PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Don't have the Enter key accept priority.

Govir
11-03-2013, 12:02 PM
There have been a few times where I have pressed enter to bring up chat, and simultaneously accepted the Pass Priority button. There needs to be a way do differentiate between wanting to chat and wanting to Pass Priority via the keyboard. Personally I think the space bar is enough for passing priority. Once I'm actually in the chat box, Enter and Space do no also pass priority.

hammer
11-03-2013, 02:30 PM
I hate space being priority because it messes up when chat is open. I like F2 for priority:D

Marsden
11-03-2013, 02:35 PM
I'm going to take a guess that we will be able to configure this to personal taste once the 'Controls' button in options becomes active.

Xenavire
11-03-2013, 02:54 PM
I'm going to take a guess that we will be able to configure this to personal taste once the 'Controls' button in options becomes active.

This would be the most elegant solution. I favour the shift keys as the default though - generally not annoying enough to cause problems, and 2 different keys of choice.

Zarien
11-03-2013, 03:16 PM
This would be the most elegant solution. I favour the shift keys as the default though - generally not annoying enough to cause problems, and 2 different keys of choice.

This, hopefully we can just edit the controls, but I think something like shift would be better. Lord knows I've mulliganed my fair share of hands trying to type to people.

Bossett
11-03-2013, 03:46 PM
I'm not a fan of having weird defaults and letting people fix it themselves with key bindings.

Like it or not, 'Enter' means 'Chat' to a lot of people (esp. MMO players), so maybe just move Pass Priority to 'P' or something that's likely to be relatively intuitive. If chat has focus, all keystrokes should go there anyway, forcing people to hit 'Esc' then 'P' to pass while chatting.

(I do like being able to change my keybindings; sensible defaults just make everything easier.)

XagoTrunk
11-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Remove the enter button from any commands except open chat. Many times I've accidently hit pass priority and even "draw again" during the mulligan phase when I just wanted to open chat.

Kersed
11-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Agree I skip my combat step often trying to chat.

EntropyBall
11-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Yep, no reason for enter to pass priority when space already does.