PDA

View Full Version : Gem news direct from the man himself

havocattack
11-04-2013, 11:04 AM
I asked Cory about gems earlier and any possible limits per deck, here is his response:

"Same as card rules no more than 4 of one gem in a deck" - Cory

This could change but that is obviously the plan for now.

Figured others would also like to know :)

Cheers

HAVOC

ossuary
11-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Hasn't that been the state of things for... I don't know, forever? I'm fairly certain we've known that since even before GenCon. :)

Gwaer
11-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Hasn't that been the state of things for... I don't know, forever? I'm fairly certain we've known that since even before GenCon. :)

Yea, still a lot of people don't know, so there's no harm in the thread. It should be clear this has always been the intended rules for gems the alpha just didn't have the rules in place. So no change here.

ossuary
11-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Ah, I see. I wasn't aware that the alpha wasn't restricting number of gems, since I'm not in yet. :)

heavyhitter86
11-04-2013, 03:27 PM
I didn't realize that ... thanks for the thread.

Damascus
11-05-2013, 07:18 PM
dang, this kind of ruins one of my decks lol

SealFate
11-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Yeah, some players in alpha are running as many of the "When this troop comes into play it deals damage equal to its attack to an opposing Champion." as they can. I try to stick to gemming rules for my decks however there are no Ruby troops with a major gem slot yet and I do like their major gem.

Shadowelf
11-06-2013, 12:26 AM
More gem news (for those asking about pve gems )

We have talked about PVE only gems, and I love the idea, but I love EVERY idea that finds us more design space
In the end I would say… if you can imagine it AND its fun, it will probably make its way into HEX eventually
SO keep the good ideas coming!

Kiven
11-06-2013, 12:30 AM
Sealfate, was thinking of doing the same thing until they nerf it or let it be until someone abuses the method in tourneys. Still, a lot of balancing/breaking to be done =)