PDA

View Full Version : HEX Alpha Wineskin Mac (Working)

SamCube
11-05-2013, 07:10 AM
NEW!
Thanks to Daegalus there is a fix so you can still play on your Mac without having to bootcamp.
Just install the last Wine and engine and be sure to install devenum from the Advance settings, in the Winetrick section. You will be ready then!

Hello dear Hexers!
Just the happy news for us Mac users. While we wait for the official release of the Mac game client, I can tell you on my side, that using Wineskin and installing the Alpha Client there, let me now play without problems in my iMac.

This is what I did:
- Download Wineskin 1.7 from http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-index.php?page=Downloads
- Install last Engine
- Update and download Wrapper
- Create a blank Wrapper
- Once done double click it and select Install software. Select the .exe file
- Once downloaded, just wait the first time while loads all the stuff.
-NEW: Right click on the icon and "Open content" Click on Wineskin then go to Advanced>Winetricks, look and install devenum
- Now it should work!

NOTE: Don't move the file once you have installed the game in the wrapper. Will not work! (Move it back to the original folder if you did move it, no need to reinstall) And no FullScreen!

Capture: http://imgur.com/qQa2qi5

For the notes I'm using an iMac 27" 2014 and with Maverick OS.

Hope that helps the other Mac users around!

4acrossisemu
11-05-2013, 07:16 AM
good god why did you buy a mac... J/k good job!

ArznikAaron
11-05-2013, 07:30 AM
Theres quit a few ways to get alpha and lots of other windows programs running on OSX, Heres a Thread with a bit of discussion over it. (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=28808)

Shadowelf
11-05-2013, 08:37 AM
Cze themselves have suggested Bootcamp or Parallels

The current Alpha client is PC-only, so we recommend that any Mac users fire up Bootcamp or Parallels to play HEX

update #54 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts

SamCube
11-05-2013, 10:33 AM
Shadowelf, sure they did. Those two ways need to install another OS to your computer. This is a simple way to create an app (just an icon) that you double click and play the game.

Shadowelf
11-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Shadowelf, sure they did. Those two ways need to install another OS to your computer. This is a simple way to create an app (just an icon) that you double click and play the game.

Yeah i was sort of replying to the guy above..you undoubtly did a good job.

Also good to see you at the forums Sam :) Long time since KS..

Shaqattaq
11-05-2013, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the heads-up, Sam! I'll let players know that community members are using this solution.

SamCube
11-05-2013, 11:55 AM
My pleasure!

SamCube
11-05-2013, 11:56 AM
Yeah i was sort of replying to the guy above..you undoubtly did a good job.

Also good to see you at the forums Sam :) Long time since KS..

It's been quite a while! I'm happy to be playing more an more HEX this days. Im just holding a little back until all the cards are there ^__^

Animedragon
11-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Thank you so much for this!!!

inkboy1969
11-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Hi! I'm trying to follow the easy step-by-step instructions a la Strong Bad, but I get hung up on step five. When I click on Install Software, this is what I get:
When I click on Choose Setup Executable, I don't see any .exe file. Clearly, I am not tech savvy, but what do you make of it? Am I on the right track? Thanks in advance for the help :) I REALLY don't want to run this on my crap Windows laptop...

Marrkos
11-08-2013, 04:58 PM
I couldn't get it to work with Wineskin (10.9 on an Early 2008 15" MacBook Pro), but I did get it working with CodeWeaver's CrossOver.

Pretty painless.

Marrkos
11-08-2013, 05:03 PM
When I click on Choose Setup Executable, I don't see any .exe file. Clearly, I am not tech savvy, but what do you make of it? Am I on the right track? Thanks in advance for the help I REALLY don't want to run this on my crap Windows laptop..

You might need to navigate to where you saved the Hex installer you downloaded.

inkboy1969
11-08-2013, 06:07 PM
You might need to navigate to where you saved the Hex installer you downloaded.

Miracle worker. Thank you, Marrkos!

Baldo
11-08-2013, 08:59 PM
I've tried various methods. Wineskin did seem to work, but when I closed out of the engine (was going to attempt to download again) I couldn't find the icon to lauch hex again. Do I reopen my hex wineskin? That results in me being asked to locate a .exe file again, of which the only one is the hex installer (also got it to work doing a "test run" of hexpatch.exe, do you have to do this every time? Seems a weird workaround).

TLDR:
1. Do you have to open wineskin every time? Or do you click on some other icon (within all the folders it created)?
2. If you run wineskin again, what .exe do you choose?

Thanks!

Baldo
11-08-2013, 09:08 PM
CROSSOVER: Also tried crossover, didn't want to necro the old thread.

Many button labels didn't show up. I still managed to build a deck and win a game by guessing what certain buttons would be for, or sometimes getting a tooltip to show me. Also getting the purple haze over animations that people were seeing in early alpha. Anyone in crossover having this issue?

ArznikAaron
11-09-2013, 12:59 AM
Only problem Ive had with Hex via Crossover is getting a crash pop up when Im closing the game, not that it makes a difference lol. Not sure yet if its a bug or cause of crossover but when Im challenged the deck list in the pop up window has no text but the decks are still selectable and show the name once clicked. All in all no problems that cause any real issue.

If you installed it as an unsupported program which you should have sense it isnt supported, try installing it with a Win8 bottle.

SamCube
11-09-2013, 01:18 AM
I've tried various methods. Wineskin did seem to work, but when I closed out of the engine (was going to attempt to download again) I couldn't find the icon to lauch hex again. Do I reopen my hex wineskin? That results in me being asked to locate a .exe file again, of which the only one is the hex installer (also got it to work doing a "test run" of hexpatch.exe, do you have to do this every time? Seems a weird workaround).

TLDR:
1. Do you have to open wineskin every time? Or do you click on some other icon (within all the folders it created)?
2. If you run wineskin again, what .exe do you choose?

Thanks!

Hello dear Baldo!
1. What you create it's a Wrapper. You give a name to that when creating a "Blank" one. Then you install the Hex alpha there. That will be ~/Applications/Wineskin (where ~ means your home folder) You double click on that every time you want to play, like any App.
2. He will ask you the first time around. This will be "HexPatch.exe"

Hope that helps!
To manage a installed wrapper, go the the folder where it is located and right click on it. Select "Show Package Content" and there you could change different options. Only recommended for people with knowledge. Not me, sorry! :) I'm just the basic user "touch and break" kind.

Bernado
11-09-2013, 07:15 AM
It's been a pain to install Wineskin and then Hex on my iMac with OS X 10.8.
At last when I have both installed, I want to play and I receive the message 'Game login failed'.
I have entered my user name and the password given several times to no avail.

Marrkos
11-09-2013, 09:19 AM
At last when I have both installed, I want to play and I receive the message 'Game login failed'.
I have entered my user name and the password given several times to no avail.

That sounds like an alpha bug (there have been issues with login), rather than a Wineskin problem. If the game launches via Wineskin you are probably OK.

Enuncia
11-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Question for those who got this working:
I've got Wineskin and Hex installed on the Macbook, and it all works perfectly. The only trouble I'm finding is when I go to leave the game. If I hit the "Exit Game" button in Hex, it closes but the Wineskin wrapper stays, and sometimes allows me to command-Q out of it, other times I have to force quit. If I just command-Q while in game it closes just fine.
Where the real problem comes in is command-tabbing shows the Hex Wineskin wrapper still running, and if I try to re-open Hex either nothing happens, or I get an error message. The only way to re-open Hex is to restart the computer. Force-quitting the instance fails to resolve anything (program stays open).
Is anyone else having this problem? And if so, did you figure out how to fix it so you don't have to restart the computer every time you want to re-open the game?

FeXd
11-09-2013, 11:34 AM
For those that are using a macbook (pro/air) and aren't sure how to right click.

Taken from http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX/FAQs#head-62302cc0f6f1950175cef33d166a8805d27d59c3:

How do I right-click in Wine on Mac OS X?

Control-click, as you're probably used to, won't work in wine (so far?). Workaround: Enable secondary click by tapping the trackpad with two fingers. Therefor go to System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Trackpad and enable 'Tap trackpad using two fingers for secondary click'. You can then do the right clicks by tapping the trackpad with two fingers.

Also if you get the priority bug: in another thread it has been discussed that the End key works to continue the game: (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=29827)

On Mac: End key functionality is performed by pressing Fn and Right Arrow key.

Enjoy!

Gregzilla
11-09-2013, 01:52 PM
What do you mean by LAST engine? Did you mean to say latest? Or something else?

Baldo
11-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Hello dear Baldo!
1. What you create it's a Wrapper. You give a name to that when creating a "Blank" one. Then you install the Hex alpha there. That will be ~/Applications/Wineskin (where ~ means your home folder) You double click on that every time you want to play, like any App.
2. He will ask you the first time around. This will be "HexPatch.exe"

Hope that helps!
To manage a installed wrapper, go the the folder where it is located and right click on it. Select "Show Package Content" and there you could change different options. Only recommended for people with knowledge. Not me, sorry! :) I'm just the basic user "touch and break" kind.

Working great! Thank you my dear SamCube!!! Having fun experimenting with decks now! Finally!

dwebber88
11-09-2013, 06:36 PM
What do you mean by LAST engine? Did you mean to say latest? Or something else?

If you can guess it, why post about it, lol.

Gregzilla
11-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Still having trouble figuring this out, heh....

Redbeastmage
11-09-2013, 11:28 PM
This is like a nightmare trying to get this to work. Ugh. I get as far as HexPatch running and it just sits on "Failed initialization". No clue what I'm doing wrong. This is dismal.

desenquisse
11-10-2013, 03:13 AM
Thank you very much for this Sam, I built my first deck and played my first game today thanks to this :)

RElapse
11-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Got everything working fine, however it stays in windowed mode, now when i try to change it to full screen it crates the game, i suspect that it needs to be set to the native osx revolution, however its not listed.....any work arounds known?

FeXd
11-10-2013, 09:12 PM
This is like a nightmare trying to get this to work. Ugh. I get as far as HexPatch running and it just sits on "Failed initialization". No clue what I'm doing wrong. This is dismal.

What happens when you click play?

My screen always says "Failed Initialization":
http://i.imgur.com/AKVufhM.jpg

Often followed up by a "Fatal error in gc" -> "GetThreadContext failed" after I click Play:
http://i.imgur.com/fTVzzvM.png

Usually I just keep trying until it works. I've tried rebooting / closing other programs / etc. and never really been able to find a way to launch successfully on first try.

Just try again!

SamCube
11-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Sad to hear that boys! It's lot of variables here. Graphic card, OSX version, processor... and all that technical stuff I have pretty little or none knowledge.
Could be a work around. But I don't know it. Testing older engines and wrappers could give you different results, but again, that's need time to be tested!

At least. I'm glad I could help a few of you guys! Make me so happy! Usually I'm the one asking for help, believe me! ^__^

Come on! Soon as you can guess the Mac client will be around!

joseph5185
11-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Currently running HEX on MBA (Mid-2013) with Crossover and it runs flawlessly (when I don't feel like switching to Win 8.1 on BC).

Is it true that I cannot run this game in full screen with Wineskin?

Bernado
11-13-2013, 11:17 AM
That sounds like an alpha bug (there have been issues with login), rather than a Wineskin problem. If the game launches via Wineskin you are probably OK.

Yes, there was not a problem with the wineskin, although it's not very intuitive to install something.
I finally have entered the game and can try the Alpha.
Thanks for all the information.

mewttt
11-13-2013, 11:54 AM
Hi guys. Just want to say thanks. I manage to install Hex using the instructions posted by TS.
I am also running Mavericks (10.9). For those who haven't, here are the versions that I used.

Wineskin-Winery-1.7
Installed Engine - WS9Wine1.7.5
Wrapper Version - Wineskin-2.5.12

Have fun :)

SamCube
11-14-2013, 12:51 AM
Update: Added a downloadable pre-made wrapper on the first page of the post.

Mishulo
11-17-2013, 10:50 AM
Hi there,
I'm trying to make it run on my MBA mid-2013 thanks to the pre-made wrapper but "initialization failed" keeps appearing every time I try to launch the game.
I'm a bit of a noob with Wine - is there any thing I can try? reloading does not seem to solve the issue.
kind regards

Animedragon
11-18-2013, 05:28 PM
I run full screen with Wine :) Though I think I set it up wrong and I have to install Hex each time. Not a real problem though since it takes a couple of seconds and works perfectly

GambitKing
11-19-2013, 06:15 PM
Update: Added a downloadable pre-made wrapper on the first page of the post.
Hey but the page with the pre-made wrapper doesnt fully load for me.

^ It just stays like that

EDIT: Nvm made the wrapper myself, btw good job SamCube :D

Wesu
11-21-2013, 04:49 PM
Ok, I got the wineskin for hex up, and it installed the game. When i launch the client, it goes straight to the title screen, then immediately closes. I believe this is because it is running in fullscreen mode. I cannot find any options in wineskin to toggle fullscreen mode off / on... how can I launch hex in windowed mode? I can't make it to the options menu in-game, because the game client closes right when it starts...

Tranj
11-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Hello dear Hexers!
Just the happy news for us Mac users. While we wait for the official release of the Mac game client, I can tell you on my side, that using Wineskin and installing the Alpha Client there, let me now play without problems in my iMac.

Awesome! Thanks for posting this. We are getting close on the Mac client. Apple recently required developers to sign their applications (A Mavericks requirement), so we are working on getting setup with Apple to be able to do that. We're super close and are pushing to get this going ASAP. I work on a Mac, and am sick of running Boot Camp! We may be asking for guinea pigs...I mean volunteers, to help us do some preliminary testing prior to it being integrated into the full launcher/patcher environment.

RElapse
11-21-2013, 08:56 PM
anyone else having resolution issues after latest patch?

ovlovian
11-22-2013, 12:18 AM
Also, http://slickdeals.net/f/6462694-parallels-desktop-8-for-mac-1-after-20-rebate-free-shipping
$1 for Parallels Desktop!

BaronLeone
11-22-2013, 07:34 AM
We may be asking for guinea pigs...I mean volunteers, to help us do some preliminary testing prior to it being integrated into the full launcher/patcher environment.

Currently running Hex client with Crossover and in Parallels. Would love to be a guinea pig if needed!

Also...for my fellow Mac users considering ways to use the application while waiting for the native client I can say I much prefer using Hex with Crossover/Wine over Parallels. It runs considerably faster and smoother with Crossover. Which is odd as I also run both the current and beta versions of MTGO on Parallels with no problems in speed or performance.

TheBuddha
11-22-2013, 08:38 AM
Yep... thanks for this! You just made my life easier. Keeping out the Alpha for iMac is a damn shame.

Omnobo
11-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Ok, I got the wineskin for hex up, and it installed the game. When i launch the client, it goes straight to the title screen, then immediately closes. I believe this is because it is running in fullscreen mode. I cannot find any options in wineskin to toggle fullscreen mode off / on... how can I launch hex in windowed mode? I can't make it to the options menu in-game, because the game client closes right when it starts...

I'm having this same exact problem. Did you find a fix for this yet? Does anyone know what we could do to solve this problem?

EDIT: So I figured out that CMD+Option+A switches the wrapper into a window. However, as soon as I hit play game, the Cryptozoic logo shows up and then it crashes. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Second EDIT: It actually seems like I'm getting to the login screen before it crashes for me.

Third EDIT: So I was using the premade wrapper initially, but making my own wrapper for the game seemed to have fixed my problem. I hope this helps anyone with the same problem as me!

lsmoura
11-23-2013, 04:30 AM
Hey everyone.

Is this still working? My patcher can't seem to download HexPatch.txt.new. I've tried in two different macs (MacBook Pro and iMac), on 4 different networks (one on the iMac, MacBook on another 3).

Any ideas? Does anyone knows where is HexPatch.txt.new hosted, so I can see if the problem is my connection?

Thanks!

DocX
11-23-2013, 08:05 AM
Awesome! Thanks for posting this. We are getting close on the Mac client. Apple recently required developers to sign their applications (A Mavericks requirement), so we are working on getting setup with Apple to be able to do that. We're super close and are pushing to get this going ASAP. I work on a Mac, and am sick of running Boot Camp! We may be asking for guinea pigs...I mean volunteers, to help us do some preliminary testing prior to it being integrated into the full launcher/patcher environment.

I'm sure you know, but signing isn't strictly required for installation (System Preferences -> Security & Preferences -> General -> Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere) but that's not an acceptable solution for any sort of wide spread distribution.

Also, count me in as a volunteer guinea pig. Running the client in XQuartz and Win is a bit of a pain. One I've dealt with, but one I'll be happy to put behind me if/when I can :-)

RElapse
11-23-2013, 08:50 AM
<=======volunteer guinea pig

Sachan
11-23-2013, 11:53 AM
So many thank you's - was thinking I would have to wait ages but thanks to you (and a nice person replying to my post on Facebook) I am now playing - thank you again!

Ritter
11-23-2013, 07:21 PM
i've been running Hex with Wineskin since the second invite wave about 3-4 weeks ago. Been running just fine until this latest patch. Currently remaking the wrapper and reinstalling. Doing a repair right now to see if it fixes the issues. I also noticed the resolution problem right away.

If there's a Mac client in the works, I'd be very happy to give it a shot. Otherwise, if I can clear up this latest issue, there's really no reason to not play through Wineskin.

Animedragon
11-23-2013, 08:15 PM
I did a repair last night and it was playing fine. Did delete all my decks to make new ones as well
*UPDATE* Nevermind, its not working :(

Want to be your guinea pig!! :D

jetah
11-23-2013, 08:35 PM

It would be better for CZE to make an official thread asking those with Mac's to be pigs. This would keep everyone in one thread.

also, oink!! i mean.. yeah i'll help test it.

Ogodei
11-24-2013, 03:32 AM
I'm having this same exact problem. Did you find a fix for this yet? Does anyone know what we could do to solve this problem?

EDIT: So I figured out that CMD+Option+A switches the wrapper into a window. However, as soon as I hit play game, the Cryptozoic logo shows up and then it crashes. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Second EDIT: It actually seems like I'm getting to the login screen before it crashes for me.

Third EDIT: So I was using the premade wrapper initially, but making my own wrapper for the game seemed to have fixed my problem. I hope this helps anyone with the same problem as me!

I have the same problem, but can't figure out how to get my own wrapper to work. So how do I disable the full screen (which seems to make it crash after hitting "play")?

When trying to create my own wrapper, it creates an App, but when I doubleclick it nothing happens the first time and after that I get an error message.

BaronLeone
11-27-2013, 04:37 PM
I have not been able to select any of my decks except when playing AI. If I try to play a "live" person the pulldown menu will not work to select any deck but the first in line. I also find that when I first launch I will get a critical error fail when the Cryptozoic screen comes up. Usually a rebuild fixes this.

Using Crossover to run Hex.

Nath0rigin
12-02-2013, 11:04 AM
I would love to start testing the mac client, instead of bugging someone else to play the game :)

Animedragon
12-03-2013, 07:04 PM
My new issue is that for the past two games I can't play any of my decks. I get to the flipped coin and then nothing :(

*Update* reinstalled, repaired, updated to new Wine engine and still can't use any decks. All give me the frozen coin screen as if my deck had a bad card in a yet (which it doesn't because I was playing with it recently) :(
Maybe the patch this week will help

BaronLeone
12-05-2013, 12:36 PM
My new issue is that for the past two games I can't play any of my decks. I get to the flipped coin and then nothing :(

*Update* reinstalled, repaired, updated to new Wine engine and still can't use any decks. All give me the frozen coin screen as if my deck had a bad card in a yet (which it doesn't because I was playing with it recently) :(
Maybe the patch this week will help

I had luck after deleting my old wrapper and installing the program again into a new wrapper and this worked.

Animedragon
12-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Patch seemed to fix things up for me and it is working smoothly again :D

Animedragon
12-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Anyone having issues with login info not coming up? I am not getting any Username and Password box

RElapse
12-12-2013, 07:40 PM
yup same here!!
repaired, made new wrapper, did all the fancy stuff, and no login/pw box

Animedragon
12-12-2013, 07:47 PM
Same, looks like this patch broke Wine :(

HexCrow
12-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Anyone having issues with login info not coming up? I am not getting any Username and Password box

Yep I'm using Crossover and this is happening to me as well. I think the login box is there though, it's just invisible. I can still paste (command-v) my password in, then I get a loading bar that slowly fills up and then...nothing happens, it just hangs there :(

Blargrag
12-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Anyone seeing this with Bootcamp or Parallels?

Just wondering if this is specific to CodeWeavers' implementations.

Redbeastmage
12-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Parallels working fine, a bit slow when tabbing out and back in, but otherwise runs well as ever. This is parallels booting my boot camp partition

Malakili
12-13-2013, 10:31 AM
Same problem using Crossover, it's a shame.

BaronLeone
12-13-2013, 02:36 PM
Glad to hear it is not just me (using Crossover)! I have tried everything in my "toolbox" to no avail. Hopefully someone reading this thread is able to find a fix for this.
I hate to think I will have to play Hex slooowwly on Parallels until this is resolved! Oh well I haven't played much MTGO since getting my invite.

Blargrag
12-13-2013, 07:37 PM
Don't expect a fix for this from the community.

From what I've read in this forum it looks like the problem is with how the new patch interacts with CodeWeavers' virtual machines (ie Wine, WineSkin, Crossover). I hope that CZE addresses this soon seeing that they publicized this workaround in a Kickstater update.

I've tried:
1) repair install
2) re-install
3) update wine
4) reinstall with updated wine

...all to no avail.

hopefully I am wrong....blarg

Ritter
12-13-2013, 09:38 PM
Anyone have this working using VirtualBox emulating any version of Windows?

Animedragon
12-14-2013, 07:22 AM
*sigh* So far haven't seen any good news on this, maybe the next patch will fix the issue. Too bad the Friday update said no Mac client yet :(

Ritter
12-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Any Mac users out there have updates on their efforts to get the latest patch working? All I have to add is that after much tinkering, the closest I can get is using VirtualBox but I keep getting a screen resolution error. I'm not sure if it's an issue with the client, my emulation strategy, or something related to VirtualBox not playing nicely with the screen resolution switchover when playing Hex in general.

Animedragon
12-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Anyone get this working with the new patch? Wine still not working correctly, no username or password box :(

d00dz
12-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Anyone get this working with the new patch? Wine still not working correctly, no username or password box :(

Also having the same problem since the last 2 patches.

RElapse
12-19-2013, 09:25 PM
no change here

Ritter
12-20-2013, 02:35 PM
I think we need to change the name of the topic to "Hex Alpha Wineskin Mac (*Not* Working)"

I would really like to hear some more feedback from the CZ team about the Mac status. I don't even really care about an actual Mac Client, I could be perfectly happy with a Wineskin compatible version. Since it worked from the very first release up to this last patch, I have to believe a quick fix is possible.

Ritter
12-21-2013, 06:14 AM
Anyone have any luck with the new patch? I'm getting the exact same problems as before. No change as far as I can tell.

RElapse
12-21-2013, 12:08 PM
same here, still getting no sound and no login boxes, I can type in my pw but then locks up and the "loading" bar. At first I suspected a connectivity issue, but it downloaded the patch fine, unless the patch server is a separate entity.

its especially perplexing because we get no feed back from the server (i.e timeout, could not connect) and a debug is not really going to be helpful. I have exhausted the breadth of my knowledge in this, but i am still tinkering. I will post any findings.

Animedragon
12-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Tried the new Wine engine but that didn't fix anything (1.7.8)

DocX
12-23-2013, 03:00 PM
I think we need to change the name of the topic to "Hex Alpha Wineskin Mac (*Not* Working)"

Not quite what was requested, but close enough, I hope: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=31550&p=330375

FoundInTheFlood
01-15-2014, 08:15 AM
Installing this on all my macs now ... I wonder if my newer Macbook Air (2012, but onboard graphics) or my very old iMac (2006, but with 256 mb videoram) will work better with VINE ... we will see ... I'll post comparisons tomorrow.

FoundInTheFlood
01-15-2014, 08:16 AM
Oh damn I didn't read those last pages ... the forum had 2 topics and one was called IS WORKING .... damn :/

DocX
01-16-2014, 07:39 AM
Yeah, and no word back from CZE on any resolution to this as yet. *sad trombone*

DataDragon
01-16-2014, 06:00 PM
Mac client work is ongoing, as has been mentioned elsewhere.
The lack of news on it means we haven't gotten it to where we have something to say about it yet.
We'll let you know when we have new info.

RElapse
01-16-2014, 11:06 PM
The lack of news on it means we haven't gotten it to where we have something to say about it yet.

:(

DocX
01-17-2014, 06:34 AM

While I'm disappointed a) it took a month and a half for a response and b) the response is basically "No news. Don't call us, we'll call you", I do want to sincerely say thanks for the reply.

Here's hoping it's not another month and a half before we here more news.

DataDragon
01-17-2014, 03:34 PM
I think you paraphrased me a bit incorrectly.
It wasn't a 'don't call us, we'll call you' statement.
If we have something to share, we will. Not going to bore you with 'No news today' statements. :>
We have no desire to keep information to ourselves without good reason.
If it is any help, I too want to play Hex on my Mac, and we'll get there.

DocX
01-18-2014, 05:32 AM
I think you paraphrased me a bit incorrectly.
It wasn't a 'don't call us, we'll call you' statement.
If we have something to share, we will. Not going to bore you with 'No news today' statements. :>
We have no desire to keep information to ourselves without good reason.
If it is any help, I too want to play Hex on my Mac, and we'll get there.

I apologize that I let my bitterness leak through. I appreciate your reply and Shaqattaq's as well (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=31973&page=7&p=334336&viewfull=1#post334336) on this. Thank you very much for the update.

And, if I may make a suggestion, a post every two to three weeks saying "Still working on things. Getting close." or some such in the Mac threads would be appreciated and not at all boring (at least in my opinion).

Daegalus
02-18-2014, 03:08 PM
Just FYI. I just did a clean install of Hex in a clean Wineskin using v1.7.12 of Wine.

It got to the loading screen after login, and just hung there.

I went to winetricks, installed dxd9, dxd10, and devenum, (based on a few errors I saw in the logs. You might only need devenum) but with all this installed, I could play just fine. Problem is, there is this black flicker every few seconds because of a texture format issue.

I don't have time to test right now, but I think if you install just devenum, it will work fine, without the flicker. Those are my results.

OSX 10.9 w/ Wine 1.7.12

SamCube
04-08-2014, 01:27 PM
Confirmed you just need to install devenum!!
Thanks Daegalus!

Graf
04-12-2014, 09:04 PM
So I can confirm that the instructions on the 1st post seems to get you to Loading Data page; the loading data bar fills up over a period of a few minutes but it doesn't seem to progress to being able to play the game.

The whole process takes a few hours.
Using an rMBP with wine 1.7.15; otherwise following all instructs.

DataDragon
04-16-2014, 07:12 PM
Soon.

bojanglesz
04-16-2014, 09:04 PM
!

Gregzilla
04-16-2014, 10:55 PM
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Animedragon
04-17-2014, 05:12 AM
So excited :D

Gregzilla
04-17-2014, 06:56 AM
YOUR excited? I had a bad experience with the damn parallel crap and then couldn't get Wineskin to work, and I played a little on my Dad's PC but it was inconvenient as heck, since I couldn't play as long as I would have liked. So I've been waiting ever since. I AM EXCITED!!!! :D

DocX
04-17-2014, 07:29 AM
Soon.

:-)

Xenavire
04-17-2014, 11:46 AM
https://twitter.com/HexTCG

https://twitter.com/HexTCG/status/456864137239216128/photo/1

Apparently the Mac client is going live today, directly after the patch goes live.

Gregzilla
04-17-2014, 12:13 PM
Yes!!! Yes!!! Yes!!!!

Xenavire
04-17-2014, 12:14 PM
Yes!!! Yes!!! Yes!!!!

I might be a PC player, but this kind of enthusiasm just warms my heart. I hope it is everything you have been waiting for.

Gregzilla
04-17-2014, 12:21 PM
I might be a PC player, but this kind of enthusiasm just warms my heart. I hope it is everything you have been waiting for.

Oh, I already know it is. Played a little on my Dad's PC around when Alpha started, beat a Dev... but didn't keep up cause, again... Dad's computer. I tried doing the parallel thing... bad experience there. Couldn't get Wineskin to work, either. So I've just been waiting. Patiently. Biding my time. Keeping up with updates, every week hoping it'd be the week I'd get that Mac Client.

And now, finally, it's here! And I can play my dream game! And I just started a three week vacation from school, too, so.... :D Looking forward to drafting and nothing else till Beta to get used to all the cards.

But... yeah. I am giddy and beyond excited right now. It's.... not even funny how excited I am.

bojanglesz
04-17-2014, 12:56 PM
Lol it's bugged

Animedragon
04-17-2014, 05:33 PM
anyone able to download? I can't even update the Wine account

Animedragon
04-17-2014, 05:47 PM
oh wait, downloading! sweeeeet! Hope it works :)