PDA

View Full Version : Warm Fuzzy

Hemotherapy
11-06-2013, 07:50 AM
Does anyone else get that warm fuzzy feeling when they read the patch notes? Just gets me a little giddy because it just means we're that much closer to the end product! :D

ossuary
11-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Yes, especially since I know the next wave includes me... every day I'm all, "Oh god, it could be today!" :)

*starts refreshing alpha notes page, even though it's only 7AM in California*

Shadowelf
11-06-2013, 08:13 AM
It would feel warmer still once everybody is in Alpha, and they will be focusing on getting beta ready. That's when i'll start counting :)

madar
11-06-2013, 09:06 AM
I don't know, i am a bit sceptic, or maybe just too old. I don't hurry, the game will be nice, but well. The Crypto looks to me an experienced cardgame constructor company, but not in the digital reallity. It's cool they play with printed cards, already done with the next *n* set concepts, keywords, cards etc, and i know they draft with printed cards and they play the PVE with printed cards, and the gardrobe is full with the future plans. I am happy with this!
But all of this things have to be programmed, and as much the plans are goin' well, as slow the software developing goin on. I don't know, maybe more 10\100\1000 programmers to hire will speed up the process, but atm if i read the patch notes i just see the big mount front of us, and realize how slow we climbing up.
Anyway, it's not the end of the world, i just have the "Scrolls" feeling - that game came to ready really sloooooowly, even if the plans was ok since long time ago already.

keroko
11-06-2013, 09:29 AM
The core imo is rules systems design and their balance. CZE can do this, they can make a good game.

They do have a number of individuals with deep experience in the digital space, including recent acquisitions.

@madar what you say is true - There is undeniably a great amount of work to do / being done.

What we see in an alpha designed for us to be able to playtest aspects of the game is not the entirety of the work being done at CZE.

There may well be segmented builds of the software for testing stuff / putting it together that are not stable enough to roll into the alpha or compound complexity when that alpha piece has the primary current concern of allowing for increased playerbase (i.e. getting systems to the point where they can continue letting all the folks not in the alpha into the alpha).

Part of the infrastructure / billing / shopfront / localization / customer support humps have been reduced through partnership with GameForge / LevelUp!

Why would CZE do stuff on paper when they are making a digital game where there are no paper cards?

CZE can do a paper mock up real quick - hell they probably have thick card stock printers in the office. Most importantly in this regard is the playtesting of things before devoting resource to it in code. This saves time that might be spent going down paths that would be abandoned.

One might argue that they'll be coding a system which will in theory allow for injection of any given rule into the core operation of the game system in play and that they should just do all testing in digital space.

They will probably have a quicker pipeline for testing in digital in the future, when they are not still trying to build the core pieces.

Even so, coding those rule 'plugins' so to speak takes time in the doing of it and testing of it.

I doubt we can see all of the iceberg(s).

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DmlWm_Q3PzE/UaNLbHWW2-I/AAAAAAAAAUU/vEZdUbybQc8/s640/NATURE+iceberg+2.jpg

Blackhoof
11-06-2013, 09:45 AM
I don't know, maybe more 10\100\1000 programmers to hire will speed up the process
Unfortunately, no.
As it said: a woman need 9 months to bear a child but 9 women can't bear a child in 1 month.

I hope CZE will cope with all this digital hell without strict time restrictions. As a programmer, I know how frustrating a work can be if it had to be done yesterday.

murmeli
11-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Reading patch notes is like peeing in your pants. Feels warm for a moment but then its just sad.

Waiting for invite :D

HyenaNipples
11-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Reading patch notes is like peeing in your pants. Feels warm for a moment but then its just sad.

This is the best thing I've read in a few days.

Lidralyn
11-06-2013, 11:10 AM

That was amazing.

Cory_Jones
11-06-2013, 11:36 AM

HAHAHHAHAHA! I love a good analogy and that my friend was AWESOME :)

Gulbech
11-06-2013, 01:37 PM

Best post in a long time :-D

keroko
11-06-2013, 01:51 PM
If you lot haven't seen @hextcg twitter in the last 20m and are king or early king backers - go see for yourselves.

Kiven
11-07-2013, 03:57 AM

Won the internet this quote must have.

Hemotherapy
11-07-2013, 07:41 AM
Hopefully some of those in this thread talking about Alpha invites when they invited 4,000 yesterday :)

Congratulations to all who got in! Bummer you can't create your account yet, but soon!

My BFF got in, so I'm even more excited to jump into Hex now :)

This is the guy that showed me the KS. I ninja upgraded from King to RL last minute without telling him, he was upset! Wanted to do the same but didn't want to leave me behind in King tier...oops!