of fun when I was looking for a deck that fits my playstyle. Now that I have found that deck, I can't wait to see more game modes and things like that to take my deck in. :p However, playing in the matchmaker against Blood/X control deck number 40 or yet another variation of Wild gets pretty old fast, especially with the current card pool. CRZ certainly isn't slow with updating, they've fixed a lot of things and even got a good amount of gems in already. Also, I don't want to burn myself out on HEX before the game has even started.

dwebber88
11-01-2013, 08:13 AM

You dare. Stop the hate. Have some patience, and maybe realize people that work really hard deserve a nice halloween too!

Ontopic: Nope it was halloween.

Mod: Guess this thread can be closed.

Socks4615
11-01-2013, 08:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8jkz0pdHk8

Stok3d
11-01-2013, 09:49 AM
Updates typically come after 3pm EST on Fridays. Please be patient :)