PDA

View Full Version : Almost Monumental

RElapse
11-05-2013, 01:13 AM
Out of utter sleep deprived induced curiosity I ventured back to the Hex KS page, and went over the list of rewards and add ons that were offered as part of the incredibly successful campaign.

I know we are in Alpha, and I for one am hopelessly addicted to this game as it stands now, Sure there are bugs, but we knew that going in (well some of us did) but as an Alpha release, Hex is a very exciting and enjoyable game.

Now here's where going over the KS blew my mind, being in alpha I thought this would be a pretty good gauge as to what the launch title will be like, Maybe I am in the minority here, but there is still so much coming that I totally forgot about, we have barley scratched the surface of this game. Everything from "Increased unique sound and particle effects to more cards in the game" to crafting to authenticators to more "play mats", I mean the list goes on and on. Not to mention the novel and Hexcon and KS rewards. This game has so much coming its unreal. I feel kinda stupid now, looking back that I was as impatient as I was to get into alpha (maybe not vocally but I defiantly was)

The shear scale of what Hex is going to be and How much (at least from a users view point) still need to be done, seems an almost monumental task.

Basically what I am trying to say is I was 100% ignorant (or forgot) how huge this game is, and how much is going into it, so like many others I felt frustrated and disconnected by the progress being made (again maybe not vocally but still..) After reading over the KS .......I get it. I would encourage people to do the same. Reinvest in cory's and CZE's vision, its great here, they have pizza.

jetah
11-05-2013, 05:10 AM
I'd say right now HEX has as much content as Hearthstone. But HEX is only about 10% available!

Berkhtar
11-05-2013, 05:58 AM
I'd say right now HEX has as much content as Hearthstone. But HEX is only about 10% available!

Ehm... HS is polished. Hex is everything but polished.

Anyway: 2 completely different games. Both make fun.

I do not see set 1 being that much more complex than HS frankly spoken. At the moment Hex is basically as complex as Magic 20 years ago. Once we get champion-powers, mercs etc. it will improve I think.

Shadowelf
11-05-2013, 06:08 AM
Yeap the jouney that will eventually be Hex has just begun with Alpha; in addition to what KS unlocked, Cory's mind is bursting with ideas. He often says that he has a huge list of stuff yet to come...

In the words of Phil Cahiwat, co-founder of level-up

Cory has been kind of to let me in on the content development pipeline and I can tell you, there’s enough on there right now that if they stopped thinking of new stuff tomorrow, my newborn will still be seeing new content when he starts playing.

Ebynfel
11-05-2013, 07:11 AM
Yeap the jouney that will eventually be Hex has just begun with Alpha; in addition to what KS unlocked, Cory's mind is bursting with ideas. He often says that he has a huge list of stuff yet to come...

In the words of Phil Cahiwat, co-founder of level-up
Don't mean to derail, but you have a newborn, Shadowelf? Delayed Congrats:)

On the topic of content. Yeah, I dont think anyone outside of the development team truly appreciates how utterly huge this game is going to be. I know I don't. And I admit, I impatiently await more content to devour :)

But it's a good wait. Good times are being had. I just know we've only begun to hit the tip of the iceberg here.

Xtopher
11-05-2013, 07:42 AM
I just know we've only begun to hit the tip of the iceberg here.

Argh. That metaphor is probably the opposite of what you meant to convey. :)

mudkip
11-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Everything from "Increased unique sound and particle effects to more cards in the game" to crafting to authenticators to more "play mats", I mean the list goes on and on. Not to mention the novel and Hexcon and KS rewards.

Most of the features will be post launch (there was careful wording in the KS). Even after these features, I don't expect growth to stagnate for a long time.

Ebynfel
11-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Argh. That metaphor is probably the opposite of what you meant to convey. :)

only if you put it in terms of the titanic. If you think of it in terms of a polar foot expedition, it rings true ;-)

Vorpal
11-05-2013, 10:14 AM
a lot of those can and should be introduced post launch.

jetah
11-05-2013, 11:28 AM

I do not see set 1 being that much more complex than HS frankly spoken. At the moment Hex is basically as complex as Magic 20 years ago. Once we get champion-powers, mercs etc. it will improve I think.

Remember I said content.

Ebynfel
11-05-2013, 11:40 AM

hex is already more complex than Hearthstone, and it's in alpha....

RElapse
11-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Ummmmm I didn't really mention HS, and it wasn't/isn't about a comparison. I was simply saying that I forgot how much is going into this game, be it pre or post launch. And I am very excited about what is to come .........regardless (or irregardless :P)

Silly forum community with you comparisons and metaphors.

Loregoyle
11-05-2013, 11:53 AM
Not to mention the novel and Hexcon and KS rewards.

The novel is going to be awesome. I know this because I've read Christie Golden's 15-page outline.

Ebynfel
11-05-2013, 11:56 AM
and no spoilers, eh Loregoyle? Oh...

Shadowelf
11-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Don't mean to derail, but you have a newborn, Shadowelf? Delayed Congrats:)

Haven't yet been blessed with one but thanks, (noted for later) :)

The novel is going to be awesome. I know this because I've read Christie Golden's 15-page outline.

Arrg please don't do that our patience meter is already on red..unless of course you care to share :)

keroko
11-05-2013, 02:19 PM
The novel is a great opportunity for this IP - glad to hear it's pleasing our @loregoyle

DrakarT
11-05-2013, 05:21 PM
I would encourage people to do the same. Reinvest in cory's and CZE's vision, its great here, they have pizza.

>.< I just read it again.. and I regret so much not being a higher Tier D:

Gwaer
11-05-2013, 07:54 PM
I refuse to read it again, I can't afford to buy more tiers at these inflated post KS prices.

hammer
11-06-2013, 12:17 AM
I refuse to read it again, I can't afford to buy more tiers at these inflated post KS prices.

This I keep hearing the voice in my head saying - must get dungeon crawler perk.

I sometimes regret getting the 2 collector tier rather than sniping a Grand King but then remember it was awesome to have even found the kickstarter....

Patrigan
11-06-2013, 08:34 AM

Can I have your job?

Ertzi
11-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Nice, positive post, OP. I like it.

I am also super-excited for the game and I am not even in yet, as I sadly heard about the game post KS campaign. I'm only a slacker backer out of necessity, but I'm actually not annoyed at all that I can't play yet. I get to experience a more polished version right off the bat, and I'm going to play this game such a long time that I can surely wait for a couple of weeks. Which would still be Alpha :) People are just so impatient these days.

Please, Cory, make the KS tiers available again, even for a day. I would buy at least a $250 tier so fast it would make my own head spin. But words are wind, let me prove it. Please? Pretty please with sugar on top?

I know it's not gonna happen. Still going to enjoy the hell out of this game ^_^